• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

No, it's to be expected since the title isn't working either.

Jack

Hello Jack

In Include/header_tags.php am I right in assuming that "tep_not_null" is checking a tag in the database to make sure it isn't zero ?

If that is the case I think I can see where it is checking "default" tags and "product" tags, but I can't see where its checking the "category" tags.

Where do the category tags get checked?

Thanks ... Dennis

I have installed the latest version of HT SEO on a fresh OSC site and it seems that the product_info page is misaligned. The right column is being pushed to the centre bottom of the page and the description tag appears on the row that has My Account, Cart Contents...

This is the first time I have tried this contribution and not sure if it meant to be this way?

No, it shouldn't be that way. It is probably due to a mistake in the changes for that page. You should remove all changes on that page and add them one at a time, checking each time, until you find the problem or it works.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack

In Include/header_tags.php am I right in assuming that "tep_not_null" is checking a tag in the database to make sure it isn't zero ?

If that is the case I think I can see where it is checking "default" tags and "product" tags, but I can't see where its checking the "category" tags.

Where do the category tags get checked?

Thanks ... Dennis

In includes/functions/header_tags.php. But have you tried the new test page in version 3.0.9? It will fix some problems some sites have.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack or anyone who has tried to install this to a modified site by following the instructions on the txt file, I installed it on a fresh osC by overwriting the files from the folder catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2 directly and it works fine. However, when I tried to follow the instructions given on the .txt file, it didn't work. When I compared the codes from Install_Catalog on product_info.php and the product_info.php file from the folder catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2, they are different. I don't know if I'm seeing stars here....

In the meantime, I'll go for a much needed coffee and smoke break .... ...

Jack or anyone who has tried to install this to a modified site by following the instructions on the txt file, I installed it on a fresh osC by overwriting the files from the folder catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2 directly and it works fine. However, when I tried to follow the instructions given on the .txt file, it didn't work. When I compared the codes from Install_Catalog on product_info.php and the product_info.php file from the folder catalog_for_new_shop_only_RC2, they are different. I don't know if I'm seeing stars here....

In the meantime, I'll go for a much needed coffee and smoke break .... ...

Hi Miss Tupper

Give it another go. The instructions are fine (referring to Install_Catalog.TXT and Install_Admin.TXT). I applied them to an already heavy modified admin\categories.php file and everything is fine.

Hi Miss Tupper

Give it another go. The instructions are fine (referring to Install_Catalog.TXT and Install_Admin.TXT). I applied them to an already heavy modified admin\categories.php file and everything is fine.

Thanks!

I was really bumped by the prolonged period of screen staring for almost a week. btw, I am a complete novice in coding/scripting/programming or whatever you call it, such brain cells killing process is new to me but have to admit is fun exhausting and quite addictive. I can never earn a living as a programmer and I really took my hat off on those who breathe codes..

After testing it out on a fresh site, I think this contribution is really great! Not wanting to miss it, I am now in the process of removing all the HT SEO codes from my previous attempt to start over again step by step. I really hope I got it right this time round....... thanks!

Not sure where this should be posted.

I have fckeditor installed and working.

I have HTC installed and working.

But when i try to change the HTC to use fckeditor on categories description i am stuck in how to merge the 2 different statments.

I get FCK editor to show in HTC bit missplaced.

It load values from DB at the first time, but owerwrite with empty if i save.

case 'edit_category':
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
$category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_textarea_field('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'hard', 30, 5, tep_get_category_htc_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']));		 /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

case 'edit_category':
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
$category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_fckeditor('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','600','300',(isset($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($categories_htc_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_category_htc_description($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']));		 /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

Both functions are in HTML_output and both are set to return the same variable.

Is there any who have FCK working with HTC who can share a solution to this. Both for the coding part and the messed up placement of the input boxes.

Hello,

Thank you for this excellent contribution. The documentation is excellent and the test function is invaluable.

I do have one problem though:

My sites uses an older SEO URLS contribution which relies on the "Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development)" to be set.

This seems to cause problems for the header tags packes output on the product_info page (at least that seemed to be he only place i could find a problem)

My question is there a better search engine URLs rewriting contribution that works with ths Header Tags SEO package?

Thank you

David

Hello,

Thank you for this excellent contribution. The documentation is excellent and the test function is invaluable.

I do have one problem though:

My sites uses an older SEO URLS contribution which relies on the "Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development)" to be set.

This seems to cause problems for the header tags packes output on the product_info page (at least that seemed to be he only place i could find a problem)

My question is there a better search engine URLs rewriting contribution that works with ths Header Tags SEO package?

Thank you

David

You shouldn't use that option. It won't work on all servers so if you ever change hosts, not only will your site not work, it will ruin your index positions because all of the url's would be changed. Ultimate SEO is the better choice, in my opinion. If you do install it though, it will erase the Header Tags settings in admin. See the previous post on how to fix that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Need your help again if this error is relevant to Header Tags SEO contribution. When I enabled STS, I got this error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_header_tag_page() (previously declared in /home/XXXX/public_html/products/includes/functions/header_tags.php:15) in /home/XXXX/public_html/products/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 37

I have tried to use version HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.8 includes/functions/header_tags.php too but still didn't work. I have tried to search for the function tep_header_tag_page() but it seems that it is not declare in anywhere else.

The lines of code are as below

//used to add new pages without adding a lot of code
function tep_header_tag_page($file) {
 global $tmpTags, $languages_id;
 $header_tags_array = array();
 $sortOrder = array();
 $pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS . " where page_name like '" . $file . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 $pageTags = tep_db_fetch_array($pageTags_query);

if ($pageTags['append_root'])
 {
$sortOrder['title'][$pageTags['sortorder_root']] = $pageTags['page_title']; 
$sortOrder['description'][$pageTags['sortorder_root']] = $pageTags['page_description']; 
$sortOrder['keywords'][$pageTags['sortorder_root']] = $pageTags['page_keywords']; 
$sortOrder['logo'][$pageTags['sortorder_root']] = $pageTags['page_logo'];
 }

if ($pageTags['append_default_title'] && tep_not_null($tmpTags['def_title'])) $sortOrder['title'][$pageTags['sortorder_title']] = $tmpTags['def_title'];
 if ($pageTags['append_default_description'] && tep_not_null($tmpTags['def_desc'])) $sortOrder['description'][$pageTags['sortorder_description']] = $tmpTags['def_desc'];
 if ($pageTags['append_default_keywords'] && tep_not_null($tmpTags['def_keywords'])) $sortOrder['keywords'][$pageTags['sortorder_keywords']] = $tmpTags['def_keywords'];
 if ($pageTags['append_default_logo'] && tep_not_null($tmpTags['def_logo_text']))  $sortOrder['logo'][$pageTags['sortorder_logo']] = $tmpTags['def_logo_text'];

FillHeaderTagsArray($header_tags_array, $sortOrder);
  return $header_tags_array;
}

Hope you can help.

Need your help again if this error is relevant to Header Tags SEO contribution. When I enabled STS, I got this error

I have tried to use version HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.8 includes/functions/header_tags.php too but still didn't work. I have tried to search for the function tep_header_tag_page() but it seems that it is not declare in anywhere else.

When STS is enabled, the code in the <head> section for the title shouldn't be used. I don't think that would cause this problem but I suppose it could. You should go through the instructions for an STS install and make sure the code is setup correctly for STS.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

In includes/functions/header_tags.php. But have you tried the new test page in version 3.0.9? It will fix some problems some sites have.

Jack

Hello Jack

Just finished installing V3.0.9

Ran header_tags_seo_uninstall.php - replaced includes/header_tags.php - ran header_tags_seo_install.php

Removed default text for product_info.php - product and root selected in "include"

Added text in the category and product Header Tags

Went to Store product page - this is what I see :

Sub-Category Header Tag - - Product Title Tag - Microsoft etc

Note the 2 dashes after Sub-Category Header Tag

Breadcrumb shows all the right tags

Can you tell me what the "View Results" does - when I select that for product_info.php the 3 boxes at the bottom turn red with no text in any of them

Thanks ... Dennis

When STS is enabled, the code in the <head> section for the title shouldn't be used. I don't think that would cause this problem but I suppose it could. You should go through the instructions for an STS install and make sure the code is setup correctly for STS.

Jack

Hi Jack, your reply has prompt me to remove

<?php
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?>
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/
?>

and the error is gone! However, when I do a view source, the meta tags are not there.. is it supposed to work this way? Sorry for asking maybe the obvious, I'm new to this.. thanks for the patience and help!

Hello Jack

Just finished installing V3.0.9

Ran header_tags_seo_uninstall.php - replaced includes/header_tags.php - ran header_tags_seo_install.php

Removed default text for product_info.php - product and root selected in "include"

Added text in the category and product Header Tags

Went to Store product page - this is what I see :

Sub-Category Header Tag - - Product Title Tag - Microsoft etc

Note the 2 dashes after Sub-Category Header Tag

Breadcrumb shows all the right tags

Can you tell me what the "View Results" does - when I select that for product_info.php the 3 boxes at the bottom turn red with no text in any of them

Thanks ... Dennis

It's not clear to me if you are still having a problem but, assuming you are, did you run fill tags and the test function? View Result reads the title and tags from the actual page via the web so it would be exactly what the search engines see. You can do the same with view source from a browser but it is more work. If the boxes are red, it means entries could not be found.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, your reply has prompt me to remove

<?php
} else {
?>
<?php
}
?>

and the error is gone! However, when I do a view source, the meta tags are not there.. is it supposed to work this way? Sorry for asking maybe the obvious, I'm new to this.. thanks for the patience and help!

Did you add the headertags entry to the STS module setting in admin?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Did you add the headertags entry to the STS module setting in admin?

Jack

Hi Jack,

I'm not sure if you meant adding the file name headertags.php in the admin along side with the sts_user_code.php, if this is what you meant, yes, I did.

While checking your previous post, I double checked on the test result.

The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

STS is running and the head code in the product_reviews.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the product_reviews_info.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the product_reviews_write.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

STS is running and the head code in the specials.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

The above is what I got after removing

<?php
} else {
?>
<?php
}
?>

in the index.php and product_info.php. If I don't remove them, I'll get the error cannot redeclare tep_header_tag_page...

When I do a View Result, I have this error : 401 Authorization in the yellow highlighted box field of Title and the following two rows (description and keywords) are highlighted in red. I'm not sure if it means the headertags.php is not in the correct permission, I've double checked and my headertags.php's permission is set at 777.

I've also tried to use previous versions of Headertags SEO but still receiving similar results.. I dont know what I have done wrong here.......

Hi Jack,

I'm not sure if you meant adding the file name headertags.php in the admin along side with the sts_user_code.php, if this is what you meant, yes, I did.

While checking your previous post, I double checked on the test result.

The above is what I got after removing

When I do a View Result, I have this error : 401 Authorization in the yellow highlighted box field of Title and the following two rows (description and keywords) are highlighted in red. I'm not sure if it means the headertags.php is not in the correct permission, I've double checked and my headertags.php's permission is set at 777.

The messages in text for the index and product_info pages is OK. It is just saying the code can't be found, which is correct since it isn't there. The script should check if STS is installed and not display that message but that isn't causing any problems. The View Result might be failing due to how your server is setup. Go to the actual web page and use the browsers view source option to see if the information is there.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

In Admin - Page Control... What do the checkboxes under Meta Tags do ? Google, Reply to, Robots, Unspam etc.
Please read the included documentation. They are covered there.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The messages in text for the index and product_info pages is OK. It is just saying the code can't be found, which is correct since it isn't there. The script should check if STS is installed and not display that message but that isn't causing any problems. The View Result might be failing due to how your server is setup. Go to the actual web page and use the browsers view source option to see if the information is there.

Jack

Hi Jack, the tags are not there when I checked with View Source....

Hi Jack, the tags are not there when I checked with View Source....

Found! Found! They are there!

Sorry my bad, I have so many notepads opening up from my test site and the working site and just realised I have been checking the wrong one until now............

Thanks for the help!

It's not clear to me if you are still having a problem but, assuming you are, did you run fill tags and the test function? View Result reads the title and tags from the actual page via the web so it would be exactly what the search engines see. You can do the same with view source from a browser but it is more work. If the boxes are red, it means entries could not be found.

Jack

Hello Jack

Sorry, I went through trying to explain what I see, but didn't actually say if anything was wrong.

After ugrading to V3.0.9 I still get the same problem - the category is showing in the product title on the product page even though I dont have "category" selected in admin/header tags seo/page control product_info.php

Yes, I did run "fill all Tags" which was sucessfull

If I run the test function no errors are reported

This is what I think I should be seeing as the product page title :

Product Title Header Tags - Microsoft etc // "Product Title Header Tags" is from Meta Tag Information/Product Title Tag filled by me.

This is what I actually see :

Sub Category Header Tags - - Product Title Header Tags - Microsoft etc // "Sub Category Header Tags" filled by me in the subcategory title header tag

If I put "1234" into the admin/header tags seo/page control/product_info.php Title box, then on the store product page I see the title :

Sub Category Header Tags - 1234 - Product Title Header Tags - Microsoft etc

Thanks ... Dennis