• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

That text is created by Header Tags and there is no way for it to appear in the tags unless you saved it on purpose. So if the keywords are actually showing that, it means you probably used the View Result in Page Control before anything was set and it returned the none found message. Then it was saved with that still in the box, thus setting it.

Jack

You're correct, I saved it after it displayed that message when I clicked "Use kewords from text on the actual page" which is why it's displaying in the meta tags. I'm trying to find out why clicking the "Use kewords from text on the actual page" radio button displays *** No keywords found for this page: product_info.php?language=en.

Hi, Jack!

Just wanted to pipe in and say ... I just installed your Header Tags SEO contribution and ... it works! No issues.

Thanks again!

~Wendy

Thanks for taking the time to say so.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have installed header tags again and all seams to be working on the site execpt -

I cant change the title,

My site is called foxycards and it says foxycards in the title on every page. ??

Also the description and keywords for the default tags / index page are not working. ??

And in categories, where can i see the description and the keywords for the categorie pages ? should i be able to see them ?

i can see the tags at the top of the page for 'categorie title' and 'Header Tags Categories Description.'

Paulie.

i have thes errors when i try to edit a product in admin =

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in d:\users\foxycardsuk\public_html\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in d:\users\foxycardsuk\public_html\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 18

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in d:\users\foxycardsuk\public_html\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in d:\users\foxycardsuk\public_html\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 18

------------

paulie.

it says nothin in the file to troubleshoot the problem

For NONE of the problems i am having, both posts

why am i getting warnings in the object_info.php file ?

i havent touched the file.

Paulie.

Edited by paulieGB

the warning were a problem in admin/categories.php file.

I had to add meta descriptions and keywords to index.php and product_info.php and also change the title in english.php, the contribution did not let me change any of these in admin.

Paulie.

it says nothin in the file to troubleshoot the problem

For NONE of the problems i am having, both posts

why am i getting warnings in the object_info.php file ?

i havent touched the file.

Paulie.

From the install file

*************************** PLEASE NOTE THE BELOW ONE ***************************

3 - In general, the vast majority of problems with the installation of Header Tags

is due to mistakes in the admin/categories.php file. This is not surprising due

to the large number of changes in that file. If, after installing Header Tags,

you get any error related to the categories file or some function of that file

no longer works (like editing a product), it is due to an error in the changes made

to that file. You can tell if the error is related to that file by looking at the

url in admin. If it has categories.php in it, then that is the problem. To fix it,

download the free WinMerge program and use it to compare your categories file with

the one included in this archive. Be sure to use the categories.php file from the

directory that matches your shop (MS2 or RC2). If the problem can't be found,

replace your file with the included one to verify the problem exists in that file.

*************************** PLEASE NOTE THE ABOVE ONE ***************************

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack. thanks fro the contrib, it is excellent, however I have a small problem.

When I try to update anything on the admin seo page, nothing gets written to the database.

I tracked it down to the line 81 in /catalog/admin/header_tags_seo.php

if (isset($_POST['x']))

It appears this never gets set, (due mostly to the fact there is no form element called 'X' !!)

Can you explain why this line exists, and if it is supposed to work, how? - I have removed it for now and things appear to be working fine..

I am running PHP4 if that helps..

All the best

Pete

Edited by xmanflash

Hi Jack. thanks fro the contrib, it is excellent, however I have a small problem.

When I try to update anything on the admin seo page, nothing gets written to the database.

I tracked it down to the line 81 in /catalog/admin/header_tags_seo.php

if (isset($_POST['x']))

It appears this never gets set, (due mostly to the fact there is no form element called 'X' !!)

Can you explain why this line exists, and if it is supposed to work, how? - I have removed it for now and things appear to be working fine..

I am running PHP4 if that helps..

All the best

Pete

The update button for the regular pages returns that. If you have disabled it, then other parts of the code are no longer working, like View Result, Delete a Page and Keywords from the shop.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The update button for the regular pages returns that. If you have disabled it, then other parts of the code are no longer working, like View Result, Delete a Page and Keywords from the shop.

Jack

Hi Jack, Thanks for that - I understand now that the that the $_POST(['x']) isolates the Update function in the form processor.. However I cannot find any form variables in this file with a name of 'x' that I might be missing in my code (I just copied your code in their so dont see why the 'x' is not triggering database saves...

On what line of code in is this variable provided - I can only see that it is possible to use the Update Button without javascript tricks, and this uses a tep_image_button() function, that appears to have no 'name' input variable..?

Cheers

Pete

Hello I have tried installing this contribution into rc2.2 and in the admin section i get this error preventing me from logging into admin

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/canadace/public_html/admin/includes/languages/english.php:347) in /home/canadace/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 61

and in the home page i have this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function size() on a non-object in /home/canadace/public_html/includes/header.php on line 51

can anyone help me with this?thanks so much Trish

Hi Jack, Thanks for that - I understand now that the that the $_POST(['x']) isolates the Update function in the form processor.. However I cannot find any form variables in this file with a name of 'x' that I might be missing in my code (I just copied your code in their so dont see why the 'x' is not triggering database saves...

On what line of code in is this variable provided - I can only see that it is possible to use the Update Button without javascript tricks, and this uses a tep_image_button() function, that appears to have no 'name' input variable..?

Cheers

Pete

The name isn't explicitly written in the code so you won't see it. But it is very unlikely that is your problem so I sugesst assuming that part works and trying to find what the real problem is.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello I have tried installing this contribution into rc2.2 and in the admin section i get this error preventing me from logging into admin

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/canadace/public_html/admin/includes/languages/english.php:347) in /home/canadace/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 61

and in the home page i have this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function size() on a non-object in /home/canadace/public_html/includes/header.php on line 51

can anyone help me with this?thanks so much Trish

See the link in my signature for the first error.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The name isn't explicitly written in the code so you won't see it. But it is very unlikely that is your problem so I sugesst assuming that part works and trying to find what the real problem is.

Jack

Hi Jack,

The patch I needed to apply to your code to get it working for me is as follows..

/admin/header_tags_seo.php v 3.0.8 Line 679

<td align="center"><?php echo (tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE) ) . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_SEO, '') .'">' . '</a>'; ?></td>

TO:

<td align="center"><?php echo (tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE[b],' name="x"'[/b]) ) . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_SEO, '') .'">' . '</a>'; ?></td>

..and what purpose does the empty href serve?

I actually don't understand how anyone using this code can actually select a page, and update their Title or Description or Keywords, or Logo Text, or Include settings without this fix as it all depends on the 'x' parameter being present..!??

Cheers

Pete

Edited by xmanflash

Hello

I'm having a problem figuring out what I am doing wrong.

My problem is that on the product pages the product title, product description, and product keywords are preceeded with the "category" title, description and key words.

In admin>Header Tag SEO>Page Control> I have selected product_info.php. All of the tags are blank (I removed the text) and in the "include" I only have "product" selected and put "1" in the display order.

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks ... Dennis

Jack

thanks Jack I correctd the first error it was a . at the end of the ?> thanks but now i have this error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/canadace/public_html/index.php on line 405

but can find no spaces or missing } as i understand that is a common reason for this.

Jack

thanks Jack I correctd the first error it was a . at the end of the ?> thanks but now i have this error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/canadace/public_html/index.php on line 405

but can find no spaces or missing } as i understand that is a common reason for this.

<!-- footer //--><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?><!-- footer_eof //--><br></body></html><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Hello

I'm having a problem figuring out what I am doing wrong.

My problem is that on the product pages the product title, product description, and product keywords are preceeded with the "category" title, description and key words.

In admin>Header Tag SEO>Page Control> I have selected product_info.php. All of the tags are blank (I removed the text) and in the "include" I only have "product" selected and put "1" in the display order.

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks ... Dennis

It sounds like you have it setup correctly. Maybe one of the settings is hung up somehow. You could try setting the options, like category, and then resetting it. Also, try replacing the includes/header_tags.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear Jack,

Thank you for your contributions,

I have the following (stupid ?) question : Does Header Tags SEO V3 is compatible with Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo installed in a OSC V2.2? :huh:

I mean, do they complete each other, or only one should be installed ?

best regards

Yves

Edited by bienenf

<!-- footer //--><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?><!-- footer_eof //--><br></body></html><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

That error usually means a bracket ({ or }) was missed so the php parser doesn't know where to stop until it reaches the end of the file, which it knows is wrong. So you need to look at the changes you made to that file. I suggest starting over with that file and making the changes one at a time, checking it each time, to find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear Jack,

Thank you for your contributions,

I have the following (stupid ?) question : Does Header Tags SEO V3 is compatible with Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo installed in a OSC V2.2? :huh:

I mean, do they complete each other, or only one should be installed ?

best regards

Yves

They work quite well together and both should be installed. However, due to a logic mistake in Ultimate SEO, that contribution needs to be installed before Header Tags SEO.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like you have it setup correctly. Maybe one of the settings is hung up somehow. You could try setting the options, like category, and then resetting it. Also, try replacing the includes/header_tags.php file.

Jack

Thanks Jack

In admin includes for the product_info.php I selected the "category" and gave it a sort order of "2". On the product page in the store the title shows the Product title first and then the Category title which is correct.

I then unselected "category" in admin include and updated.

The product page now shows the Category title first and then the Product title which is wrong.

I replaced the include/header_tags.php, did a "find missing pages" and then repeated the above.

Still get the same results.

Any thing else I can try?

Thanks ... Dennis