• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

None of the changes should have affected the width of the site but if any did, I would guess the changes to the includes/header.php file is the one. The missing title could be a number of things. Be sure you have ran fill tags and added the code to the nidex.php file, assuming you have a standard shop.

Jack

Thanks Jack

I will check into it and post my findings

As far as the store I am running it is OSC 2.2rc2

and I have added the Ultra Pics with J QUery J.S Lightbox Ultra Pics version 2.08

also is it normal to see this when viewing a item this text at the bottum of page

Currently viewing: products new home -

or when viewing a categorie the bread crumb on the top left shows top / catalog but not showing the name of the categorie

it did before the install of this contribution

and what do you mean by fill tags ?

what code to the index file I made all the changes and installs the install file said to

am I missing some thing

Thanks

Ben

Edited by whitehawk43

My test

Missing Database Error:

The Header Tags entry is missing from the configuration group table.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

I dont understand because take error from configuration group table, why?

also is it normal to see this when viewing a item this text at the bottum of page

Currently viewing: products new home -

or when viewing a categorie the bread crumb on the top left shows top / catalog but not showing the name of the categorie

it did before the install of this contribution

and what do you mean by fill tags ?

what code to the index file I made all the changes and installs the install file said to

am I missing some thing

Yes, something is missing. Try reading the How to Operate file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

pseudo page

sorry I know that you have a a lot to do

but the pseudo page do work!!

Does that mean when you enter the pseudo page name in the box for pseudo pages the code won't accept it?

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

My test

Missing Database Error:

The Header Tags entry is missing from the configuration group table.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

I dont understand because take error from configuration group table, why?

Is the entry actually missing? If admin->Configuration->Header Tags SEO exists it is there.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, something is missing. Try reading the How to Operate file.

Jack

when going to admin/configuration/head tags SEO

I don't see nothing that looks like the screenshots in the install

this is all that is there for the header tags seo

Header Tags SEO

Title Value Action

Automatically Add New Pages true

Check for Missing Tags true

Display Column Box false

Disable Permission Warning false

Display Help Popups true

Display Social Bookmark false

Keyword Density Range 0.02,0.06

Separator - Description -

Separator - Keywords ,

Automatically Add New Pages

Adds any new pages when Page Control is accessed

(true=on false=off)

Ben

Edited by whitehawk43

when going to admin/configuration/head tags SEO

I don't see nothing that looks like the screenshots in the install

this is all that is there for the header tags seo

The images are not current but are correct as far as they go so if yours doesn't look close to those, then something is wrong with your installation.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

This is a question about pseudo pages.

I just upgraded to HeaderTags SEO 3.0.7 (from 3.0.4). Great changes and enhancements, thanks.

I also have Information Pages Unlimited and Links Manager II installed.

No matter how many times I reinstalled or checked my installation I could not get HT-SEO to work with Links Manager. Your new Test function showed no errors. Everything in the admin section appeared to work fine. I could add and edit the pseudo pages; I verified the structure and content of the databse directly.

Pseudo pages from Information Pages Unlimited worked fine immediately.

The header information for the main page (non psuedo) of Links Manager worked fine but the link category pages (pseudo) did not. The header information was the same as for the main link page. Eventually I made some changes to the // links.php section of .../includes/header_tags.php to get it working.

Since this is a dynamically generated and maintained file editing it is not smart for many reasons.

This is why I'm writing.

I would be interested in knowing if anyone has gotten the link categories pseudo pages to work????

Is there a better solution for getting Links Manager working? or did I completely miss something during installation or configuration???

Here's the code changes for you to look at. (I do not encourage others to use it as your solution will be better. This code is a kludge!) You'll see I made changes to how the path was parsed.

Thanks again for a very effective and needed contribution,

Ralph

// links.php
 case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_LINKS) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_LINKS)):
   $page = 'links.php?parentid=0&lPath=';
   $parts = explode("?",$page);
   $partsa = explode("=", $parts[1]);
   if (isset($parts[0])) {
    $found = false;
    $name = FILENAME_LINKS . "?" . $partsa[0] . "=";
    $name1 = FILENAME_LINKS . "?" . $partsa[0] . "=" . $partsa[1] . "=";
    $pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS . " where page_name like '" . $name . "%' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
    if (tep_db_num_rows($pageTags_query) > 0) {
     while($pageTags = tep_db_fetch_array($pageTags_query)) {
      if ($name1 . $_GET["lPath"] === $pageTags['page_name']) {
       $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page($pageTags['page_name']);
        $found = true;
         break; 
    } } } 
    if (! $found)
     $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_LINKS);
   } else
   $header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_LINKS);
  break;

Does this rewrite the URLs to be SEO friendly?

Is this the best SEO contribution so far or do I need to add others as well?

This has nothing to do with your url's. You need to look at one of the url rewriters, like Ultimate SEO, for that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I would be interested in knowing if anyone has gotten the link categories pseudo pages to work????

Is there a better solution for getting Links Manager working? or did I completely miss something during installation or configuration???

The pseudo code won't work with Links Manager since Links Manager uses a different format for the urls. I'm not sure if I will add that because the plan has been to change the format of the links in Links Manager for some time now. I just haven't had time to get to it. I will eventually change one of them though although I've no idea when that might be.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello ...

im having a few problems... already run on thread but without a objective answer about some equals problems..

This is the mine:

1) Test Results

Missing Code in File

The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

I must enter this code on each of that's pages?? Must be on root or on STS pages? Because im using the STS addon too..

<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

<td valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_name; ?></h1></td>

<td align="right" valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_price; ?></h1></td>

<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

2)Im having the error below too on same TEST Button. I dont know what i do..

Database/File Mismatch Error:

The number of file entries in the database (24) do not match the number in the includes/header_tags.php file (6).

3) And just to clarify. I have on my index page this code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html dir="LTR" lang="en">
<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>eyaaa</title>
<meta name="Description" content="intó" />
<meta name="Keywords" content="new keywords1,keywords2" />
<meta name="googlebot" content="all" />
<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />
<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

<base href="http://www.factoryretails.com/">

<!-- start get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<!-- end get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<title>eyaaa</title>
<meta name="Description" content="intó" />
<meta name="Keywords" content="new keywords1,keywords2" />

<meta name="googlebot" content="all" />
<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />
<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

It was appearing two times the HTC.... so i dont know why...

Tx in advance

OScommerce Rocks!

It was appearing two times the HTC.... so i dont know why...

Asuming you mean this contribution and not HTC, seeing the meta tags code twice probably means you didn't install it correctly for an STS shop. You need to go back over the instructions for that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack

I have a install conflict

In the admin/categories.php install step

I am to find this code Around line 394, find this lines in admin/categories.php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && empty($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

The problem is this is what my code reads do to my lightboxs install

// BOF MaxiDVD: Modified For Ultimate Images Pack!

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_lrg, p.products_image_sm_1, p.products_image_xl_1, p.products_image_sm_2, p.products_image_xl_2, p.products_image_sm_3, p.products_image_xl_3, p.products_image_sm_4, p.products_image_xl_4, p.products_image_sm_5, p.products_image_xl_5, p.products_image_sm_6, p.products_image_xl_6, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

// EOF MaxiDVD: Modified For Ultimate Images Pack!

How should I add this code per the install

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if (isset ($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS) ) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

Thanks

Ben

Jack

I have a install conflict

In the admin/categories.php install step

As with any contribution where the code as been altered, you have figure out the difference and merge the code. In ths case, the change is the additional of pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag,.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

As with any contribution where the code as been altered, you have figure out the difference and merge the code. In ths case, the change is the additional of pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag,.

Jack

Sorry for the many question but I am not a php wiz

so then the only part I should add to that line are

pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag,.

so then I add the Header tags SEO into the code thats there and it be added before or at the end ect....

Ben

Edited by whitehawk43

Sorry for the many question but I am not a php wiz

so then the only part I should add to that line are

pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag,.

so then I add the Header tags SEO into the code thats there and it be added before or at the end ect....

Ben

As shown in the code from the contribution, you place it after pd.products_description,.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

As shown in the code from the contribution, you place it after pd.products_description,.

Jack

not sure what you mean because this is what it says to do per the contrbution

under admin install

Around line 394, find this lines in admin/categories.php

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Replace with the following

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if (isset ($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS) ) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

or can I add it right under the other and be Ok

Ben

Edited by whitehawk43

Shortening that up, it says to replace

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description,

with

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag,

Now, here is the beginning of your code

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description,

I'll leave it to you to guess where to insert the code.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Shortening that up, it says to replace

with

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag,

Now, here is the beginning of your code

I'll leave it to you to guess where to insert the code.

Jack

LOL ok I see what you are doing good teacher did not know class was on

here I go now I got to frist blow out the cob webs out of the ole brain and burn some brain cells ;)

Ben

I think I got it

My new code if right code

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_lrg, p.products_image_sm_1, p.products_image_xl_1, p.products_image_sm_2, p.products_image_xl_2, p.products_image_sm_3, p.products_image_xl_3, p.products_image_sm_4, p.products_image_xl_4, p.products_image_sm_5, p.products_image_xl_5, p.products_image_sm_6, p.products_image_xl_6, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

do I get a A or F

Ben

I think I got it

My new code if right code

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_image_med, p.products_image_lrg, p.products_image_sm_1, p.products_image_xl_1, p.products_image_sm_2, p.products_image_xl_2, p.products_image_sm_3, p.products_image_xl_3, p.products_image_sm_4, p.products_image_xl_4, p.products_image_sm_5, p.products_image_xl_5, p.products_image_sm_6, p.products_image_xl_6, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

do I get a A or F

Ben

Very good. That's at least an A+ and two pats on the back. :)

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons