• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

1 - Be sure to include headertags in the STS settings as described in the installation file. If you don't do that, it won't work correctly.

3 - There was most likely a mistake made with the changes to the product_info file. You should remove those changes and do them again, checking the page after each one to find where the problem is at.

Jack

Hi Jack,

1 solved, it's the problem of the permission of header_tags.php.

3 I've located the code going wrong in product_info.php: Line 246(After changed):

<?php echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . $header_tags_array['title']; ?></a>

After test, it return these wrong code:

TEST_RESULTS_HEADING 
ERROR_HEADING_EXTRA_FILE 
ERROR_EXTRA_FILE 
ERROR_EXTRA_FILE 
ERROR_HEADING_MISSING_CODE 
ERROR_MISSING_CODE 
ERROR_MISSING_CODE 
ERROR_MISSING_CODE 
ERROR_MISSING_CODE 
ERROR_MISSING_CODE 
ERROR_MISSING_CODE 
ERROR_HEADING_COUNT_MISMATCH 
ERROR_COUNT_MISMATCH 

Could you tell me what's going on?

hi jack,

tried both ms2 and rc2 categories.php still blank page under Admin/Catalog, is there any way to invoke error messages?

You've got some other problem then. The files included should work since they are standard files, other than the Header Tags changes. If the file isn't even displaying, then there is something preventing it that doesn't have anything to do with Header Tags. You could try replacing the file with your original one (before the Header Tags changes) and see what happens. If it is still blank, then perhaps your browser is hung up or there is a cache problem somewhere.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at W:\www\oscommerce\security_panel\includes\database_tables.php:68) in W:\www\oscommerce\security_panel\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 102

See the link in my signature for that problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

After test, it return these wrong code:

TEST_RESULTS_HEADING 
ERROR_HEADING_EXTRA_FILE 
ERROR_EXTRA_FILE 
ERROR_EXTRA_FILE 
ERROR_MISSING_CODE 
ERROR_MISSING_CODE 
ERROR_MISSING_CODE 
ERROR_MISSING_CODE 
ERROR_MISSING_CODE 
ERROR_MISSING_CODE 
ERROR_HEADING_COUNT_MISMATCH 
ERROR_COUNT_MISMATCH 

Capitals being displayed almost always means the code has not been installed. If you search the Install_Admin.txt file for that text, you will find the instructions needed to added them to the shop.

Jack

Could you tell me what's going on?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi I've installed this but the H1 tags and Description content dosn't show on categories with nested categories but for the nested categories with no categories inside works. The <title> tags work throughout however.

The admin seems to put the tags in place as I've checked the database and everything has been inputted but its just not displaying.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

hi jack, got may admin/catalog back... can't really explain why, renamed the admin/.../english dir to german and that worked, then started checking the files, but couldn't find anything. copied the english categories.php to german dir and that worked, then merged old german to the english categories.php.... bingo!

now i have a new question: diid the HeaderTagsSEO test and got the following

HEADING_TITLE_TEST

TEXT_TEXT_INFORMATION

TEST_RESULTS_HEADING

ERROR_HEADING_EXTRA_FILE

ERROR_EXTRA_FILE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

wish I knew what is missing where...

Ragnar

Hi I've installed this but the H1 tags and Description content dosn't show on categories with nested categories but for the nested categories with no categories inside works. The <title> tags work throughout however.

The admin seems to put the tags in place as I've checked the database and everything has been inputted but its just not displaying.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

H1 is added to the categories in the index.php file. If yours isn't working, then the problem is in that file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi jack, got may admin/catalog back... can't really explain why, renamed the admin/.../english dir to german and that worked, then started checking the files, but couldn't find anything. copied the english categories.php to german dir and that worked, then merged old german to the english categories.php.... bingo!

now i have a new question: diid the HeaderTagsSEO test and got the following

HEADING_TITLE_TEST

TEXT_TEXT_INFORMATION

TEST_RESULTS_HEADING

ERROR_HEADING_EXTRA_FILE

ERROR_EXTRA_FILE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

wish I knew what is missing where...

Ragnar

If you are installing it for a language other than English, you have to be sure to make all changes to the other language that are mentioned for the english files.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

3 - There was most likely a mistake made with the changes to the product_info file. You should remove those changes and do them again, checking the page after each one to find where the problem is at.

Jack

I've found the wrong code, but don't know why? (product_info.php line 246)

<?php echo '<a title="' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $product_info
['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '"/# ' . $header_tags_array['title'] . '">' . $header_tags_array['title']; ?></a>

why?

Edited by hoken

If that is the code you added to the page, then it failed because that is only part of the code. Otherwise, I don't know.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I see you have made three new version in the last two month. I would like to uptate my version 3.04 to 3.07. Can I do this directly or how you discribe in the docu, first 3.04 to 3.06 , then 3.06 to 3.07?

I think I can do this direct but I will ask you for the right way then I won't have any problem.

Can I do:

1. step 1-3 from the uptate doku (Update_from_V_3.0.4_to_V_3.0.6.txt) but with the file from version 3.07

2. sql database update ( I have no experience white phpmyadmin. Question: Can I copy the file "headertags_seo_update.php" in my shop and do the same as I installed 2 month ago the headertags_seo_install.php?)

Can I do this direct with the version 3.07 or first 3.06 and then 3.07

I hope thats right and easy to do.

Thank a lot for your reply

Lexus3

Edited by Lexus3

The database changes are the main thing to be concerned about. As long as they are made, the rest is just replacing files.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The update sql file will remove the current Header Tags table before replacing it. If that is not a problem, then that would work, although you may want to replace the includes/header_tags.php file at the same time. Otherwise, just use the update commands in the update instructions.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

The main reasen why I will update is, that I can modify the Index.php (description and keyword) That was'nt possible with 3.04. Now I have updated with phpadmin, first change the file. But after the update all points 3.06 (sql) I would like to update run comments 3.07. But they did'nt work.

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version

for the right syntax to use near 'PRIMARY KEY`default_title``language_id`' at line 1

What did I do wrong?

Although I tried to fill a description by the index.php and it works. For me this is OK now. But I ask you is it OK for the database without all run comments 3.07. Can I become any problems without?

Thanks a lot for your answer

Lexus3

As mentioned several times in this thread since that version was released, there are missing ; in the update sql. Run the commands one at a time to get around that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

When I run the command 'PRIMARY KEY`language_id then I become this warning. the same warning before by 'PRIMARY KEY` default_title

Warning: strpos(): Empty delimiter. in /home/www/confixx/html/phpMyAdmin-2.11.8.1-all-languages/libraries/import/sql.php on line 66

Warning: strpos(): Empty delimiter. in /home/www/confixx/html/phpMyAdmin-2.11.8.1-all-languages/libraries/import/sql.php on line 99

Warning: strpos(): Empty delimiter. in /home/www/confixx/html/phpMyAdmin-2.11.8.1-all-languages/libraries/import/sql.php on line 99

Warning: strpos(): Empty delimiter. in /home/www/confixx/html/phpMyAdmin-2.11.8.1-all-languages/libraries/import/sql.php on line 278

I think that's not OK!!! Is my database now corrupt?

Can you please explain me step by step what I am supposed to do, please

I don't have any expierience with phpadmin.

Thanks for your support

Lexus3

Edited by Lexus3

Hi Jack

When I run the command 'PRIMARY KEY`language_id then I become this warning. the same warning before by 'PRIMARY KEY` default_title

Warning: strpos(): Empty delimiter. in /home/www/confixx/html/phpMyAdmin-2.11.8.1-all-languages/libraries/import/sql.php on line 66

I think that's not OK!!! Is my database now corrupt?

Can you please explain me step by step what I am supposed to do, please

There's no way for me to help with this since it is either a problem related to your server or something that was not done correctly. All I can suggest is that you use the header_tags_seo_uninstall.php and then the header_tags_seo_install.php files. That will completely remove all references to header tags in the database and set them correctly. You should also replace all header tags files at the same time to ensure none are missed.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

After I have uninstall and install the database all entries were gone. I am absolute unhappy when I have to type all my 700 products again. Thats absolutly not a solution.

I made a restore to the point were I changed the file and make the steps in the database from update 3.04 - 3.06.

With this situation I can modify the index.php and all works fine.

I ask you again:

1.Can I leave it without the last update step from the database (3.06-3.07)?

2. What do this sql commands in the last step from the update 3.06 -3.07 do? Are they changing something?

3. Did I also had to make the step with the headertags_seo_update.php or is it the same when I do the steps with phpadmin?

4. Have I made the update correctly until now when I first change the file, then I Add the entries in the DB? I only have to make the last step in the DB (3.06-3.07) if that is nessesary. What do you suggest.

Oh Jack, I thougt the update is so easy,but................

Thanks a lot for your support, I hope this child is coming soon into the world ;)

Lexus3

Hi Jack

After I have uninstall and install the database all entries were gone. I am absolute unhappy when I have to type all my 700 products again. Thats absolutly not a solution.

That's why I said

That will completely remove all references to header tags in the database

I made a restore to the point were I changed the file and make the steps in the database from update 3.04 - 3.06.

With this situation I can modify the index.php and all works fine.

I ask you again:

1.Can I leave it without the last update step from the database (3.06-3.07)?

2. What do this sql commands in the last step from the update 3.06 -3.07 do? Are they changing something?

3. Did I also had to make the step with the headertags_seo_update.php or is it the same when I do the steps with phpadmin?

4. Have I made the update correctly until now when I first change the file, then I Add the entries in the DB? I only have to make the last step in the DB (3.06-3.07) if that is nessesary. What do you suggest.

Again, there's no way for me to know what you did, or if you did it correctly. Others have used the updates without any problem so it would seem to be one of those. You can leave the database changes off. I can't think of any way that that would cause any problems.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, that will add the tag to all pages setup to use Header Tags. But it is set to INDEX, FOLLOW. You will want to edit the includes/header_tags.php file and change it to INDEX, NOFOLLOW.

Jack

Jack

By doing as you instructed above, will all of the links become no follow? (on the pages that header tags is set up on)

Jack

By doing as you instructed above, will all of the links become no follow? (on the pages that header tags is set up on)

Hmm, good point. Yes, that meta tag is gloabl so any changes made to it will be seen on all pages that have the Header Tags code installed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I had the same thoughts:

1: Please backup your database

Update from 2.6 ....... to Header Tags SEO

But they were completely unfounded I took the risk and completely ran the uninstall file and then updated and ran the fill tags.

I had to do a complete uninstall because because my database did not update with the extra sql text.

The only problems I found were with a few ( &nspb) in the header tags description.

1: 1.Can I leave it without the last update step from the database (3.06-3.07)?

No ( this is a complicated contribution that is in progress this means that if you want to improve your seo, just follow the updates

Yes they will change some rows in your data base.

3. Do I have to make the step with the header tags ( headertags_seo_update ) or is it the same when I do the steps with phpadmin?

It is the same.

4. Have I made the update correctly until now when I first change the file, then I Add the entries in the DB? I only have to make the last step in the DB (3.06-3.07) if that is necessary. What do you suggest.

Run the test php and if you have problems read the last few posts my problem was that I had to drop the header tags table

completely and remember if there are problems you must replace the /includes/header_tags.php as this can be broken

Oh Jack, I thought the update is so easy,but................

Thanks a lot for your support, I hope this child is coming soon into the world ;)

( Oh If I Could See The World Through The Eyes of a child "what a wonderful world this would be?!!!" just trying to get back to the basics )

Lexus3

Edited by joli1811
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.