• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hello, i have a problem. I`ve installed both the catalog and admin, but in de admin>header tags seo>page control, whaen o select a page (eg: index.php) it gives me this:

1054 - Unknown column 'append_product' in 'field list'

select page_title, page_description, page_keywords, page_logo, append_default_title as opt_0, append_default_description as opt_1, append_default_keywords as opt_2, append_default_logo as opt_3, append_category as opt_4, append_manufacturer as opt_5, append_product as opt_6, append_root as opt_7, sortorder_title as opt_8, sortorder_description as opt_9, sortorder_keywords as opt_10, sortorder_logo as opt_11, sortorder_category as opt_12, sortorder_manufacturer as opt_13, sortorder_product as opt_14, sortorder_root as opt_15 from headertags where page_name like 'specials.php' and language_id = '4' LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

can someone help me?

Hello, i have a problem. I`ve installed both the catalog and admin, but in de admin>header tags seo>page control, whaen o select a page (eg: index.php) it gives me this:

1054 - Unknown column 'append_product' in 'field list'
[TEP STOP]

That indicates the changes to your database have not been made. If you have upgraded, then you may have missed the changes to the database in the update files.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It works now, thakns.

I have another problem. In the admin panel > Header Tags SEO > Page control, i select the product_info.php page, and change the settings so that it shows me in the title the products name. This thing works, and shows me the correct name of the products that were already added before i installed your add-on.

But now when i add a new product, in the title bar it shows me: _?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?_ _!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XH.

Any ideea?

There might be a problem in the admin/categories.php file. Go to the products edit page and make sure the title entry is correct. If it isn't, try changing it. If you can't change it, then the categories file has a problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

hello everyone,

first of all introduce myself as i am new in this forum, and thank to everyone for their efford and contributions.

i have intalled this contribution, and so far, so good....but i get these errors:

Warning: include(includes/boxes/header_tags.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/pirateat/public_html/tienda/includes/column_left.php on line 74

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/boxes/header_tags.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home1/pirateat/public_html/tienda/includes/column_left.php on line 74

and this one:

Warning: include(includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/pirateat/public_html/tienda/product_info.php on line 232

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home1/pirateat/public_html/tienda/product_info.php on line 232

if i disable these options, everything works fine, but i´d like to use them.

can anybody help me out, please? thanks

Edited by chemota

Warning: include(includes/boxes/header_tags.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/pirateat/public_html/tienda/includes/column_left.php on line 74

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/boxes/header_tags.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home1/pirateat/public_html/tienda/includes/column_left.php on line 74

Warning: include(includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/pirateat/public_html/tienda/product_info.php on line 232

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/header_tags_social_bookmarks.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home1/pirateat/public_html/tienda/product_info.php on line 232

What the the text page show in admin?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, it was my fault. I meant to say test, as in admin->Header Tags SEO->Test.

Jack

thanks Jack....i´ve been looking for what´s wrong in my website....i must have something wrong in my installation because i don´t have the "New Home Page Title". i think it has nothing to do with the languages, as my default language is english....

can you please help me?

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/5019/metatagszb4.gif

Edited by chemota

thanks Jack....i´ve been looking for what´s wrong in my website....i must have something wrong in my installation because i don´t have the "New Home Page Title". i think it has nothing to do with the languages, as my default language is english....

can you please help me?

It doesn't appear that you've finished the installation. Did you perform all of the steps in Install_Catalog.txt and Install_Admin.txt?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Please correct me if I am wrong just wanted to add this in case any body else is having problems with article manager and the new Header Tags SEO

The article manager I forgot is hard coded in /includes/languages/english/article_header_tags.php so I changed the 5 article files below found in /public_html/catalog/.... to use the new header tags SEO instead of the /includes/languages/article_header_tags.php working perfectly now naturally it over rides the header tags options in admin/article manager The new Header Tags SEO makes these outmoded I have now also got the logo text in the header which I believe is very important for the SEO.

<?php

// Mofification of Header Tags Contribution

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

// Replaced by header_tags.php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'article_header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'article_header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE ?></title>

<?php

}

// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

?>

<?php

// Mofification of Header Tags Contribution

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

// Replaced by header_tags.php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE ?></title>

<?php

}

// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

?>

As I said please correct me if I am wrong

Thanks John

Edited by joli1811
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

It doesn't appear that you've finished the installation. Did you perform all of the steps in Install_Catalog.txt and Install_Admin.txt?

Jack

yeah,

this is what i did:

1. create the database on phpmyadmin.

2. upload all files in the catalog folder, as my website is already online an as i see it can´t perform a clean installation.

3. i did all the changes in the files as stated in the instructions.

did i do anything wrong? i guess i will have to reinstall it again, but i did it several times and never got the "New Home Page Title"

i didn´t do anything concerning the install_admin.txt as i understand i have to finish the installation first. my website version is: online merchant v2.2 rc2

thank you very much Jack. i really appreciate your help.

yeah,

this is what i did:

1. create the database on phpmyadmin.

2. upload all files in the catalog folder, as my website is already online an as i see it can´t perform a clean installation.

Where did you upload them too? The error is saying they do not exist in the tienda directory. Do they?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Where did you upload them too? The error is saying they do not exist in the tienda directory. Do they?

Jack

ok jack.....

i´ve been working hard on this.... forget that installation...i have performed a fresh installation....

1. upload the database.

2. upload the rc2 files.

3. made changes in index.php, stylesheet.css and product_info.php.

this is the error i get

TEST_RESULTS_HEADING

ERROR_HEADING_PERMISSIONS

Permissions settings for the C:/Archivos de programa/EasyPHP 2.0b1/www/catalog5/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777

ERROR_HEADING_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_HEADING_COUNT_MISMATCH

ERROR_COUNT_MISMATCH

i use windows so no chmod. i tried to change the persmission via properties, but i still get the same results.

i´ve searching the forums, and this is what i got

QUOTE (hauruapai @ Aug 26 2007, 01:15 AM) *

Hi all,

I have just installed this contrib on a new test site on my machine - XP Pro with iis

I get the following errors on the Header Tags controller

Error Permissions settings for the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TitjikalaArts/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777

Error Permissions settings for the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TitjikalaArts/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777

I found that 777 is read, write, execute for ownder, group and other so I set that in the security permissions for the file, but the error still appears.

However, I can change things and that works ok.

How do I get rid of the error messages?

Thank you for your time

The code won't work properly on a Windows setup. If you want to get rid of the error, you have to remove the code. In admin/header_tags_controller.php, remove

CODE

if (GetPermissions(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES) != Getpermissions($filenameInc))

$messageStack->add("Permissions settings for the $filenameInc file appear to be incorrect. Change to " . Getpermissions(DIR_WS_IMAGES));

if (GetPermissions(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES) != Getpermissions($filenameEng))

$messageStack->add("Permissions settings for the $filenameEng file appear to be incorrect. Change to " . Getpermissions(DIR_WS_IMAGES));

and remove the similar code in admin/header_tags_english.php.

Jack

unfortunately i can´t find this file in my installation: admin/header_tags_controller.php,

thanks, again, this is driving my crazy.

ok jack.....

i´ve been working hard on this.... forget that installation...i have performed a fresh installation....

1. upload the database.

2. upload the rc2 files.

3. made changes in index.php, stylesheet.css and product_info.php.

ok this is the only error i got

Test Results

Permissions Error:

Permissions settings for the C:/Archivos de programa/EasyPHP 2.0b1/www/catalog5/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777

can you please help me?

i read:

Set them to whatever your images directroy is set to.

Jack

but i don´t really know how to change the permissions in windows....

Edited by chemota

ok this is the only error i got

Test Results

Permissions Error:

but i don´t really know how to change the permissions in windows....

The files on a Wndows server are usually marked as read only. There should be somewhere in yourhosts control panel to change that. You may need to ask your host how to do it. The error message will still be there after the setting is correct since it checks for something not available on Windows server. You can disable that message with the setting in admin->Configuration->Header Tags SEO. But you shouldn't do that until you know the file is setup to allow writing to it or the contribution won't work properly.

You'll find as you progress that this will not be the only problem you have due to being on a Windows server. If your host offers both Windows and Linux, asked them to move your site to a Linux one. If they don't offer that, it would be best to change hosts to one that offers Linux.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The files on a Wndows server are usually marked as read only. There should be somewhere in yourhosts control panel to change that. You may need to ask your host how to do it. The error message will still be there after the setting is correct since it checks for something not available on Windows server. You can disable that message with the setting in admin->Configuration->Header Tags SEO. But you shouldn't do that until you know the file is setup to allow writing to it or the contribution won't work properly.

You'll find as you progress that this will not be the only problem you have due to being on a Windows server. If your host offers both Windows and Linux, asked them to move your site to a Linux one. If they don't offer that, it would be best to change hosts to one that offers Linux.

Jack

my god! can´t believe how stupid i am! my server is linux, but this installation is in my localhost (which is windows) sorry i didn´t tell you it was local.

anyway i would like to sort it out, so i can keep on with the admin_install. if it not very important ( i think i read it´s not critic) let me know and i´ll keep on working. probably i´d should be moving my localhost aswell to linux (i use kubuntu in my main partition), but as i am quite new in ecommerce i thought everything would be easier in windows....

thank you very much jack, as far as i know you help a lot of people out there, i´d like to say in their name aswell thank you very much.

anyway i would like to sort it out, so i can keep on with the admin_install. if it not very important ( i think i read it´s not critic) let me know and i´ll keep on working. probably i´d should be moving my localhost aswell to linux (i use kubuntu in my main partition), but as i am quite new in ecommerce i thought everything would be easier in windows....

It doesn't matter on a local setup since the file will default to writeable. I use Windows myself for local testing and development and it works fine. Once you move it to the server, it should work as expected. If you still get the warning there, it will just be a matter of changing the permissions settings.

thank you very much jack, as far as i know you help a lot of people out there, i´d like to say in their name aswell thank you very much.

I appreciate that. :)

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I am having problems with my header tags seo. When i am goint to admin->Header Tags SEO->Test and click , that display failures found in the :

TEST_RESULTS_HEADING

ERROR_HEADING_SEARCH_ENGINE_OPTION

ERROR_SEARCH_ENGINE_OPTION

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

can somepeople help me, please???

Thank in advanced and i'm sorry for my english.

Hello,

I am having problems with my header tags seo. When i am goint to admin->Header Tags SEO->Test and click , that display failures found in the :

TEST_RESULTS_HEADING

ERROR_HEADING_SEARCH_ENGINE_OPTION

ERROR_SEARCH_ENGINE_OPTION

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

ERROR_MISSING_CODE

can somepeople help me, please???

Thank in advanced and i'm sorry for my english.

It means you didn't perform all of the install instructions. Take another lool at Install_Admin.txt.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just got this working. All seems fine. Head Tags section in Admin is fine. Except when I click on the Catalog link in my admin I get this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/...../public_html/admin/categories.php on line 816

Now I cannot see my categories or products. Any idea how to fix this?

This is what I have on line 816:

} elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {

On the Install_Admin.TXT file, it is referring to about step 12 where it says:

Around line 679, find this section of code in admin/categories.php

Any ideas how to fix this?

I dont want to paste my entire code here cause its over 1400 lines. But if you need it to find the problem, let me know so I can post it.

Thanx in advance!

mmmmmmmmmmmm. Doughnuts . . . haha. i said nuts.

I just got this working. All seems fine. Head Tags section in Admin is fine. Except when I click on the Catalog link in my admin I get this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/...../public_html/admin/categories.php on line 816

Now I cannot see my categories or products. Any idea how to fix this?

Read and follow the instructions in the install file for problems with this file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have been looking at your contrib for awhile now and finally decided to upgrade from HTC to HT SEO. I like the new look and functions, but I have one question.

Maybe I installed it wrong I, but I know for sure that I did not edit the file in question as I checked previous versions of the file. Is there a way to move Configuration >> Header Tags SEO to the Header Tags SEO and just rename it configuration or something like that? So it will look something like this Header Tags SEO >> Setting (or Configuration).

Also I am facing one small little problem, when updating pages while on header_tags_fill_tags.php I get a Error 500 whenever I select yes for "Fill keywords for all added pages from derived keywords on actual pages?". Could this be because the server is timing out or what could be causing this?