• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi Jack

How do I hide (or fix) the "currently viewing" text at the bottom of this page

I know it has something to do with the very last instruction for the product_info file. The instruction said that it doesn't really matter where you place it as long as it's towards the bottom but it made major arrangement changes depending on where I placed it. I finally found a place to put it that makes things look good.......except for the "currently viewing" text

Any suggestions?

thanks

Hmm, very odd. When I use the Fill Tags it fills everything in the admin, but when I go to the product pages, category pages, manufacturers, etc.. and view source, its only showing the <title> tag with "MyStore.com" and no other meta tags. Did I do something wrong in my STS template? Do you think you could show me what the <HEAD></HEAD> of my STS templates should look like? Does the STS templates have to have <TITLE> in them? Thanks.
STS requires a different setup as detailed in the installation file. Try turing STS off to see if Header Tags works, after making the changes in the files as detailed for non-STS installations.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Root box for index.php?? Where is that? In admin/header tags seo - all boxes on left column for index php are all unchecked aprt from category which also has a sort number of 2. On the right column for default tags the only thing checked is NOODP and NOYDIR.
Yo have to have the latest version installed to see the root option box.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

when i run the test file i get these errors.

Missing File Error:

Cannot find file /admin/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file /admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php.

Cannot find file /admin/includes/header_tags_seo_words.txt.

Cannot find file /admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php.

Cannot find file /admin/includes/boxes/header_tags_seo.php.

Cannot find file /admin/includes/languages/english/header_tags_seo.php.

I've checked and all these files are in the location that they should be.

There is probably a mistake in your configure file but if the contribution works, then it isn't anything to worry about.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

I have Header tags enabled.

Do I enable the tag by going into Meta Tags and clicking on the "Robots" box?

Thanks

Yes, that will add the tag to all pages setup to use Header Tags. But it is set to INDEX, FOLLOW. You will want to edit the includes/header_tags.php file and change it to INDEX, NOFOLLOW.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you! That did it. Well, I just changed the sort in the header_tags.php file, was easier and permission settings and all.

I didn't see anything for the category pages, is it possible to change those? The titles for my categories show up at the very end.

If I haven't said it, thanks for the mod, it is great!

Each page is completely configurable if you have the latest version installed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

How do I hide (or fix) the "currently viewing" text at the bottom of this page

I know it has something to do with the very last instruction for the product_info file. The instruction said that it doesn't really matter where you place it as long as it's towards the bottom but it made major arrangement changes depending on where I placed it. I finally found a place to put it that makes things look good.......except for the "currently viewing" text

Any suggestions?

thanks

You can't hide it. You can look back a page or so to see how to remove it. As for fixing it, you have to place it in the code where it doesn't disrupt the layout of your page. There's no way to say where that is if your page has been altered.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

When I test the installation of Header Tags SEO

I get the error below

Test Results

Missing Database Error:

The products_head_title_tag field cannot be found in the products_description table.

The categories_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the categories_description table.

The manufacturers_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the manufacturers_info table.

The Header Tags head code for the index.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_info.php file cannot be found.

And I was wondering after I add meta Tages to my pages, from the admin page if there was a simple way of finding out if the page has been updated with the meta tages. Because when I submitted my page to a Website grader. It says meta tages are missing?

Thanks in advanced

Also I dont see the left hand side in "Header Tags SEO" have a look at http://tbourke-solutions.com/onlinestore/pic1.jpg

This is what It should be http://tbourke-solutions.com/onlinestore/pic2.jpg

I now know the meta tags are not working because any website grader always says meta tags not working?

Please help

p.s if this helps

Error Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 36 items with missing meta tag information.Categories table has 2 items with missing meta tag information.

Is displayed when Im in admin>Header Tags SEO

and when I click test, for testing the installation of Header Tags SEO in admin>Header Tags SEO> Test a error is displayed below

Test Results

Missing Database Error:

The products_head_title_tag field cannot be found in the products_description table.

The categories_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the categories_description table.

The manufacturers_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the manufacturers_info table.

Also I dont see the left hand side in "Header Tags SEO" have a look at http://tbourke-solutions.com/onlinestore/pic1.jpg

This is what It should be http://tbourke-solutions.com/onlinestore/pic2.jpg

I now know the meta tags are not working because any website grader always says meta tags not working?

Please help

p.s if this helps

Error Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 36 items with missing meta tag information.Categories table has 2 items with missing meta tag information.

Is displayed when Im in admin>Header Tags SEO

and when I click test, for testing the installation of Header Tags SEO in admin>Header Tags SEO> Test a error is displayed below

Test Results

Missing Database Error:

The errors you are getting are saying that the contribution is not installed correctly. The test script could be mistaken since it was only tested under limited conditions. If you are running a non-standard shop, the last two erros may not be accurate. But if you are, the contribution won't work until those pages are fixed. Did you add the header tags code to the head section of the index and product page?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

STS requires a different setup as detailed in the installation file. Try turing STS off to see if Header Tags works, after making the changes in the files as detailed for non-STS installations.

Jack

Jack,

Ok, here is what I have gotten to. I have completely gone through ALL of the files with BeyondCompare and matched everything up. I think I just have a few small issues that are just driving me insane. I am not sure if its a small issue with STS or a small issue with Header Tags, but some pages are working correctly, such as product pages, and review pages, but if you go to a Manufacturer or Category page it just shows the url as the title and shows this:

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title></title>
<meta name="Description" content="" />
<meta name="Keywords" content="" />
<meta name="googlebot" content="all" />
<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />
<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

I guess I am confused on exactly how to configure index.php to work with your categories and your manufacturers, as well as the MAIN page, or why its showing all blank on the category pages and manufacturer pages. If you need to see the pages or the configuration in admin, i can show you.

I hope me giving you this information you can help me. I have worked on this for aver 18 hours and cannot for the life of me figure it out and its driving me crazy. Please help!! Thanks.

Edited by BapeClothing

I guess I am confused on exactly how to configure index.php to work with your categories and your manufacturers, as well as the MAIN page, or why its showing all blank on the category pages and manufacturer pages. If you need to see the pages or the configuration in admin, i can show you.

The home page, categories page and manufacturer page are all handled by the index.php file. Since the product page works, it would seem you have made a mistake on the index.php changes. As mentioned a few posts ago, you need to determine if the problem is in STS or not or you can just go over the changes for the index page. Also try the test page in admin. Does it say the headertags code is missing for STS?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The home page, categories page and manufacturer page are all handled by the index.php file. Since the product page works, it would seem you have made a mistake on the index.php changes. As mentioned a few posts ago, you need to determine if the problem is in STS or not or you can just go over the changes for the index page. Also try the test page in admin. Does it say the headertags code is missing for STS?

Jack

Yes, it shows this:

Test Results

Missing Database Error:

Filling the keywords that way means the pages have to be loaded and evaluated. That can take a while to run them all at once and some servers will time out. Try using the option in Page Control to load the keywords for one page at a time.

Jack

Dear Jack:

Thanks you very much!

Maybe we have too many product - 3,847

Best Regards,

Yo have to have the latest version installed to see the root option box.

Jack

Hi Jack

I have dowloaded V3.0.6 and am doing an upgrade from 3.0.4 to 3.0.6.

You have a file called 'Update from V 3.0.4 to V3.0.6' which when opened actually says that it is an upgrade from 3.04 to 3.0.5 and not 3.0.6.

I take it that you made a mistake and it is actually the upgrade to 3.0.6?

Thanks

Whats the point of a signature?

Jack

One more thing - I have noticed that when creating a category the Header Tags Categories Description does not get populated on the first attampt. I have to create the category and then go back to add the Header Tags Categories Description.

Is there a fix for this?

Many Thanks Jack

Hi Jack

I have dowloaded V3.0.6 and am doing an upgrade from 3.0.4 to 3.0.6.

You have a file called 'Update from V 3.0.4 to V3.0.6' which when opened actually says that it is an upgrade from 3.04 to 3.0.5 and not 3.0.6.

I take it that you made a mistake and it is actually the upgrade to 3.0.6?

Thanks

That's correct.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack

One more thing - I have noticed that when creating a category the Header Tags Categories Description does not get populated on the first attampt. I have to create the category and then go back to add the Header Tags Categories Description.

Is there a fix for this?

Many Thanks Jack

As mentioned in the docs, use the included categories files to troubleshoot problems with that area.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, Every page seems to be working fine now with the exception of products. The product pages are now using the default title, meta description, and meta keywords. You can see it here www.thesworddepot.net.

Thanks.

What version are you using?

Hi Jack,

I almost pulled it off, installing with the Category Description contrib in place.

Here's my problem:

This is what I have in my Admin Panel -

headertags1no2.jpg

Product description page (image cropped) -

headertags2ee1.gif

This is the results on my product info page (catalog) -

<head>

<title>products new home - 1924 Ford T Roadster w/ trailer</title>

<meta name="Description" content="products new description - Revell 1924 Ford T Roadster w/ trailer 1/24th" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="products new keywords1,keywords2 , Revell, 1924 Ford, T Roadster" />

<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />

<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

<base href="http://handeshobbies.com/catalog/">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

I am wondering what and where I missed something to cause the above red text to appear?

I entered the bold black text in the product description page.

Also somehow I need to get a title back onto my index.php page. It displays - New Home Page Title.

I realize it's probably a crap shoot, but hopefully you might be able to point me in the correct direction to at least fix the minor glitch.

I'm not as concerned with having my admin panel as shown with the included screen shots as long as I can manually insert the info. I just need to lose that extra text somehow.

I probably should mention I installed - Header Tags SEO V 3.0

Sorry to bother you again. :blush:

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

Hi Jack,

I almost pulled it off, installing with the Category Description contrib in place.

Here's my problem:

This is what I have in my Admin Panel -

This is the results on my product info page (catalog) -

I am wondering what and where I missed something to cause the above red text to appear?

I entered the bold black text in the product description page.

Also somehow I need to get a title back onto my index.php page. It displays - New Home Page Title.

I realize it's probably a crap shoot, but hopefully you might be able to point me in the correct direction to at least fix the minor glitch.

I'm not as concerned with having my admin panel as shown with the included screen shots as long as I can manually insert the info. I just need to lose that extra text somehow.

I probably should mention I installed - Header Tags SEO V 3.0

Sorry to bother you again. :blush:

The Categories Description contribution doesn't have anything to do with products so that is a different problem. You may have made a mistake in those change, didn't run fill tags or something else. The Header Tags code will still work for the title and meta tags of the category pages so you still have to add the header tags code to the index head section. You then have to turn off the option for Categories Description in admin so you can edit those tags, if you want, then turn it back on.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You may have made a mistake in those change, ...

Jack

Thank you Jack!!!

Now I have a section - Header Tags SEO in the left column of my Admin Panel. I did miss an edit in the admin/categories.php. :blush:

I can now edit default tags/page tags and Fill Tags, so I was able to get rid of those default tags in front of what I added.

Just noticed something strange that I never had before. :blink:

My breadcrumb trail now looks like this -

Home » Catalog » » » 1924 Ford T Roadster w/ trailer

WOW, here is an actual copy & paste from my breadcrumb trail, it shows extra hidden links. :o

Home » Catalog » http://handeshobbies.com/catalog/car-models-c-1.html» http://handeshobbies.com/catalog/models-19...949-c-1_31.html» 1924 Ford T Roadster w/ trailer

I never had the extra 2 - » » after Catalog »

Any thoughts or ideas?

:(

- :: Jim :: -

- My Toolbox ~ Adobe Web Bundle, XAMPP & WinMerge | Install ~ osC v2.3.3.4 -

My breadcrumb trail now looks like this -

Home » Catalog » » » 1924 Ford T Roadster w/ trailer

WOW, here is an actual copy & paste from my breadcrumb trail, it shows extra hidden links. :o

Home » Catalog » http://handeshobbies.com/catalog/car-models-c-1.html» http://handeshobbies.com/catalog/models-19...949-c-1_31.html» 1924 Ford T Roadster w/ trailer

I never had the extra 2 - » » after Catalog »

It appears you don't have header tags titles set for the categories. You need to enable the category option for the home page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons