• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi,

I update Header Tags Controller version 2.6.3 to Header Tags SEO V 3.0.6

Everything is fine but in product_info there is no product title in the header and the categorie name on every product_info is the same and wrong.

Greetz Christian from Germany

If you used the conversion script to upgrade, that probably won't work since I'm not going to maintain that through the versions. You would have to convert to the first version and upgrade from there. So you should do a fresh install. If you did that, what does it mean to say "the categorie name on every product_info is the same and wrong?"

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

How do I change the order of title tags for manufacturers?

Now its 1 Manufacturer - 2 Default Title but I want it to be the other way around,,

Set the sort order of the root to something higher than the manufacturer for the index page.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi every one,

i have a problem with this contribution into :

Admin / fill all field :

Warning: main(includes/languages/French/header_tags_seo.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/www/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php on line 14

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/French/header_tags_seo.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/www/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php on line 14

Thanks for your help

It doesn't come fully setup for all of the languages. You will have to copy the files that go into the english directories into the french and make whatever edits to the french.php file that were made to the english.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Does information.php show up in the list of files from the dropdown menu in page control? Assuming it does, does the title and tags you enter for that page show up on the shop side?

Jack

Yes they do Jack, for each information page I have (ie. the same tags). My understanding of the Pseudo Page feature was that I could set unique tags for each of the information pages. Is that correct?

Thanks, Scott

There must be a problem in your installation since I don't have that problem on any of the sites I looked at. All I can suggest is that you either re-install it or install it into a black shop using the provided files to see if that works.

Jack

I don't think so. When I take the includes/header_tags.php from Version 3.0.4 I haven't an error, but with it I can't place the products name on the first point. I remind that you make this changes.(Root/Product)

Did you have make a test review on it? The mistake is not on the reviews.(php) page, but on the product review itself.(pri-586.html?reviews_id=4 for example)

Edited by Tom14

Yes they do Jack, for each information page I have (ie. the same tags). My understanding of the Pseudo Page feature was that I could set unique tags for each of the information pages. Is that correct?

Thanks, Scott

I'm not sure you understood my question since you said "they do." I'm asking if there is an entry in the dropdown list in Page Control for information.php? There should be only one such entry. If the pseudo pages were added, then those will be there too. But without the first, the rest can't be added, though you should get an error.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't think so. When I take the includes/header_tags.php from Version 3.0.4 I haven't an error, but with it I can't place the products name on the first point. I remind that you make this changes.(Root/Product)

Did you have make a test review on it? The mistake is not on the reviews.(php) page, but on the product review itself.(pri-586.html?reviews_id=4 for example)

Yes, it works fine here.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm not sure you understood my question since you said "they do." I'm asking if there is an entry in the dropdown list in Page Control for information.php? There should be only one such entry. If the pseudo pages were added, then those will be there too. But without the first, the rest can't be added, though you should get an error.

Jack

You asked if information.php shows up in the drop-down list, yes it does. You asked if the tags show up on the shop side, yes they do, the same tags for every information page I've created. If I try and create a unique information page using the Pseudo function it doesn't throw an error but the unique page does not appear inthe drop-down list.

Thanks, Scott

You asked if information.php shows up in the drop-down list, yes it does. You asked if the tags show up on the shop side, yes they do, the same tags for every information page I've created. If I try and create a unique information page using the Pseudo function it doesn't throw an error but the unique page does not appear inthe drop-down list.

Thanks, Scott

Are you clicking on the Update button or pressing Enter when adding the new page (the latter won't work)? What type of shop are you using - standard, BTS, STS?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Are you clicking on the Update button or pressing Enter when adding the new page (the latter won't work)? What type of shop are you using - standard, BTS, STS?

Jack

I just tried it again making sure I pressed the update button, but the same result, no error and no entry saved for that page.

Using the latest STS and I've added the header_tags reference in Admin for STS (all the other pages are working fine with HT SEO).

Thanks, Scott

I just tried it again making sure I pressed the update button, but the same result, no error and no entry saved for that page.

Using the latest STS and I've added the header_tags reference in Admin for STS (all the other pages are working fine with HT SEO).

Thanks, Scott

STS won't make any difference in admin so that's not the problem. You can try replacing your includes/header_tags.php file with the one from the contribution. The code in it may have become corrupted somehow. After it is replaced, run Add Missing Pages again before trying to add the pseudo page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

STS won't make any difference in admin so that's not the problem. You can try replacing your includes/header_tags.php file with the one from the contribution. The code in it may have become corrupted somehow. After it is replaced, run Add Missing Pages again before trying to add the pseudo page.

Jack

I think the error is in here:

/********************** ADD A PSEUDO PAGE ***********************/	
else if (isset($_POST['add_pseudo_page_x']))
{ 
  $psedudoPage = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['pseudo_page_name']);
  if (strpos($psedudoPage, ".php") === FALSE || strpos($psedudoPage, "?") === FALSE || strpos($psedudoPage, "=") === FALSE)
  {
	 $messageStack->add(sprintf(ERROR_INVALID_PSEUDO_FORMAT, $psedudoPage), 'error');
  }
  else
  {
	$parts = explode("?", $psedudoPage);
	if (($result = FileNotUsingHeaderTags($parts[0])) === 'FALSE')
	{
		$pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS . " where page_name like '" . $psedudoPage . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
		$pageTags = tep_db_fetch_array($pageTags_query);

if (tep_db_num_rows($pageTags_query) == 0)
		{

where $result = FileNotUsingHeaderTags($parts[0]) is evaluating to TRUE

I changed the code to this:

{ 
  if (strpos($psedudoPage, ".php") === FALSE || strpos($psedudoPage, "?") === FALSE || strpos($psedudoPage, "=") === FALSE)
  {
	 $messageStack->add(sprintf(ERROR_INVALID_PSEUDO_FORMAT, $psedudoPage), 'error');
  }
  else
  {
	if (($result = FileNotUsingHeaderTags($parts[0])) === 'TRUE')
	{
		$pageTags_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_HEADERTAGS . " where page_name like '" . $psedudoPage . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

{

and now it seems to be working. Is this change correct???

Thanks, Scott

{ 
  {
  }
  else
  {
	if (($result = FileNotUsingHeaderTags($parts[0])) === 'FALSE')
	{

{

where $result = FileNotUsingHeaderTags($parts[0]) is evaluating to TRUE

I changed the code to this:

{ 
  {
  }
  else
  {
	{

{

and now it seems to be working. Is this change correct???

Thanks, Scott

In the same function the product sort is being set as "1" when the option is not selected. This throws an error when you first try and save the new details. Change this:

for ($i=0; $i < count($languages); ++$i) 
				  {
					 $sql_data_array = array('page_name' => $psedudoPage,
											 'page_title' => '', 
											 'page_description' => '',
											 'page_keywords' => '', 
											 'page_logo' => '', 
											 'append_default_title' => 0,
											 'append_default_description' => 0,
											 'append_default_keywords' => 0,
											 'append_default_logo' => 0,
											 'append_category' =>  0,
											 'append_manufacturer' =>  0,
											 'append_product' =>  0,
											 'append_root' =>  1,
											 'sortorder_title' =>  0,
											 'sortorder_description' =>  0,
											 'sortorder_keywords' =>  0,
											 'sortorder_logo' =>  0,
											 'sortorder_category' =>  0,
											 'sortorder_manufacturer' =>  0,  
											 'sortorder_product' =>  1,									
											 'sortorder_root' =>  1,									
											 'language_id' => $languages[$i]['id']);							 

tep_db_perform(TABLE_HEADERTAGS, $sql_data_array);
				  }
				  $newfiles = GetFileList($languages_id);

to this (note product sort):

for ($i=0; $i < count($languages); ++$i) 
				  {
					 $sql_data_array = array('page_name' => $psedudoPage,
											 'page_title' => '', 
											 'page_description' => '',
											 'page_keywords' => '', 
											 'page_logo' => '', 
											 'append_default_title' => 0,
											 'append_default_description' => 0,
											 'append_default_keywords' => 0,
											 'append_default_logo' => 0,
											 'append_category' =>  0,
											 'append_manufacturer' =>  0,
											 'append_product' =>  0,
											 'append_root' =>  1,
											 'sortorder_title' =>  0,
											 'sortorder_description' =>  0,
											 'sortorder_keywords' =>  0,
											 'sortorder_logo' =>  0,
											 'sortorder_category' =>  0,
											 'sortorder_manufacturer' =>  0,  
											 'sortorder_product' =>  0,									
											 'sortorder_root' =>  1,									
											 'language_id' => $languages[$i]['id']);							 

tep_db_perform(TABLE_HEADERTAGS, $sql_data_array);
				  }
				  $newfiles = GetFileList($languages_id);

That function is checking to see if the base page has the Header Tags installed. A FALSE value indicate it does. Setting it to TRUE means information.php does not have the header tags code installed. If that is working for you, then I would suspect a bad installation, as mentioned previously.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That function is checking to see if the base page has the Header Tags installed. A FALSE value indicate it does. Setting it to TRUE means information.php does not have the header tags code installed. If that is working for you, then I would suspect a bad installation, as mentioned previously.

Jack

I'd like to make sure the installation is correct. The feature is now working as expected and the tags are all appearing ok. Which part of the install have I got wrong?

Thanks, Scott

I'd like to make sure the installation is correct. The feature is now working as expected and the tags are all appearing ok. Which part of the install have I got wrong?

Thanks, Scott

I've no way to tell. If it is working for you though...

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have installed the add-on and all seemed to be absolutely fine. I ran the test system and got this message:

Missing Database Error:

The products_head_title_tag field cannot be found in the products_description table.

The categories_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the categories_description table.

The manufacturers_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the manufacturers_info table.

I have subsequently gone to add some more products to my database. When I try and duplicate a product, I get this message:

1062 - Duplicate entry '616-1' for key 1

insert into products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url, products_viewed) values ('616', '1', 'Paco Rabanne XS for Men 50ml Aftershave', 'Volume (ml): 50 millilitres

\r\nFor Men: Yes

\r\nAftershave: Yes

\r\nSplash: Yes', 'Paco Rabanne XS for Men 50ml Aftershave', 'Paco Rabanne XS for Men 50ml Aftershave', 'Paco Rabanne XS for Men 50ml Aftershave', '', '0')

[TEP STOP]

I have looked at the sql products_description database and there isnt a duplicate entry for that number, it is just what I wanted to duplicate.

Please can you advise me of what I may have done wrong and how I can repair it.

Many thanks

Hello People,

I installed version header tags seo V.3.0.6 - 17 august.

Everything is installed and I see the ''New Home Page Title" in the title bar of my index

But when i run test in the admin it shows the following error:

Test Results

Missing Database Error:

The products_head_title_tag field cannot be found in the products_description table.

The categories_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the categories_description table.

The manufacturers_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the manufacturers_info table.

How to fix this?

THanks in advance

Missing Database Error:

As mentioned very recently in this thread, that, incorrect, error will occur on some servers and will be fixed with the next version.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

As mentioned very recently in this thread, that, incorrect error, will occur on some servers and will be fixed with the next version.

Jack

Jack,

I understand that. I read the thread and saw the comment you made earlier. I just printed my test because I had another problem and your installation instructions asked that I print the test results.

My problem is when I try and duplicate products. Please see the rest of my post and if you can help I would be grateful.

Many thanks,

Ian

This contribution doesn't have anything at all to do wtih adding products. If the failure is hapening now and wasn't before the installation, then you've made a mistake in the changes for the categories file, as mentioned in the instructions. Use the included file to troubleshoot the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

As mentioned very recently in this thread, that, incorrect, error will occur on some servers and will be fixed with the next version.

Jack

Allright, I will be waiting for your next version of the amazing Header Tags SEO!

Also, I have a question: You have included 19 bookmark icons but on my product.info page i only see 6 of them. How can I get all 19 bookmarks on my page?

Thanks Jack

This contribution doesn't have anything at all to do wtih adding products. If the failure is hapening now and wasn't before the installation, then you've made a mistake in the changes for the categories file, as mentioned in the instructions. Use the included file to troubleshoot the problem.

Jack

Jack,

Thank you for your patience. I have found my error and my ability to duplicate my products has returned!

I love the program you have created, thank you for bearing with me.

Ian

ive just installed this contrib to one of my stores in an attempt to help its google serp and pr.

however, Ive hit a problem when using the 'fill tags' aspect.

whevever I add a new category or subcategory all that is displayed is "< html xmlns="http://www.w3. org/19 99/xhtml" lan g="en" xml:lang="en"> "

I get the same when adding a new product. I get '< html xmlns="http://www.w3. org/19 99/xhtml" lan g="en" xml:lang="en"> ' in place of "currently viewing" at the bottom.

It has also placed an extra arrow on my breadcrumb before my product name so I have 2 arrows between subcategory and product

Along with this after adding a new product my pound sign changes to a diamond shaped til the tags are updated :s

Also, the pages I have added on google show "untitled document" at the start of the description tag even though it isnt actually there.

can anyone guide me into ways of solving these issues?

Edited by cma_it