• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

I have checked the STS admin setting, the index.php is in page control, the index.php in my language is present in database,

I have tried replacing the includes/header_tags.php...

When I turn STS off and insert the index.php code for normal shops I get title and meta.. but not with STS set to on..

How do I know if the header_tags.php code has been overwritten by STS code, or not? Is there a way?

Doing all of that indicated the Header Tags code is working as it should so the problem is related to STS somehow. You might want to check in your STS template file to make sure code hasn't been added to handle the title and meta tags. Maybe even replace your template with the one that comes with that contribution, just to see if the problem goes away. If that doesn't help, you might want to try asking in the STS support thread.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok I installed this contribution on MM2. Everything looks fine , sometime when i have problem i look these forums and solving. This is great contribution. Thx to contributioner.

Here my question:

Currently i setting my header tags , descriptions etc.

But i can't find a way product_info only shows my title without category name. (I want it only show my product title).

I am ok with category headers shown when clicked each category to see product list but when click on product it'stakes you to product_info page there i don't want category name shown infront of my product title.

Help needed. Thx.

Hi Jack,

Sorry to bother again, but I don't know if this is working correctly, a few of my pages are holding the default meta description, default meta keywords and default title - for product_info.php pages they are fine ... but for the index.php pages where we display the categories shouldn't they have the details of the category or anything like that at all ...

For example: This is my category page: http://www.pcstudio.com.au/cases-included-c-9_49.html

It has same data as pages like the home page and alike ... then theres the products info page which i think is working ok: http://www.pcstudio.com.au/antec-atlas-ser...550w-p-105.html

Does it look right to you? Is it meant to be like this?? I'm just worried that google will punish us for duplicate data.

Cheers for your time!

Edited by sLaV-

Jack,

I have installed the program and eveything went well. I ran a test and I got the following message.

Test Results

Missing Database Error:

The products_head_title_tag field cannot be found in the products_description table.

The categories_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the categories_description table.

The manufacturers_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the manufacturers_info table.

Please can you explain what I should do to rectify these error messages.

I love the look of the program and am excited about putting it into play.

As a matter of interest, should I also upload a new sitemap to google on the back of this installation?

Thank you for your assistance

Jack,

I have installed the program and eveything went well. I ran a test and I got the following message.

Test Results

Missing Database Error:

The products_head_title_tag field cannot be found in the products_description table.

The categories_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the categories_description table.

The manufacturers_htc_title_tag field cannot be found in the manufacturers_info table.

As a matter of interest, should I also upload a new sitemap to google on the back of this installation?

I have the same error after upgrading to 3.05 and to 3.06. :-)

Ok I installed this contribution on MM2.

But i can't find a way product_info only shows my title without category name. (I want it only show my product title).

I am ok with category headers shown when clicked each category to see product list but when click on product it'stakes you to product_info page there i don't want category name shown infront of my product title.

Help needed. Thx.

On the product info selection in Page Control, uncheck everything except for Product.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Sorry to bother again, but I don't know if this is working correctly, a few of my pages are holding the default meta description, default meta keywords and default title - for product_info.php pages they are fine ... but for the index.php pages where we display the categories shouldn't they have the details of the category or anything like that at all ...

For example: This is my category page: http://www.pcstudio.com.au/cases-included-c-9_49.html

It has same data as pages like the home page and alike ... then theres the products info page which i think is working ok: http://www.pcstudio.com.au/antec-atlas-ser...550w-p-105.html

On the index.php selection in Page Control, uncheck the root option.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

Test Results

Missing Database Error:

That error was addressed a few posts before yours so you can find the answer there.

Yes, your sitemap should be updated, although that really should be automatic, assuming you use Chemo's google sitemap contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi again.. it seems that folks at STS forum cant help me either..

So Im trying to fix this my own way, still without luck though, but im getting there :P

Now in desperation over the non existing title and or meta tags Ive added

an

<? include (DIR_WS_INCLUDES . "header_tags.php"); ?>

in the theme file and removed the <!-$headercontents--> that was there

So now Im getting an empty <title>, empty descriptions and keywords.. But atleast its not the STORE_NAME title as before.

my question is

Shouldn't the includes/header_tags.php file do its magic even though its included?

or will I have to buffer the output and echo it out directly in the template file, (like its supposed to do from the sts file)..

<? include (DIR_WS_INCLUDES . "header_tags.php"); ?>

in the theme file and removed the <!-$headercontents--> that was there

So now Im getting an empty <title>, empty descriptions and keywords.. But atleast its not the STORE_NAME title as before.

my question is

Shouldn't the includes/header_tags.php file do its magic even though its included?

or will I have to buffer the output and echo it out directly in the template file, (like its supposed to do from the sts file)..

You shouldn't have to do anything extra, other than what the install instructions state. That assumes you are using the latest, or close to it, version of STS. I haven't test this contribution on any older versions so I don't know if it will work or not. Place an echo statement in the includes/header_tags.php file to see the file is actually being loaded.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You shouldn't have to do anything extra, other than what the install instructions state. That assumes you are using the latest, or close to it, version of STS. I haven't test this contribution on any older versions so I don't know if it will work or not. Place an echo statement in the includes/header_tags.php file to see the file is actually being loaded.

Jack

hmm the echo statement in header_tags.php shows nothing, but since the output from the same didnt show either

I guessed it was overwritten later.. in sts, maybe thats not the case?

hmm the echo statement in header_tags.php shows nothing, but since the output from the same didnt show either

I guessed it was overwritten later.. in sts, maybe thats not the case?

I'm sorry but I don't have any other suggestions for you. Since it works without STS, it must be a problem related to STS somehow. I don't use STS but have installed this contribution into many shops that do and it works fine in them so it would seem to be a problem with your installation.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi ,

I have another problem , how can I make description and keywords in index.php not merge with my category description and keywords?

Thx.

Nancy

Turn off the root option for the index page in Page Control.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack i still have a problem since installing this contribution. (i still think its awesome btw)

I cant add new sub catergories or new categories. No erros come up. It just expands all my products.... I can add new products within existing categories.

After i hit save when trying to create a new category this is what the url changes to. Maybe this will give you more information.

admin/categories.php?search=&cPath=0&categories_name%5B1%5D=&categories_image=&sort_order=&categories_htc_title_tag%5B1%5D=&categories_htc_desc_tag%5B1%5D=&categories_htc_keywords_tag%5B1%5D=&categories_htc_description%5B1%5D=&x=38&y=16

Please help. Ive tried posting in the general area but havent gotten anywhere.

Many thanks

Darren

Edited by AfricaPC

Hi.

I have another problem. When I go to the reviews and click on a product I got following error:

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /var/www/vhosts/xxx.de/httpdocs/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 43

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /var/www/vhosts/xxx.de/httpdocs/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 44

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /var/www/vhosts/xxx.de/httpdocs/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 45

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /var/www/vhosts/xxx.de/httpdocs/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 46

After I changed the lines from implode to explode the error goes away, but also the header tags...

Jack i still have a problem since installing this contribution. (i still think its awesome btw)

I cant add new sub catergories or new categories. No erros come up. It just expands all my products.... I can add new products within existing categories.

After i hit save when trying to create a new category this is what the url changes to. Maybe this will give you more information.

admin/categories.php?search=&cPath=0&categories_name%5B1%5D=&categories_image=&sort_order=&categories_htc_title_tag%5B1%5D=&categories_htc_desc_tag%5B1%5D=&categories_htc_keywords_tag%5B1%5D=&categories_htc_description%5B1%5D=&x=38&y=16

Please help. Ive tried posting in the general area but havent gotten anywhere.

Many thanks

Darren

As mentioned in the install instructions, any time there is a problem with something related to the categories file, it has to be the changes that were made to that file. There isn't anything else involved that would have been changed. So you should use one of the included categories file to test and compare against to find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi.

I have another problem. When I go to the reviews and click on a product I got following error:

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /var/www/vhosts/xxx.de/httpdocs/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 43

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /var/www/vhosts/xxx.de/httpdocs/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 44

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /var/www/vhosts/xxx.de/httpdocs/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 45

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /var/www/vhosts/xxx.de/httpdocs/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 46

After I changed the lines from implode to explode the error goes away, but also the header tags...

Did you run fill tags?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have HT SEO V3.0.6 installed together with Information Pages Unlimited. HT SEO and IPU both work really well.

I tried to use your Pseudo Page feature by entering:

information.php?info_id=10

into the field (after choosing Add Missing Pages as required within the Pseudo Pages box).

I'm not getting any response from the feature. There are no DB entries for the page and it doesn't appear in the drop-down list of pages.

Do I need to perform any other actions to make this work other than entering the part-URL as above??

Thanks for a great contribution and your ongoing support.

Scott

Hi,

I update Header Tags Controller version 2.6.3 to Header Tags SEO V 3.0.6

Everything is fine but in product_info there is no product title in the header and the categorie name on every product_info is the same and wrong.

Greetz Christian from Germany

Hi every one,

i have a problem with this contribution into :

Admin / fill all field :

Warning: main(includes/languages/French/header_tags_seo.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/www/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php on line 14

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/French/header_tags_seo.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/www/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php on line 14

Thanks for your help

Yes, Jack I did.
There must be a problem in your installation since I don't have that problem on any of the sites I looked at. All I can suggest is that you either re-install it or install it into a black shop using the provided files to see if that works.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I have HT SEO V3.0.6 installed together with Information Pages Unlimited. HT SEO and IPU both work really well.

I tried to use your Pseudo Page feature by entering:

information.php?info_id=10

into the field (after choosing Add Missing Pages as required within the Pseudo Pages box).

I'm not getting any response from the feature. There are no DB entries for the page and it doesn't appear in the drop-down list of pages.

Do I need to perform any other actions to make this work other than entering the part-URL as above??

Thanks for a great contribution and your ongoing support.

Scott

Does information.php show up in the list of files from the dropdown menu in page control? Assuming it does, does the title and tags you enter for that page show up on the shop side?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons