• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Thanks for a great Contribution !

Quick question.... I installed this all. Wow lots of code to change (for a php/osc) noob.

All looks like it working nicely, but.... When i try and add a new sub category, as ive chosed a name and tags ect and click save.

The next page expands all my products and categories, but it doesnt create the new subcategory.

Also tried creating new category (not just sub-category) and it does the same.

Im not getting any errors. I can create new Products whithin existing categories.

Any ideas?

That's not a Header Tags issue. You will need to post that in general support.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I made the change but the title is still displayed as an url in IE and no title in Mozilla.

The all products page works in the sense that all my products are displayed in alphabetical order with their images. There is no problem there from what I see.

on the admin side, the page control for allprods, no matter what I type in as a title, description, keyword and include default title with the sort number the view result comes out blank with red highlight.

I don't know what else to try.

Thanks again,

Alexandra

What about the change I posted? With that installed, refreshing your all products page should have printed out the title on the page itself. If you made that change and it didn't print anything out, then the includes/header_tags.php file is probably at fault. I suggest replacing that with the one from the contribution and see what happens. Also, when you make a change in Page Control and Update it, does the change you made stay there?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

That's not a Header Tags issue. You will need to post that in general support.

Jack

Thanks for the reply Jack.

But this has only started since adding this contribution. If you still think this is just coincidental, ill post this in the other forum.

After all you would know a lot better than me.

Hi Jacks please advise on what my code should be since I have mo pics installed.

Your step states to do:

Around line 394, find this lines in admin/categories.php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && empty($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

Replace with the following

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if (isset ($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS) ) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

But the code I have is:

// BOF: More Pics 6 Added: , p.products_subimage1, p.products_subimage2, p.products_subimage3, p.products_subimage4, p.products_subimage5, p.products_subimage6

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_subimage1, p.products_subimage2, p.products_subimage3, p.products_subimage4, p.products_subimage5, p.products_subimage6, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

// EOF: More Pics 6

Do I just add p.products_subimage1, p.products_subimage2, p.products_subimage3, p.products_subimage4, p.products_subimage5, p.products_subimage6 to your code or what does the code need to look like

Thanks

Whats the point of a signature?

What about the change I posted? With that installed, refreshing your all products page should have printed out the title on the page itself. If you made that change and it didn't print anything out, then the includes/header_tags.php file is probably at fault. I suggest replacing that with the one from the contribution and see what happens. Also, when you make a change in Page Control and Update it, does the change you made stay there?

Jack

Hi Jack,

I tried the change but nothing happened. I followed your advice and uploaded the includes/header_tags.php from the contribution. I added the code above // ALL OTHER PAGES NOT DEFINED ABOVE and it works perfectly.

The problem was I had added the code in step 6 for the all products contribution. When you said skip the steps I had understood step 7. Sorry about that.

I appreciate your help.

If you have a chance I have posted a question in the Easy map forum.

Thanks again,

Alexandra

Hi Jacks please advise on what my code should be since I have mo pics installed.

Your step states to do:

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

But the code I have is:

// BOF: More Pics 6 Added: , p.products_subimage1, p.products_subimage2, p.products_subimage3, p.products_subimage4, p.products_subimage5, p.products_subimage6

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_subimage1, p.products_subimage2, p.products_subimage3, p.products_subimage4, p.products_subimage5, p.products_subimage6, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Do I just add p.products_subimage1, p.products_subimage2, p.products_subimage3, p.products_subimage4, p.products_subimage5, p.products_subimage6 to your code or what does the code need to look like

Thanks

Hi Jack in addition to the above issue I have one more then I am done.

I have installed fckedotor and have slighty different code for the following step:

Around line 519, find this section of code in admin/categories.php

NOTE: There can be several instances of the code:

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++)

so you need to be sure you have the correct one. The best way is to do a

search for TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, which is part of the code to be replaced.

<?php

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>

<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<your code>

But the code I have at this point is:

<?php

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>

<!-- Following old code replaced for FCK editor Bal 12/08/08 -->

<!--<td class="main"></*?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?*/></td> -->

<!-- New code: -->

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_fckeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','600','300',(isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

So if I replace the code then I will be removing the FCK editor functionality.

Please advise on both the issue.

Just like to say many thanks for your time.

Thank

TMM

Hi

I too have More Pics installed and encountered the same problem as you, although successfully have this contribution working on my site.

All you need to do is notice the difference between the two sections of code and work out what Header Tags wants to add. All you will need to do is add:

pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag,

After pd.products_head_title_tag, (obviously make sure the formatting of the line is correct; the pattern of commas and spaces is obvious)

You may be able to do what you suggested, ie. just add the more pics code to the Header Tags code, however if you have made other modifications it would be easier to just add the Header tags code to your already existing code.

Hope that helped,

Ben

Your step states to do:

But the code I have is:

Thanks

Yes, you have to merge the two statements. There will be more than the one you showed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, you have to merge the two statements. There will be more than the one you showed.

Jack

Hi Jack okay thats mopics sorted, what about the conflict with fckeditor?

I have installed fckedotor and have slighty different code for the following step:

Around line 519, find this section of code in admin/categories.php

NOTE: There can be several instances of the code:

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++)

so you need to be sure you have the correct one. The best way is to do a

search for TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, which is part of the code to be replaced.

<?php

?>

<tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<your code>

But the code I have at this point is:

<?php

?>

<tr>

<tr>

<!-- Following old code replaced for FCK editor Bal 12/08/08 -->

<!--<td class="main"></*?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?*/></td> -->

<!-- New code: -->

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_fckeditor('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']','600','300',(isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

So if I replace the code then I will be removing the FCK editor functionality.

Please advise

Thanks

TMM

Hi Jack,

As first I want to thank you for this contribution and great effort.

I have a little problem with this contribution, but I don't know what am I doing wrong.

Screen shot will describe the problem.

When I enter the admin I get this:

error.jpg

Help please.

Best regards,

Vojkan Tasic

I have RC2 and:

1.fixed-width-container

2. Ultimate seo URLS

3.IndependentSeoUrlValidation_v1.0.4

4.FCK editor

5.categories-xc

Hi Jack

Currently my Browser title bar looks like this:

Category - Default Title - Product Name

I would like the product name to be first, followed by the category and then the default title. I have tried changing the sort orders but the Product name always appears to be last. Is it possible to change this?

Thanks

Ben

Edited by Benjjj6

I would like the product name to be first, followed by the category and then the default title. I have tried changing the sort orders but the Product name always appears to be last. Is it possible to change this?

It's not possible in the current version but may be in the next.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

QUOTE (psdealer @ Aug 13 2008, 11:21 AM)

hi jack,

Do you figure out how to set unique category meta tags?

On current version each category meta tags includes index meta.

I have searched on google,total forums,addons but got no thread to solve this problem.

I have seen that very many people have the same need as me,hope you can figure out asap

Thanks again!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, it has been fixed and will appear in the next version, which will be uploaded soon.

Jack

Hi Jack again,

When will you upload the next version with this fixing pls?

Don't want to bother you but just need the time so that I can arrange my work on SEO.

Thanks!

When will you upload the next version with this fixing pls?

Don't want to bother you but just need the time so that I can arrange my work on SEO.

Soon, or possibly the day after.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded. Below is a list of changes:

-> Changed missing tag code display in Fill Tags so the found items link to the missing items edit page.

-> Changed code in includes/header_tags.php from FILENAME_PRODUCT_WRITE to FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE.

-> Changed code in admin/header_tags_seo.php to prevent endless loop (identified by Celluloid in the support thread).

-> Fixed coding error in the default section of Page Control that prevented those options from working correctly.

-> Fixed some coding errors in missing tags code.

-> Fixed bug where alt text for the category sub-images was not working.

-> Fixed error in functions code that would cause the add missing pages to fail for all languages under some conditions.

-> Fixed code for specials in includes/header_tags.php - removed invalid entry.

-> Fixed several small coding and logic mistakes throughout code.

-> Added option to control showing the root title, meta tags and logo text, where "root" refers to the text in the box in Page Control.

-> Added option to control showing the product title, meta tags and logo text, where applicable.

-> Added code to check that the name of the file is what's defined in filenames.php (identified by Mike (dailce) in the support thread).

-> Added code to allow the adding of pseudo pages for contributions like Articles Manager and Page Editor.

-> Added code to sort file list.

-> Added a test page to check the major points of the installation. This will, hopefully, help make the installation easier.

A few points about the above.

The title and tags should now be completely configurable. If not setup correctly, you can end up with no title or tags at all. That is easily checkable and should not be a problem but you need to be aware of the possibility.

Pages added by contributions like Articles Manager are not real pages so a new section was added where they can be manually entered. It would be possible to add them dynamically, but that would mean the Header Tags code would have to check for those contributions. If the code changed in them, it would break Header Tags, thus the reason for the manual entry.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded. Below is a list of changes:

-> Changed missing tag code display in Fill Tags so the found items link to the missing items edit page.

-> Changed code in includes/header_tags.php from FILENAME_PRODUCT_WRITE to FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE.

-> Changed code in admin/header_tags_seo.php to prevent endless loop (identified by Celluloid in the support thread).

-> Fixed coding error in the default section of Page Control that prevented those options from working correctly.

-> Fixed some coding errors in missing tags code.

-> Fixed bug where alt text for the category sub-images was not working.

-> Fixed error in functions code that would cause the add missing pages to fail for all languages under some conditions.

-> Fixed code for specials in includes/header_tags.php - removed invalid entry.

-> Fixed several small coding and logic mistakes throughout code.

-> Added option to control showing the root title, meta tags and logo text, where "root" refers to the text in the box in Page Control.

-> Added option to control showing the product title, meta tags and logo text, where applicable.

-> Added code to check that the name of the file is what's defined in filenames.php (identified by Mike (dailce) in the support thread).

-> Added code to allow the adding of pseudo pages for contributions like Articles Manager and Page Editor.

-> Added code to sort file list.

-> Added a test page to check the major points of the installation. This will, hopefully, help make the installation easier.

A few points about the above.

The title and tags should now be completely configurable. If not setup correctly, you can end up with no title or tags at all. That is easily checkable and should not be a problem but you need to be aware of the possibility.

Pages added by contributions like Articles Manager are not real pages so a new section was added where they can be manually entered. It would be possible to add them dynamically, but that would mean the Header Tags code would have to check for those contributions. If the code changed in them, it would break Header Tags, thus the reason for the manual entry.

Jack

Jack you are a legend! Thanks a million!!!

Hi Jack.

I have two little problems with this great contribution.

When I go to the Test page I got following error:

http://www.xxx.de/admin/FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_TEST (browser line)

"The requested document was not found on this server." But I upload the header tags test

Second:

After I marked the Meta Tags Infos (NOODP etc.) and refresh the site the changes are lost.

Thanks a lot!

same problems here.

test page says this:

TEST_RESULTS_HEADING

ERROR_HEADING_PERMISSIONS

Permissions settings for the /hp/ae/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755

ERROR_HEADING_MISSING_FILE

ERROR_MISSING_FILE

ERROR_MISSING_FILE

ERROR_MISSING_FILE

ERROR_MISSING_FILE

ERROR_MISSING_FILE

ERROR_MISSING_FILE

i have set to 755, nut error message keeps comin

header_tags_fill_tags.php seems to work great, tested everything

but header_tags_seo.php - page control - doenst seem to work that nice

a better documentation would be nice....Keyword(s):

Logo Text:

Include:

Default Title:

Default Description

Default Keywords:

Default Logo:

Category:

Manufacturer:

Product:

OPTION_INCL_ROOT

what are these for`?

how can i set a revisit for these pages like in the standard ones on the right side?

Hi Jack.

"The requested document was not found on this server." But I upload the header tags test

Second:

After I marked the Meta Tags Infos (NOODP etc.) and refresh the site the changes are lost.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Jack.

Second:

Thanks a lot!

The update file doesn't mention adding the definition for the test page terms. Open the Install_Admin.txt file and search for "test" to find the needed changes (there's more than one).

I'll have to look at the meta tags problem. I see it here too.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

same problems here.

test page says this:

TEST_RESULTS_HEADING

ERROR_HEADING_PERMISSIONS

Permissions settings for the /hp/ae/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755

ERROR_HEADING_MISSING_FILE

ERROR_MISSING_FILE

ERROR_MISSING_FILE

ERROR_MISSING_FILE

ERROR_MISSING_FILE

ERROR_MISSING_FILE

ERROR_MISSING_FILE

It appears you didn't replace the admin files as directed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons