• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Alright....blonde that I am, I finally figured out that I uploaded the wrong column left....*blushing*. It however is still not working right and I'm still trying to figure out why I had to comment out those includes in the general.php. It's late and I'm tired though so I'll wait till the morning when I've had at least 2 cups of coffee!

Okay, so just to be really annoying cause it's late and I'm having insomnia, when I go to the page control, the dropdown is empty, because of course, I have an error message at the top of the page that says:

Failed to open directory: /home/2guysandablade/domains/2guysandablade.com/public_html/store/ (this is my test server). That's probably why I can't get any metatags working on pages.

I can seem to add them to categories though, however preceeding what I've entered, I've also got: New Home Page Title - for the title and newkeywords1, newkeywords2, right before the keywords I've entered for the category. The desription is also preceeded by new description.

This will really kick butt when I can get it to work...

Thanks Jack!

Oh....any ideas? I've check permissions and reuploaded files with no change. Could the commented out code have created this?

Okay, so just to be really annoying cause it's late and I'm having insomnia, when I go to the page control, the dropdown is empty, because of course, I have an error message at the top of the page that says:

Failed to open directory: /home/2guysandablade/domains/2guysandablade.com/public_html/store/ (this is my test server). That's probably why I can't get any metatags working on pages.

Oh....any ideas? I've check permissions and reuploaded files with no change. Could the commented out code have created this?

You have to fix the path problem before you can continue. That's not something that can be handled in this thread though. You should post it in the general support forum. For the commented out code, it means the code was installed twice.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Quote: My first thought is that the include default option hasn't been checked for that page. But this isn't the right place to ask Header Tags support questions. You need to post in that support thread.

Hi Jack,

I've moved the question to this thread.

I made the changes in the admin section trying to add the default title but it still doesn't work. The title in IE7 is the url and in Mozilla Firefox there is no title displayed.

In the admin section when I select view result for the allprods.php the section is blank and red highlight.

I have included default title, description and keywords but they have made no change to the allprods.php page. I have tried typing in a title and description bu the view result still comes out blank with a red highlight.

The index and product_info.php pages work well.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks again,

Alexandra

I made the changes in the admin section trying to add the default title but it still doesn't work. The title in IE7 is the url and in Mozilla Firefox there is no title displayed.

In the admin section when I select view result for the allprods.php the section is blank and red highlight.

Try typing something in the title box in Page Control for all prioducts and save it. If the title still doesn't show up on the page, then it is probably a problem in the allprods.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to fix the path problem before you can continue. That's not something that can be handled in this thread though. You should post it in the general support forum. For the commented out code, it means the code was installed twice.

Jack

I don't understand. I don't have this path problem with any other page but header tags. Why would I need to go to the general support forum with it?

I guess I don't get the concept.

Try typing something in the title box in Page Control for all prioducts and save it. If the title still doesn't show up on the page, then it is probably a problem in the allprods.php file.

Jack

Hi Jack,

I did and nothing changed.

I uploaded the allprods.php file again from the V.4.4 package. I edited to exclude the out of stock items and replaced the code that you told me to to

<td><h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1></td>

Do you want me to post the code for the allprods.php file?

Thank you again,

Alexandra

hi jack,

Do you figure out how to set unique category meta tags?

On current version each category meta tags includes index meta.

I have searched on google,total forums,addons but got no thread to solve this problem.

I have seen that very many people have the same need as me,hope you can figure out asap :)

Thanks again!

I don't understand. I don't have this path problem with any other page but header tags. Why would I need to go to the general support forum with it?

I guess I don't get the concept.

The code in Header Tags loads in files based on the configure settings of your shop. I suppose there could be a problem with that code that is reading the location in incorrectly, but no one else has reported such a problem so it is unlikely. That means the problem is most likely with your setup. Not all parts of your admin, probably a few at most, depending upon the changes you have made, will call in files like Header Tags, so you may only see the failure with Header Tags, but that doesn't mean that is where the problem is located.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I did and nothing changed.

I uploaded the allprods.php file again from the V.4.4 package. I edited to exclude the out of stock items and replaced the code that you told me to to

<td><h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1></td>

Do you want me to post the code for the allprods.php file?

Thank you again,

Alexandra

Please post the code but only up to </head>.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi jack,

Do you figure out how to set unique category meta tags?

On current version each category meta tags includes index meta.

I have searched on google,total forums,addons but got no thread to solve this problem.

I have seen that very many people have the same need as me,hope you can figure out asap :)

Thanks again!

Yes, it has been fixed and will appear in the next version, which will be uploaded soon.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, it has been fixed and will appear in the next version, which will be uploaded soon.

Jack

Will the new version solve my problem? At the moment on my products it states:

Home :: Mysite.com :: Small Description :: Catagory - Windows Internet Explorer

When I got through to my product, it goes back to the index.php meta, without any catagory, manufacturer or product:

Home :: Mysite.com :: Small Description - Windows Internet Explorer

Please post the code but only up to </head>.

Jack

Ok Thanks. Here it is.

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_ALLPRODS);

$breadcrumb->add(HEADING_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS, '', 'NONSSL'));

$firstletter=$HTTP_GET_VARS['fl'];

if (!$HTTP_GET_VARS['page']){

$where="where pd.products_name like '$firstletter%' and p.products_status = '1'";

}else {

$where="where pd.products_name like '$firstletter%' and p.products_status = '1'";

}

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<?php

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v2.55

// Replaced by header_tags.php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE ?></title>

<?php

}

// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

?>

<base href="<?php echo (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on' ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

Regards,

Alexandra

See page seven of this thread for a fix for that.

Jack

This fix is already applied in the files I downloaded, however the timeout continues, so that doesn't seem to have fixed it for everyone. At least not for me.

Well, I ended up having to change the header_tags.php in the functions folder to 777 and everything cleared up. I'm going to have to fix that problem with my hosts because I just can't live with that, but anyway, it seems to be all working on my testbed, no more timeouts or anything. I'll move it to my live site late tonight.

Thanks Jack for a great contribution!

PS: Do the two header_tag files have to stay 755?

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v2.55

// Replaced by header_tags.php

} else {

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE ?></title>

<?php

}

// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

That should work but there is code in this contribution that checks that so it might be worth a try to replace the above with

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
} else {
?>
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

You cpuld also look in the includes/header_tags.php file and see if there is an entry for the allprods page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Well, I ended up having to change the header_tags.php in the functions folder to 777 and everything cleared up. I'm going to have to fix that problem with my hosts because I just can't live with that, but anyway, it seems to be all working on my testbed, no more timeouts or anything. I'll move it to my live site late tonight.

Thanks Jack for a great contribution!

PS: Do the two header_tag files have to stay 755?

The only one that should have to be 755 is the includes/header_tags.php file. It may have to be 777 if your host requires that. Set them to whatever your images directory is set to. There's no reason why you need to worry about what they are set to though. It isn't a security problem, assuming that is what you are thinking.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

When I run the headertags_seo_install.php script, I get the following error.

1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'configuration_id' at row 1

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function) VALUES ('','Automatically Add New Pages', 'HEADER_TAGS_AUTO_ADD_PAGES', 'true', 'Adds any new pages when Page Control is accessed

(true=on false=off)', '20', '3', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL)

I am using mysql5 and have seen that users have recommended turning of mysql strict-mode by doing this.

SET @@global.sql_mode='MYSQL40'

Is this the correct approach?

Thanks!

Hi,

When I run the headertags_seo_install.php script, I get the following error.

1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'configuration_id' at row 1

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function) VALUES ('','Automatically Add New Pages', 'HEADER_TAGS_AUTO_ADD_PAGES', 'true', 'Adds any new pages when Page Control is accessed

(true=on false=off)', '20', '3', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL)

I am using mysql5 and have seen that users have recommended turning of mysql strict-mode by doing this.

SET @@global.sql_mode='MYSQL40'

Is this the correct approach?

Thanks!

Yes, that's correct. You can also set the confiuration id in the sql but you will probably run into other problems later on so it is probably better to turn that option off.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That should work but there is code in this contribution that checks that so it might be worth a try to replace the above with
/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
} else {
?>
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

You cpuld also look in the includes/header_tags.php file and see if there is an entry for the allprods page.

Jack

Hi Jack,

I made the changes as above. I tried turning the all prods on and off in the admin/configuration but the title remains the url.

In includes/header_tags.php file there is this

// allprods.php

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_ALLPRODS) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_ALLPRODS)):

$header_tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(FILENAME_ALLPRODS);

break;

Thanks again,

Alexandra

Hi Jack,

I made the changes as above. I tried turning the all prods on and off in the admin/configuration but the title remains the url.

In includes/header_tags.php file there is this

// allprods.php

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_ALLPRODS) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_ALLPRODS)):

break;

Thanks again,

Alexandra

Try changing the above to
echo 'Title '. $header_tags_array['title'];

Save it and refesh your browser. What is displayed on the all products page when you click on it?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for a great Contribution !

Quick question.... I installed this all. Wow lots of code to change (for a php/osc) noob.

All looks like it working nicely, but.... When i try and add a new sub category, as ive chosed a name and tags ect and click save.

The next page expands all my products and categories, but it doesnt create the new subcategory.

Also tried creating new category (not just sub-category) and it does the same.

Im not getting any errors. I can create new Products whithin existing categories.

Any ideas?

Edited by AfricaPC

Try changing the above to
echo 'Title '. $header_tags_array['title'];

Save it and refesh your browser. What is displayed on the all products page when you click on it?

Jack

Hi Jack,

I made the change but the title is still displayed as an url in IE and no title in Mozilla.

The all products page works in the sense that all my products are displayed in alphabetical order with their images. There is no problem there from what I see.

on the admin side, the page control for allprods, no matter what I type in as a title, description, keyword and include default title with the sort number the view result comes out blank with red highlight.

I don't know what else to try.

Thanks again,

Alexandra

Hi Jacks I have installed the Header tags up to all change to install catalog level but have not done the admin side yet becuase I have a few issues.

1) If you click on a category from the menu I get a page with no list of items.

2) The only way that I can view a product is by clicking on an item on the main page that exists in "what new for this month" box.

3) Also all the top right corner page category info images get distorted.

4) Click menu item -> see blank list of item -> also see no "whats new for this month box"

I have put back a backup of index.php and everything goes back to normal except that obviously I cannot use header tags fully yet.

Please advise on what to do here and what information you require.

Thank You

TMM

Whats the point of a signature?