• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

What are the permissions settings on the images directory? Have you checked the settings using your hosts filemanager? Some hosts won't allow changing them from an ftp program.

Jack

Permissions setting on the images directory: 777 using my ftp program. I havent checked the setting using my host's filemanager. Is this different to my CPanel? Should I ask my host about this?

Edited by dgriff

Permissions setting on the images directory: 777 using my ftp program. I havent checked the setting using my host's filemanager. Is this different to my CPanel? Should I ask my host about this?
What does the warning at the top of page control say regarding permissions (you may have to enable that option in admin->Configuration->My Store if it isn't showing)?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

What does the warning at the top of page control say regarding permissions (you may have to enable that option in admin->Configuration->My Store if it isn't showing)?

Jack

This is the warning:

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/homeland/public_html/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 620

Cannot change the mode of file (/home/homeland/public_html/includes/header_tags.php) Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 4 items with missing meta tag information.

Permissions settings for the /home/homeland/public_html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755

This is the warning:

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/homeland/public_html/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 620

Cannot change the mode of file (/home/homeland/public_html/includes/header_tags.php) Found Missing Tags:

Permissions settings for the /home/homeland/public_html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755

The permissions should be set to the same as your images directory.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

There was a mistake made in the product_info.php changes, assuming it worked beforehand. You need to reload your original file and try the changes again, one at a time, to find the mistake.

Jack

Jack, Thank you, it is working now. Thank you for your contribution. Do you have any suggestion for STS add on that would fit with the new version of HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.4_1_2.? See list below. Thanks Pam

Contributions lists from Oscommerce

STS4 Power Pack 2.2 16 Feb 2008

STS MEGA POWER PACK ++ 2.2 14 Aug 2007

STS PLUS 2.2 10 Aug 2007

tablelessCSS_osc 2.2 23 Aug 2006

sts.templatev1-hosting 2.2 30 Nov 2005

sts.template-christmas theme 2.2 23 Nov 2005

Fancy Product Info 2.2 27 Aug 2005

HTML template for the BTS 2.2 3 May 2005

Basic Template Structure v0.9 2.2 18 Apr 2005

STS-for-the-BTS 2.2 14 Apr 2005

Simple Template System (STS) 1.0 2.2 10 Mar 2005

Simple Template System Left/Right Column Infobox Wrapper 2.2 1 Jul 2004

Basic Oscommerce Template 2.2 9 Mar 2004

SEC & STS working together 2.2 27 Dec 2003

Jack, Thank you, it is working now. Thank you for your contribution. Do you have any suggestion for STS add on that would fit with the new version of HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.4_1_2.? See list below. Thanks Pam
You should ask in the STS support thread.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The permissions should be set to the same as your images directory.

Jack

THanks Jack.

Now the only warning is this:

Found Missing Tags:

Any suggestions?

Thanks

THanks Jack.

Now the only warning is this:

Found Missing Tags:

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Use the option in fill tags to find them.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You need to have the latest version installed. Then go to fill tags, click on the missing tags checkbox and update. The output will give you an id of the missing item. I'm going to change that to a link but for now you need to look them up manually.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks, I installed perfectly and it worked great.

Then I added a category tree and my breadcrumbs don't work on the new tree.. but still work on the old.

New tree is sports. Old is tools.

Please see www.bluebuyers.com and suggest ways for me to fix it. Is this a common problem? I'm a bit of an oscommerce newbie.

Thanks,

Al

Hi Jack,

With the 2 Jun update, we started to get osc category names rendered in front of product tags (in Titles), whether or not we wanted them.. The following is how we fixed it, to work as per the older HTC contribution. This title change may be as intended, but we needed to keep our sites working the same as prior.

header_tags line 80

if($pageTags['append_category'] == 1) {
	$catStr = "select c.categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where c.categories_id = p2c.categories_id and p2c.products_id = '" . (int)$the_product_info['products_id'] . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'";
} else {
	$catStr = "select null as htc_title_tag;";
}
if($pageTags['append_manufacturer'] == 1) {
	$manStr = "select mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id  where m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$the_product_info['manufacturers_id'] . "' and mi.languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' LIMIT 1";
} else {
	$manStr = "select null as htc_title_tag";
}

All the best,

Pete and Ben - Helpwise.com.au

Edited by xmanflash

Thanks, I installed perfectly and it worked great.

Then I added a category tree and my breadcrumbs don't work on the new tree.. but still work on the old.

New tree is sports. Old is tools.

Please see www.bluebuyers.com and suggest ways for me to fix it. Is this a common problem? I'm a bit of an oscommerce newbie.

Thanks,

Al

I don't know what you mean by "added a category tree," but if Header Tags was working and you added some contribution and that caused it to fail, then the problem is with the other contribution, or so it would seem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi jack

is HeaderTags SEO compatible with Ultimate SEO URLs or should i remove the Ultimate URLs first?

does HeaderTags SEO effect the url?

thank you

Yes, it is. No, it doesn't.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Installed Header Tags SEO <<correctly>>

Getting this message:

Error Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 1 items with missing meta tag information.

Cleared all using Fill Tags, then chose to fill all and still getting above error.

Any suggestions.

Edited by carryG

Installed Header Tags SEO <<correctly>>

Getting this message:

Error Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 1 items with missing meta tag information.

Cleared all using Fill Tags, then chose to fill all and still getting above error.

Any suggestions.

Read the last few pages.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello jack,thanks for your add-on,it is great!

But I met a problem:

I have wrote meta tags for index.php on admin-header tags seo-page control,it works on homepages well.But this meta tags also work for each categories,I want each categories have its unique meta tags,and fill unique meta tags on admin-catalog,but at last the categories don't show unique meta tags,it still alway show index's meta tags.

For example:

I set index.php title as "aaa,aaa,aaa" on admin-header tags seo-page control ,and set unique title "bbb,bbb,bbb" for a category on admin-catalog,at last the title meta is still "aaa,aaa,aaa"

Can you fix this problem?

Edited by psdealer

Read the last few pages.

Jack

Hmm. I did that before posting here like a good girl. I just reread it again, something I am missing???

Nothing addresses the issue back to page 22, I have most current version and have re-read instructions.

Not being a n00b to this, I too was a little perplexed at the install instructions, update instructions, multiple directories as well - perhaps just tired and,

feeling n00bish

Edited by carryG

Hmm. I did that before posting here like a good girl. I just reread it again, something I am missing???

Nothing addresses the issue back to page 22, I have most current version and have re-read instructions.

Not being a n00b to this, I too was a little perplexed at the install instructions, update instructions, multiple directories as well - perhaps just tired and,

feeling n00bish

Take a good reast,I advise you go to the products to set unique meta tags.

But I met a problem:

I have wrote meta tags for index.php on admin-header tags seo-page control,it works on homepages well.But this meta tags also work for each categories,I want each categories have its unique meta tags,and fill unique meta tags on admin-catalog,but at last the categories don't show unique meta tags,it still alway show index's meta tags.

For example:

I set index.php title as "aaa,aaa,aaa" on admin-header tags seo-page control ,and set unique title "bbb,bbb,bbb" for a category on admin-catalog,at last the title meta is still "aaa,aaa,aaa"

It seem like It fail to insert to database when I write unique meta in catalog,But I don't know how to fix it,anyone can help?

But I met a problem:

For example:

That's how it currently works but I'll look into changing that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

feeling n00bish

So what happened when you went to fill tags and clicked on the show missing tags checkbox?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's how it currently works but I'll look into changing that.

Jack

Thank you jack!

It will be very good if can write unique meta tags for categories.

And I notice there is a site www.omarskicks.com,it do have unique meta tags for each category,I don't know how it does that.But I'm sure this site have installed header tags seo or header tags controller,hope you can take a look at it.

Thanks again,so many people get great help from you.

Jack

How are you!? I'm enjoying your contribution, thanks for your hard work.

I have a question - perhaps I'm missing something here - but I can't seem to get the social bookmarks to display. Is there something more I am supposed to do, other than enable them in admin? I couldn't see any documentation for their use.

I am using the latest version of STS.

TIA

Kind regards

SSNB