• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi Jack,

I installed STS and catalog parts of HTC SEO 3.01.

I read in instruction that before doing admin part I should have "New Home Page Title" for my index page.

I don't have it, it shows my domain name on a title as usual. I checked default (english) language ID and it is 1, as it should be. Should I go ahead and install admin part and see what happeneds or probably you can tell me what to look for.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

Hi Jack or others who can help me.

I have the same problem as Mike above.. just i did not install STS.

I runed the sql. file in my database first and I made the changes as written in the Install_Catalog.txt.

Now I have this problem and do not dare to continue... :rolleyes: with the admin part...

In the install_readme_first it says:

3 - If you see the "New Home Page Title" title, then install the admin part of

the contribution by following the steps in the Install_Admin file.

Where exactly is it that I can see this "New home page Title"? When I go to my firstwebpage it says in the adress:

http://simonesmor.se/index.php

Is that rong?

I checked my default langues id in my database, and it was '5'.. is it in the database I should change it to 1? Becaurse I tried that, and nothing changed.

Hope you can help me..

(sorry for my bad english, it is a bit rusty ;-))

Sincerly

Christina

Hi Jack or others who can help me.

I have the same problem as Mike above.. just i did not install STS.

I runed the sql. file in my database first and I made the changes as written in the Install_Catalog.txt.

Now I have this problem and do not dare to continue... :rolleyes: with the admin part...

Where exactly is it that I can see this "New home page Title"? When I go to my firstwebpage it says in the adress:

I checked my default langues id in my database, and it was '5'.. is it in the database I should change it to 1? Becaurse I tried that, and nothing changed.

It won't hurt anything to install the admin part if the shop side isn't working. It just might make it a little more difficult to troubleshoot.

The title should appear in the web browsers title (very top of your screen).

It doesn't matter what the language ID is. There is code in the contribution to check that.

Try turning STS off and see if the title shows up. If so, then you've probably made a mistake in the STS changes. If not, then there is a mistake in the regular install.

Jack

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Try turning STS off and see if the title shows up. If so, then you've probably made a mistake in the STS changes. If not, then there is a mistake in the regular install.

Jack

Jack

Thank you for your fast reply.. nice :-)

I do not have STS installed.. Or did I missunderstand... STS isn't that a contribut "Simple Template System"?

So, I did perhaps make a mistake whith the install?.. thought I was so carefull.. hmm, I will run throw the install again :blink: <_<

I missed the part where you said you didn't have STS installed. Does the new title show up on the product_info page? If yes, then a mistake was made with the index.php changes. If no, then try replacing the includes/header_tags.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I missed the part where you said you didn't have STS installed. Does the new title show up on the product_info page? If yes, then a mistake was made with the index.php changes. If no, then try replacing the includes/header_tags.php file.

Jack

Hi Jack

The new title does not show up on the product_info page either..

I uploaded all the files again.. and remade the changes in the files following your instructions.. but no change :-(

I see that there is a map called Database files.. I have runed the sql in my php database.. but should I do something else with the other files? I think here about the headertags_seo_install.php?

What could be rong?

Sincerly Christina

Hi,

When I try to edit one of my manufacturers, I get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_manufacturer_htc_title() in /.../admin/manufacturers.php on line 258

Line 258 looks like this:

257.	       /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
258.	        $manufacturer_htc_title_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('manufacturers_htc_title_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', tep_get_manufacturer_htc_title($mInfo->manufacturers_id, $languages[$i]['id']));

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

/Johanna

Hi again

Hmm, now I can't even log on to my admin site. I get this message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_products_head_title_tag() (previously declared in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/123638/webspace/httpdocs/admin/includes/functions/general.php:519) in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/123638/webspace/httpdocs/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1385

Line 519:

516.	    return $product['products_description'];
517.	  }
519.	  function tep_get_products_head_title_tag($product_id, $language_id) {
521.	   $product_query = tep_db_query("select products_head_title_tag from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . $product_id . "' and language_id = '" . $language_id . "'");
523.	   $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);
{

Line 1385:

1381.	    return $category['categories_htc_description'];
1382.	  }
1385.	  function tep_get_products_head_title_tag($product_id, $language_id) {
1386.	    $product_query = tep_db_query("select products_head_title_tag from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
1387.	    $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

Should I delete one of them or is it something else I should change?

/Johanna

Sorry to be completely stupid but does this contrib allow custom meta tags for individual manufacturers and products?

Andy

Yes, it does.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

The new title does not show up on the product_info page either..

I uploaded all the files again.. and remade the changes in the files following your instructions.. but no change :-(

I see that there is a map called Database files.. I have runed the sql in my php database.. but should I do something else with the other files? I think here about the headertags_seo_install.php?

What could be rong?

Sincerly Christina

The way the basic code works is that the includes/header_tags.php file is loaded by the code in the head section of the index.php file. And the includes/header_tags.php reads in the database to get the data to display. So if you have those three things in place (code in head section of index.php, includes/header_tags.php and database updated with headertags_seo_install.php, or sql) then it should work. Try this. Around line 49 of the includes file, find this line
FillHeaderTagsArray($header_tags_array, $sortOrder);

After the line (and before the break which follows it), add this line

echo 'title '.$header_tags_array['title'];

Upload and refresh your home page. Do you see anything printed near the top of the page?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi again

Hmm, now I can't even log on to my admin site. I get this message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_products_head_title_tag() (previously declared in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/123638/webspace/httpdocs/admin/includes/functions/general.php:519) in /usr/local/pem/vhosts/123638/webspace/httpdocs/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1385

You need to make the required changes to the admin/includes/functions/general.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You need to make the required changes to the admin/includes/functions/general.php file.

Jack

Do you meen the changes from the Install_Admin.txt? In that case, it was when I added that code that I started having this problem...

/Johanna

The way the basic code works is that the includes/header_tags.php file is loaded by the code in the head section of the index.php file. And the includes/header_tags.php reads in the database to get the data to display. So if you have those three things in place (code in head section of index.php, includes/header_tags.php and database updated with headertags_seo_install.php, or sql) then it should work. Try this. Around line 49 of the includes file, find this line
FillHeaderTagsArray($header_tags_array, $sortOrder);

After the line (and before the break which follows it), add this line

echo 'title '.$header_tags_array['title'];

Upload and refresh your home page. Do you see anything printed near the top of the page?

Jack

Yes I see the word 'title' on the top left corner..

Hi Jack, I really like this contrib of yours!

One question...

When viewing the products_info page, I have the text "Currently Viewing" at the bottom, but no text after it.

I have checked and re-checked the source mods, and they are correct according to your install instructions.

If I view the HTML source for the page, i see this:

<td class="smallText" align="center">Currently viewing: 

<a title="" href="http://mysite.com/product_info.php?products_id=28/# "></a></td>

As you can see, the title tag is empty, along with the link.

I am wondering if this is to do with the database install, as it did have an error.

If it is to do with the database, is there a way I can check if everything is there properly?

Regards, Owen.

Bill - any idea on the cause of the "currently viewing:" problem mentioned on the last page? I'm not sure when I will get to it but maybe you can see something obvious.

Jack

Jack, isn't that link the same link that is produced as the breadcrumb? If that is the case, STS users would simply add $breadcrumbs to thier product template to get the product link.

Hi Jack (and Bill),

I've been playing around with the problem I mentioned a few pages back (the "Currently viewing:" code from Header tags SEO)...

I've changed the following code to the "header_tags_social_bookmarks.php" file (the first 10 lines) before the actual social bookmarks images:

<?php
$NAME = $product_info['products_name'];
$TITLE = urlencode($product_info['products_name']);
$PROD = $_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"];
$URL = urlencode("http://" . $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"] . $_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]);
?>
<tr>
<td align="right"><table border="0">
 <tr>
 <td style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: smaller;">Add <a href="<?php echo $PROD ?>"><?php echo $NAME ?></a> to:</td>

In addition to my last post... (which got submitted when it shoudn't have)...

The following code will take care of the STS and Header Tags SEO problem for the "Currently viewing:" code:

<!--- BEGIN Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->
      <tr>
      <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     <td class="smallText" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_VIEWING; ?> 
	<?php
	$PROD = $_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"];
	?>
	<a href="<?php echo $PROD ?>"><?php echo $NAME ?></a>
	</td>
	</tr>
     <!--- END Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

This solved the problem for me. I hope it helps...

Regards, Owen.

Do you meen the changes from the Install_Admin.txt? In that case, it was when I added that code that I started having this problem...

/Johanna

Open the admin/includes/functions/general.php file and search for all instances of tep_get_products_head_title_tag. There should only be one. The same goes for the other functions that are causing an error.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes I see the word 'title' on the top left corner..
If all you see is "title," then the data is not being loaded from the database. You will need to check your database to make sure it is there. Look in the headertags table for an entry for index.php and see what the title shows.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

In addition to my last post... (which got submitted when it shoudn't have)...

The following code will take care of the STS and Header Tags SEO problem for the "Currently viewing:" code:

Thanks for posting a fix. However, it is not clear, to me at least, what it is. Please mention the files being changed as well as the lines of code.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If all you see is "title," then the data is not being loaded from the database. You will need to check your database to make sure it is there. Look in the headertags table for an entry for index.php and see what the title shows.

Jack

In my database in headertags/page_title/pagename/index.php.. the page title is 'New Home Page title'.. Is it that one you mean?

Before I installed the contribut, I runed the headertags_seo sql.file and it came out succesfull

then I (by grazy mistake, don't ask me why <_< ).. runed the headertags_seo_update sql.file, also.. there was an error in the database after the run..

Can I undo it?

The others in the same folder:

headertags_seo_uninstall.php

headertags_seo_install.php and.

headertags_seo_update.php I did not do anything about..

Sincerly

Christina

In my database in headertags/page_title/pagename/index.php.. the page title is 'New Home Page title'.. Is it that one you mean?

Before I installed the contribut, I runed the headertags_seo sql.file and it came out succesfull

then I (by grazy mistake, don't ask me why <_< ).. runed the headertags_seo_update sql.file, also.. there was an error in the database after the run..

Can I undo it?

The others in the same folder:

headertags_seo_uninstall.php

headertags_seo_install.php and.

headertags_seo_update.php I did not do anything about..

Sincerly

Christina

Upload the headertags_seo_uninstall.php file to your site and run it by going to http://yoursite.com.headertags_seo_uninstall.php, Then upload the headertags_seo_install.php and run it by doing the same. That will set the database to the correct state.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Upload the headertags_seo_uninstall.php file to your site and run it by going to http://yoursite.com.headertags_seo_uninstall.php, Then upload the headertags_seo_install.php and run it by doing the same. That will set the database to the correct state.

Jack

Hi Jack

I did that and it came out succesful.. thank you.

But.. :-( I still do not se the new title in my browser, when I go to my index page.. neither on the produkt infopage..

Can you still help me?

Christina

Hi Jack

I did that and it came out succesful.. thank you.

But.. :-( I still do not se the new title in my browser, when I go to my index page.. neither on the produkt infopage..

Can you still help me?

Christina

In the includes/header_tags.php file, change
	$pageTags = tep_db_fetch_array($pageTags_query);

to

echo 'DB '. $pageTags['page_title'];

Upload to your server and refresh your home page. What do you see displayed?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, that wouldn't work since other fields have to be changed too. I will post some code to clear that today or tomorrow.

Jack

is this somewhere on your TODO list?

In the includes/header_tags.php file, change

to

echo 'DB '. $pageTags['page_title'];

Upload to your server and refresh your home page. What do you see displayed?

Jack

I see DB in the top left corner?