• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hi Jack,

Great work on the new contribution, i used your old version before and it was perfect.

I do have one problem now though, i have installed osCommerce RC2a, but when i use all the files needed for the new store only, i lose my admin side, it just comes up with HTTP 404 Not Found.. It seems like a conflict somewhere but i don't have much of an idea about what it could be, do you know what it may be?

Thanks very much in advance.

SyCo

As mentioned previosuly in this thread, they are MS2 files. I will upload a new version with both but for now you have to make those changes manually.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I usually look over the thread before uploading to make sure I didn't miss anything before uploading a new version. That's not to say that all such options will be added though.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

okay i was trying to do this installl and i messed up sime where down the line...

can someone help me fix this...

page site is www.myshoponly.com

please. thank you

okay i was trying to do this installl and i messed up sime where down the line...

can someone help me fix this...

page site is www.myshoponly.com

please. thank you

sorry backed tracked and fixed it...

okay sorry again.. i finally just finished putting all the coding for this header tags add on.. i have a few errors can anyone help me out please.

once entering the store i have this error on the left upper hand side:

Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 23 in /home/myshopon/public_html/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 23

Dear jack,

Thank you for your great tags controller.

I have a weird problem with it and can not find out what wend wrong,...........

All seems to work well,.............. only in all product pages there are two description and two key tags,........ both seems to be build from this modul,.......

Index and categorie is ok.............

Ok here an example,........

<head>

<title>categorie title - product title</title>

<meta name="Description" content=" product title" />

<meta name="Keywords" content=" product title" />

<meta name="googlebot" content="all" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-US" />

<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />

<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

<meta name="keywords" content="shop name, product title, , ">

<meta name="description" content="complete product description">

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

This double key is not the biggest problem,...... although it is not right I think,............... but the fact that full description now is placed second,............. google shall not read it I guess.

Both double tags are a little differend,......... I also believe they all tags are build by this controller,......

Any idea where I build something wrong ?........ maybe I made some stupid mistake,...... if I only knew what and in what file,...

Thank you for your good work in advance

Best regard,... Henk,......From sunny holland (on the moment)

okay sorry again.. i finally just finished putting all the coding for this header tags add on.. i have a few errors can anyone help me out please.

once entering the store i have this error on the left upper hand side:

Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 23 in /home/myshopon/public_html/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 23

It means you made a mistake when making the change to the column_left file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

<head>

<title>categorie title - product title</title>

<meta name="Description" content=" product title" />

<meta name="Keywords" content=" product title" />

<meta name="googlebot" content="all" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-US" />

<meta name="robots" content="noodp" />

<meta name="slurp" content="noydir" />

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<!-- EOF: Header Tags SEO Generated Meta Tags -->

<meta name="keywords" content="shop name, product title, , ">

<meta name="description" content="complete product description">

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

The second set is probably hard-coded into the file. Check the <head> section of that file and make sure that code is not in there and that there isn't any code that might load it in.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

Thanks so much for a fantastic contribution! I had your Header Tags Controller V2.5.9.1 installed, and found it really good. So I thought I would uninstall that one, and install your new one.

So I uninstalled the old one completely... took me a while :)... and then installed the new one, but I'm now having troubles. It appears to have installed correctly, but when you go into a category, or select a manufacturer, you don't get the list of products like you should, it's just blank. You can see what I mean at www.cottonbottom.com.au/shop and just click on any category or select any manufacturer.

I'm sure I've just made a dumb mistake somewhere during the installation, but could you possibly point me in the right direction?

Thanks again for such a fantastic contribution!

Jessica.

I've had to revert back to a backup because I really can't get this working... (so you can't see it at my site anymore like I said above)... It seems to have installed ok, but then no products come up when you select a category or manufacturer. I have checked and checked my code modifications, and I just can't work it out. Any advice would be incredibly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jessica.

Hi Jack,

I am not sure from where is this appearing..

This is how my meta tags show up -

<title>_p_ Buy Generic Drugs Online _/p_</title>

Same is for Keywords and Description - I don't understand from where is the _p_ and _/p_ appearing..

Please let me know which files to be modified..

Regards,

I've had to revert back to a backup because I really can't get this working... (so you can't see it at my site anymore like I said above)... It seems to have installed ok, but then no products come up when you select a category or manufacturer. I have checked and checked my code modifications, and I just can't work it out. Any advice would be incredibly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jessica.

By "no products come up," do you mean the page is blank? If products are not being shown on the product_info page, then a coding mistake was probably made on that page otherwise it would be on the index page. That's assuming that you replaced your includes/header_tags.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I am not sure from where is this appearing..

This is how my meta tags show up -

<title>_p_ Buy Generic Drugs Online _/p_</title>

Same is for Keywords and Description - I don't understand from where is the _p_ and _/p_ appearing..

Please let me know which files to be modified..

Regards,

Your original product title must have had those tags in it although the Header Tags code should have stripped it. If you goto a products edit page, you can see the title and tags for each product and maybe find the problem. You might want to try running Fill Tags again.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

after installing everything i hought all was good intill now i have

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_category_htc_title() in /home/myshopon/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 1038

while trying to edit the Categories / Products can anyone help me with this....

thank you

I accidentally posted this in the general discussion area and hence no one probably knows what I'm talking about.

I have one file in which the header tags will only show the default information although the tag information is in the database.

While saving the information, I do get one error.

Missing sort orders are not allowed -> college_shorts.php

Any idea why this could be occurring?

I'm not familiar with any sort order requirements.

Best Regards,

HD

after installing everything i hought all was good intill now i have

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_category_htc_title() in /home/myshopon/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 1038

while trying to edit the Categories / Products can anyone help me with this....

thank you

See the install instructions for admin/includes/functions/general.php.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I accidentally posted this in the general discussion area and hence no one probably knows what I'm talking about.

I have one file in which the header tags will only show the default information although the tag information is in the database.

While saving the information, I do get one error.

Missing sort orders are not allowed -> college_shorts.php

Any idea why this could be occurring?

I'm not familiar with any sort order requirements.

Best Regards,

HD

It means you checked one of the checkboxes to be included (like default title) and didn't fill in the sort order field beside it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It means you checked one of the checkboxes to be included (like default title) and didn't fill in the sort order field beside it.

Jack

thanks for the feedback Jack. I think I started selecting the various options when the corresponding header tag information for the page did not appear. I have unchecked all options and now I receive the default page header info rather than what I have entered. The original 'missing sort order' message has disappeared; however, the header information still doesn't appear. Any thoughts?

Best Regards,

HD

thanks for the feedback Jack. I think I started selecting the various options when the corresponding header tag information for the page did not appear. I have unchecked all options and now I receive the default page header info rather than what I have entered. The original 'missing sort order' message has disappeared; however, the header information still doesn't appear. Any thoughts?

Best Regards,

HD

What do you mean by header information and where is it missing from?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This is the support thread for the new Header Tags SEO contribution. It is based on the Header Tags Controller but is not compatible.

Jack

Hi Jack

Thanks for your hard work on this.

I have a problem (a tleast I think I do!)

I am running STS V 4.5.8

I have updated my database

I have installed the STS file

I have uploaded all the new files

I have made the changes to the exisiting files

I have changed the link in the admin>modules>sts

It seems to be working ok. I can still see all of my product info and headings and the actual page heading is now displaying the category.

However, in osc admin, I can only see the Header Tags SEO - but there is nothing below it..... I looked at your screen shots and the Fill page is nowhere to be seen!

I've reinstalled the Admin files for HTC but still the same.

Any ideas ? (how can I attach a screen shot of my page)

Sol

www.boomclothing.com

I am running a fresh install, when importing the database files in step 1 do I import both the original and the updated database file or just the updated one? When I installed the original database file I got success but now when Im installing the update one also I get this error

Warning: mysql_fetch_field(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/m/r/s/mrserv0n/html/includes/functions/database.php on line 121

1062 - Duplicate entry '20' for key 1

INSERT INTO configuration_group (configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order) VALUES ('20', 'Header Tags SEO', 'Header Tags SEO site wide options', '20')

[TEP STOP]

Just wondering if I should uninstall the original database install file and just use the update?

Hi Jack

Thanks for your hard work on this.

I have a problem (a tleast I think I do!)

I am running STS V 4.5.8

I have updated my database

I have installed the STS file

I have uploaded all the new files

I have made the changes to the exisiting files

I have changed the link in the admin>modules>sts

It seems to be working ok. I can still see all of my product info and headings and the actual page heading is now displaying the category.

However, in osc admin, I can only see the Header Tags SEO - but there is nothing below it..... I looked at your screen shots and the Fill page is nowhere to be seen!

I've reinstalled the Admin files for HTC but still the same.

Any ideas ? (how can I attach a screen shot of my page)

Sol

www.boomclothing.com

OU OH! my bad! I didn't even see the install instructions for the admin until I had already written this..... sorry

(maybe a good idea to add a line at the bottom of install.catalogue.txt "now go to admin install txt")

Just wondering if I should uninstall the original database install file and just use the update?
No, you only need to run the one, as per the instructions. The update is for shops with it already installled.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

OU OH! my bad! I didn't even see the install instructions for the admin until I had already written this..... sorry

(maybe a good idea to add a line at the bottom of install.catalogue.txt "now go to admin install txt")

The instructions to do that are already in the Install_ReadMe_First.txt file. Adding redundant instructions may help but if a person isn't going to follow the ones there now, I doubt they will follow extra ones.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons