• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Great contrib, everything seems to be working great except for one issue, hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

Shop is running RC2a and sts 4.5.8 with header tags seo

When I go to view the page for specific a product the left colom boxes(search tell a friend etc.) are now located center page below the product listing, only happens on product pages, catagory pages are not affected.

Guessing the problem is in product_info.php but not sure.

That's probably due to a mistake in how the code was added (before a </tr> when it should have been after, or something like that). You should back out the code in the product_info file and install the changes one at a time to isolate the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack

It looks correct, I did find a previous post from michael1981 and added the code after the below sample where he mentioned and its back to normal and working correctly.

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

Edited by sitefire

Yes, that is the problem (or, at least, the reason). I checked the test STS install I have here and it is missing that text. I don't see anything obvious wrong with it but I'm not that familiar with STS. You may want to see if there has been any updated files for STS regarding this or ask in the STS support thread for help. I will work on the problem but it won't be anywhere near soon, I'm afraid.

Jack

Thanks Jack, at least I now know it was not from something I had done or done wrong.

I will post at the STS forum and see if they know how to solve it, and if there is an answer I will post back here.

Regards, Owen.

Thanks Jack, at least I now know it was not from something I had done or done wrong.

I will post at the STS forum and see if they know how to solve it, and if there is an answer I will post back here.

Regards, Owen.

Further to this problem...

While the "currently viewing:" code doesn't doesn't seem to work with STS (4.5.8), it also screws up the page view in Internet Explorer when using STS.

I have disabled it for now, until a fix is available...

Regards, Owen.

Hi Jack

Is there a way of adding the product number to the header tags?

So that my my title and desciption shows product name, Category, product number?

And then in the keywords having the prodcut name product number and catogary and price with some of the product desctpiton?

Its ony the title and description that I need to add the model number to the tags.

Sim

Edited by simaster99

Hi Jack

Is there a way of adding the product number to the header tags?

So that my my title and desciption shows product name, Category, product number?

And then in the keywords having the prodcut name product number and catogary and price with some of the product desctpiton?

Its ony the title and description that I need to add the model number to the tags.

Sim

The code isn't setup to handle that but you can try the following change. I haven't tested it but I think it will work. In includes/header_tags.php, change this code in the product_info section
$the_product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id,

to this

$the_product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_model,

Then, in that same section, change

FillHeaderTagsArray($header_tags_array, $sortOrder);  

break;

to

$header_tags_array['title'] .= HEADER_TAGS_SEPARATOR_DESCRIPTION . $pageTags['products_model']; 
break;

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm getting a permission error.

Error Permissions settings for the /home/wheels/public_html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755

Not sure why cause I have changed the file permission to 755. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Blaine

The code isn't setup to handle that but you can try the following change. I haven't tested it but I think it will work. In includes/header_tags.php, change this code in the product_info section
$the_product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id,

to this

$the_product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, p.products_model,

Then, in that same section, change

break;

to

$header_tags_array['title'] .= HEADER_TAGS_SEPARATOR_DESCRIPTION . $pageTags['products_model']; 
break;

Jack

Thanks Jack, does that apply to any of the db queries like price etc?

Great Contribution!

I have just installed it and have a few questions. The product titles all come out with 'products new home' in front of them. Is that an SEO trick or can I delete that phrase from the code? Also I have followed the instructions for 'how to operate' but my products keywords meta all come out as "keywords1,keywords2" then the title of the product. Also even though I have clicked 'fill all tags' in the fill tags section of admin, when I go to page control I get this error "Found Missing Tags: Products table has 156 items with missing meta tag information.Categories table has 10 items with missing meta tag information.".

Ben.

I'm getting a permission error.

Error Permissions settings for the /home/wheels/public_html/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755

Not sure why cause I have changed the file permission to 755. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Blaine

If you are on a Windows server, you need to disable that checking in the settings. If not, then try setting them to the same as the images directory.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack, does that apply to any of the db queries like price etc?
As long as it is part of the products or products description table.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Great Contribution!

I have just installed it and have a few questions. The product titles all come out with 'products new home' in front of them. Is that an SEO trick or can I delete that phrase from the code? Also I have followed the instructions for 'how to operate' but my products keywords meta all come out as "keywords1,keywords2" then the title of the product. Also even though I have clicked 'fill all tags' in the fill tags section of admin, when I go to page control I get this error "Found Missing Tags: Products table has 156 items with missing meta tag information.Categories table has 10 items with missing meta tag information.".

Ben.

The "products new home" is just a title added to show it is working. You have to edit the product_info.php entry in Page Control to change that. For the missing tags, it usually means there wasn't anything for Header Tags to use to fill in the tags. You need to track down the product with the missing tags to see what the problem is.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

This is my problem when I press on header tags seo in the admin:

failed to open dir: Permission denied in admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 15

Failed to open dir

Line 15 header_tags.php says: ($dir = opendir(DIR_FS_CATALOG)) || die("Failed to open dir<br>");

Anyone who (had) this problem?

Edited by markoven

Not sure if anyone else had this issue but I am using STS and I couldn't get the product names, descriptions, etc. to appear in the title bar of the page. You need to add ;headertags.php not only to the default but also to the following:

admin --> modules --> sts --> product into --> Files for normal template & Files for content template (they should read "sts_user_code.php;headertags.php" and "sts_user_code.php;product_info.php;headertags.php" respectively.

Can anyone else confirm that this is correct? It worked for me.

Thanks,

Blaine

Hi,

This is my problem when I press on header tags seo in the admin:

failed to open dir: Permission denied in admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 15

Failed to open dir

Line 15 header_tags.php says: ($dir = opendir(DIR_FS_CATALOG)) || die("Failed to open dir<br>");

Anyone who (had) this problem?

When there are capital letters in an error, DIR_FS_CATALOG, it almost always means there is a problem with the configure.php file. You should check to make sure that is defined.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Not sure if anyone else had this issue but I am using STS and I couldn't get the product names, descriptions, etc. to appear in the title bar of the page. You need to add ;headertags.php not only to the default but also to the following:

admin --> modules --> sts --> product into --> Files for normal template & Files for content template (they should read "sts_user_code.php;headertags.php" and "sts_user_code.php;product_info.php;headertags.php" respectively.

Can anyone else confirm that this is correct? It worked for me.

Thanks,

Blaine

Blaine,

Yes, this is required. The instructions on how to install HTCv2.6.3 (link in my signature below) has this pointed out. It would be the same for HTC SEO or any other included file from other contributions. It is a basic function of STS.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Bill - any idea on the cause of the "currently viewing:" problem mentioned on the last page? I'm not sure when I will get to it but maybe you can see something obvious.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Bill - any idea on the cause of the "currently viewing:" problem mentioned on the last page? I'm not sure when I will get to it but maybe you can see something obvious.

Jack

Jack, isn't that link the same link that is produced as the breadcrumb? If that is the case, STS users would simply add $breadcrumbs to thier product template to get the product link.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Jack, isn't that link the same link that is produced as the breadcrumb? If that is the case, STS users would simply add $breadcrumbs to thier product template to get the product link.
The text used in the link is the same but the link is different. The text is coming from the header_tags array, or should be. It is not being picked up on an STS page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

The names of my products are gone, the description and tags are still there. Url that is generated is -p-48.htm

Categories names are correct in the url (product name is not showing)

Could you help me?

Hi!

I have a big problem with the contrib Header Tags SEO V3.0.1

This is what happen when i go to edit a product in admin:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_products_head_title_tag() in /usr/home/web29892/domains/customfit.eu/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 1025

and here is the line:

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_title_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_head_title_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

please can someone help me

regards Tony

Edited by El_Heso

Hi Jack,

Great work on the new contribution, i used your old version before and it was perfect.

I do have one problem now though, i have installed osCommerce RC2a, but when i use all the files needed for the new store only, i lose my admin side, it just comes up with HTTP 404 Not Found.. It seems like a conflict somewhere but i don't have much of an idea about what it could be, do you know what it may be?

Thanks very much in advance.

SyCo