• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

auction 2.0.2 beta help

rashawn13

i have installed the files in cluded and nothing chaneges in my admin please help anyone

and tell me wat i can do to make it better

rashawn13

Please check the latest update, there was some missing files. Auctions 2.0.3 is current. there may still be some missing files/mods which I've left out, let me know if there's anything you pick up that's missing. If you want to test this contrib, check http://crazystu.com.au/512mb-sodimm-pc5300...ranty-p-97.html for a demo, note, I will not make you pay for any bids, just register and bid.

Dan

Please check the latest update, there was some missing files. Auctions 2.0.3 is current. there may still be some missing files/mods which I've left out, let me know if there's anything you pick up that's missing. If you want to test this contrib, check http://crazystu.com.au/512mb-sodimm-pc5300...ranty-p-97.html for a demo, note, I will not make you pay for any bids, just register and bid.

Dan

i have uploaded the files now wat should i do

i have uploaded the files now wat should i do

Open /admin/auctions.php and create or edit a product. The go to your store and tell me what happens. Make sure the directory /admin/includes/javascript exist along with all the files it contains.

Dan

Open /admin/auctions.php and create or edit a product. The go to your store and tell me what happens. Make sure the directory /admin/includes/javascript exist along with all the files it contains.

Dan

how should i add a product

how should i add a product

This from the install.txt file

VERY IMPORTANT : HERE'S HOW THIS WORKS

-------------IN THE ADMIN CONSOLE---------------

• Create a new folder in your admin console for Auction Products.

• Copy (not link) all products you wish to auction to that folder

• In you admin console click configuration->auction listing and set "end of auction - options" to 0 <---this only needs to be done once.

• Open the Auction admin section via Catalog ->Auction products

• Select and set up the product of which you've just copied to the "Auction products" folder (or whatever you called it)

• When the auction is finished, or someone places a higher bid than the last person an email will automatically be sent to the

winner/lower bidder(s) <--this may be a bug.

• You will need to make another copy of the product(s) EVERY time you wish to re-list the product(s).

This from the install.txt file

VERY IMPORTANT : HERE'S HOW THIS WORKS

-------------IN THE ADMIN CONSOLE---------------

• Create a new folder in your admin console for Auction Products.

• Copy (not link) all products you wish to auction to that folder

• In you admin console click configuration->auction listing and set "end of auction - options" to 0 <---this only needs to be done once.

• Open the Auction admin section via Catalog ->Auction products

• Select and set up the product of which you've just copied to the "Auction products" folder (or whatever you called it)

• When the auction is finished, or someone places a higher bid than the last person an email will automatically be sent to the

winner/lower bidder(s) <--this may be a bug.

• You will need to make another copy of the product(s) EVERY time you wish to re-list the product(s).

how to copy the product when there all in one php code

how to copy the product when there all in one php code

K its been a while since I had a virgin store, but go into you admin frontend and click on the catalog link on the left, now when you click on a product, do you have a copy option? If not, perhaps I've forgotten about a contribution I've added.

Basically, "Copy" is a button which should appear next to the "edit" button in your admin console.

Dan

K its been a while since I had a virgin store, but go into you admin frontend and click on the catalog link on the left, now when you click on a product, do you have a copy option? If not, perhaps I've forgotten about a contribution I've added.

Basically, "Copy" is a button which should appear next to the "edit" button in your admin console.

Dan

yes i do have that button now what should i do

but its the copy to button

Edited by rashawn13

yes i do have that button now what should i do

but its the copy to button

"Copy to" is fine, just follow the instructions above. - Create a new category called auctions, then disable it and copy any products you want to auction to that directory. Then go to categories - Auction Products and select the product you have copied to that directory and set up the auctions. _Note you may need to modify the name of the auction product so that you can tell it apart from the copied product.

Dan

it dosent give me an auction folder in my admin

If that is the case, then you have not installed the admin console correctly. There should be an option "Auction Products" under the catalog section of your admin, if not, read the install instructions carefully. The answer lies within.

No offence, but these are pretty simple problems you've got and as this is a BETA contrib, I think the level of expertise required to install this is a little over your head.

Good luck

Dan