• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping subtotal not displayed on confirmation

sackling

Hello all,

I have had my store set up for quite some time with this problem and would like to finally get it fixed. I have the canada post module installed. At the confirmation page it displays the the shipping method chosen by the customer however there is no subtotal showing how much that shipping costs. the amount is included correctly in the total at the end however. a second problem is that in the admin area it does not show the method chosen by the customer or the subtotal of the shipping. Is there any way I can add both of these? I have searched the forums but have found no mention of this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated as usual! thanks,

Rob

bump. Any ideas? is the shipping breakdown normally listed on confirmation?

Hi,

Have you figured this out yet? I do not have this module installed as I am in the US and I am not one of those oscommerce Gurus, but I just wondered if you try to use another shipping module as a test what shows up for you? If you turn on another shipping module that is there and go on your front end website as a test customer, does it produce the results you are looking for?

Try that and post back with your findings. Also, I wouldn't use the word "bump" as I do not think they like that. Just do another post asking the question another way. Another thing I just thought of is have you searched the thread under the Canada shipping module contribution that you installed to see if there is anyone else that has had this problem?

Hi thanks for the help and sorry for using a bump.

I tried another shipping module (table rate) and while it allowed me to select it on checkout_shipping and showed the method chosen at checkout_confirmation, it did not show the subtotal of the shipping. It still added the shipping cost to the grand total however. I have searched the canada post module forums as well but since this gave the same results im guessing it does not matter.

Hi thanks for the help and sorry for using a bump.

I tried another shipping module (table rate) and while it allowed me to select it on checkout_shipping and showed the method chosen at checkout_confirmation, it did not show the subtotal of the shipping. It still added the shipping cost to the grand total however. I have searched the canada post module forums as well but since this gave the same results im guessing it does not matter.

Have you made any changes to your checkout_confirmation.php file? If you have made any changes, I would suggest doing a file compare of the current checkout_confirmation.php file and the original one to see if there are any differences that would be the cause. Sorry I can't be of more direct help other then that.

Have you made any changes to your checkout_confirmation.php file? If you have made any changes, I would suggest doing a file compare of the current checkout_confirmation.php file and the original one to see if there are any differences that would be the cause. Sorry I can't be of more direct help other then that.

I tried uploading an untouched checkout_confirmation overwriting that one thinking that might be the case but the same thing happened. Im thinking there is something missing in the database maybe but Im not sure what I would need to add however or if that is even the case...

I tried uploading an untouched checkout_confirmation overwriting that one thinking that might be the case but the same thing happened. Im thinking there is something missing in the database maybe but Im not sure what I would need to add however or if that is even the case...

I just remembered something about certain payment modules like Paypal that use other files to bring up checkout screens besides the regular ones. Have you installed a Paypal payment module or any others?

I just remembered something about certain payment modules like Paypal that use other files to bring up checkout screens besides the regular ones. Have you installed a Paypal payment module or any others?

I have not installed any payment module, Just the regular credit card entry.

I did not mention that I am using Simple Template System (STS)...

Would this affect the display of shipping subtotal?

OK, now we may be on to something. I have not installed this STS upgrade, mainly because I have read so many instances of people having trouble with it effecting other contribs. I have so many other contribs now that I have been afraid it would totally break my store. Anyway, I can only suggest then to search the forums under the STS threads and post there if you can't find the answer.

Hope you find your answer. If I see anything helpful to your situation in my wanderings around for my answers, I will let you know.

Archived