• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Coding Help Needed For Printable Catalog

Hi All!

I really appreciate the nice comments about my first attempt at a contribution, thanks!

I received a request for even more functionality and I'm afraid the request is beyond my limited programming skills.

Hi,

Is there any way that we can get you to ad to your contribution the ability use admin to make the adjustments to the catalog printout? number of items per page the ability to link all pages to print out together, one header per catalog. And anthing else that would help the end user to adjust the Catalog....

Adding the ability to set the number of items per page in the admin I can probably do but linking all the pages together for printing? Or just one header? I don't even know where to start...Any volunteers???

Hi Kim,

Please remember that it is for printing, so why not collect all products in 1 category into 1 page, for every category a page?

I want to help, but my programming skills are also limited, sorry...

Anyway, I switched horse in the middle of the stream....I now have the query working the way I wanted AND have it splitting the pages. The contribution will be ready in a couple of days.

Coming Soon to a computer near you....a printable catalog with images, sorted by categories, with full descriptions, and split results pages.(from our other topic)

By the way, have you seen http://www.bird-e-toys.com/osc/catalog/pri...alog.php?page=1?

Or is it yours (looking at your nickname)?? :wink:

My collegue found this somewhere in this forum, but forgot where.

'Time is a social construction to make the transitoriness manageable'

OK......I took a look at using the Print Stylesheet. I don't belive that will solve the whole problem. First, it only works in IE4+. I tried it with NS7 and that's a no go. Second, in order to really have a good print format, the page break commands would have to be placed every Xnumber of lines and in order for that to put out a really nice catalog you would have to make sure that each product had the same number of lines so you weren't breaking the page in the middle of a description or picture.

What we really need to do this, is an e-book program written in php that will self-populate from the database. Then there would be a table of contents, links to the various sections, printable pages and the ability to add other printable information or an order form.

if you can also set up an "admin" page where the user can say; lets print category A, category C and category H.  Or whatever.  Or all of them.  Maybe in tickboxes ?
Nice... will you be doing this? 'cause there's no way i can program that...

I still don't see how to make a list of all the products from 1 category :!:

If this is made possible, i can make the printable catalog divided into categories, or even an TOC... This really is 'priority 1' (for me at least). How neatly the print goes, is more like 'priority 2'.

:xmas:

I still don't see how to make a list of all the products from 1 category

Oh, that part is easy......OSC already does that. Open you store, click a category, and then open the subcategory(if you have one) and there is a list of all the products in a particular category. The function for that is already written and everything.

Open you store, click a category, and then open the subcategory(if you have one) and there is a list of all the products in a particular category.
:lol: hahahah!

Yes, i know...

but eventually the print will have to go neatly with a particular lay-out, not with the menu's and everything.

After implementing and configuring the affiliate module, i'll try some more.

Not a bad idea though, just use the code that's called in a (sub)category...