• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bad Images problem

Yak39

Hi all,

I'm having troubles with osc's thumbnails.

Doesn't matter the picture i upload, doesn't matter the size or the setting in the "image" menu of osc's Admin panel. Still I'll get a crappy thumbnail which shows up like it is 100% Jpeg compressed, unscaled and almost gray-scale colored.

I've installed oscommerce on 4 sites and I've never had this problem. Can somebody help me out on this one?

I'm running On the Fly Thumbnailer, but the problem was still standing without having it activated.

Coopco,

thanks for the answer. I do have products addedo to my store.

Still even if i upload a picture or simply I use the default no-image thumbnail the result is still crappy. And i really do not understand why. It never happened to me.

Here's another example, this time with an image uploaded: http://www.libreriaportavenezia.biz/shop/p...products_id=232

Thank you again!

Coopco,

thanks for the answer. I do have products addedo to my store.

Still even if i upload a picture or simply I use the default no-image thumbnail the result is still crappy. And i really do not understand why. It never happened to me.

Here's another example, this time with an image uploaded: http://www.libreriaportavenezia.biz/shop/p...products_id=232

Thank you again!

Sorry, I can not see any products in ie6 or FF. The product link you gave gives me a product not found. I also cannot open any of your categories.

I think you have more than a problem with images. It is a problem with your template.

Sorry, I can not see any products in ie6 or FF. The product link you gave gives me a product not found. I also cannot open any of your categories.

I think you have more than a problem with images. It is a problem with your template.

are you kidding me? :lol:

I've just checked the link and it's fine to me!

here's a screenshot anyways:

screen.jpg

As you can see, under "77.00 EUR" you see the crappy thumbnail.

You see it stretched because I've tried to modify width and height in the admin image option, but the real problem is concerning that.....let's say amount of big pixel allover the picture!

As you can see, under "77.00 EUR" you see the crappy thumbnail.

You see it stretched because I've tried to modify width and height in the admin image option, but the real problem is concerning that.....let's say amount of big pixel allover the picture!

No, not kidding. I see nothing in category, but if it works for you, that's all that matters.

Maybe you need to upload your images in binary format.

For a tenth of a second I had the same problem you stated but other friends are correctly browsing thru the site....I don't get it, really.

As for the binary I thought that, but at least the image upload procedure from osc admin should be in binary. and still the pic looks corrupted...

Actually it doesn't look corrupted on the admin panel but just in the frontend.

Thanks for your kind answers...

For a tenth of a second I had the same problem you stated but other friends are correctly browsing thru the site....I don't get it, really.

As for the binary I thought that, but at least the image upload procedure from osc admin should be in binary. and still the pic looks corrupted...

Actually it doesn't look corrupted on the admin panel but just in the frontend.

Thanks for your kind answers...

Looks like the problem is even worse. Category pictures are affected by this problem as well. Can somebody help me out? i'm really lost! :'(

Some hints, I hope at least this will be useful to people coming up with the same problem.

looks like the issue is related to On the Fly AutoThumbnailer with GD.

Infact, looks like Autothumb. is not able to generate correctly thumbnailedpics, generating strange name files like: THUMBNAIL_PATHfilename.jpg.

It looks like this belongs to a misconfiguration of some kind of path. I have already double-checked the files but still haven't found it.