• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who's Online Enhancements v1.0

Carcrafter

Here it is, folks! My first osCommerce contribution! It's a simple one, but useful.

This contribution adds a few enhancements to the admin's Who's Online page. One thing I noticed when I would check the Who's Online page is that it lists existing sessions, not individual users. For example, I would have, say, 30 listings, but only 14 individual IP addresses. I would have to figure out how many individual users were on by counting the unique IP's. What a headache.

So I tweaked the whos_online.php page to do the math for me. While I was at it, I also decided to make the IP address clickable to open a new window and do a WHOIS on that IP. That way I could tell approximately where the user was coming from.

Then I also made the URL clickable so I could go to the same page the user was at on my own site.

Since the contributions uploads has been temporarily turned off, I put this contribution up on my own site. Get it at:

http://www.carcrafter.com/downloads/whos_online_v1.zip

Please email me at [email protected] or reply to this thread if you have any questions or comments.

Ed Caggiani

Custom Porsche accessories, news, discussions

Nice contribution! I really like being able to click on the url they are viewing, I used to copy and paste but now I don't have to.

One thing I might mention is that if someone copies and pastes the code from the readme (like I did), the comments in the code show up because they aren't properly formatted. I had to change the // to <!-- comment --> for html and /* comment */ for php.

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I installed the contribution and it works fine.

My question is, if it's possible to store all visits in a file or the db for analytic purposes.

Does somebody have a solution?

Cheers

Gerhard

www.jadrovino.de (German only)

I think your best bet would be to see if your webhost gives you access to the log files. There are several open source apache log analyizer's that are fairly good and anaylizing the logs would be much more accurate than having osc keep a record of all visitors.