• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UK - Secure Trading Module Required

smartboyinuk

Hi,

I downloaded the secure trading module contributed by Russ Roberts on 11th August 2002. Installed it - it goes fine through to the checkout page - on to the secure trading payment system - payment accepted - am successfully returned to the success page - but the order history and shopping cart are not updated. The site was about to go last weekend.

Url: www.maisoncollection.com/catalog/default.php

It is currently in test mode - test CC numbers used - 4111111111111111

exp date - 03/2004

Does anyone have a clue as to what could be wrong ? Or has anyone successfully configured oscomerce with secure trading payment system(www.securetrading.net) ?

Thanks for your time

SB

Important notes:

If you are integrating secure trading with oscommerce - the session id should be in small letters only - as secure trading does not accept large letters

In the ST contribution available on oscommerce.com - I got the package working with small customisations to my needs.

If anybody needs any help on integrating osc with ST - you can contact me via pm or email through this board.

Thanks to Russ Roberts for providing the contribution and to Mattice for support

• 4 months later...

I have this module working with an earlier 2.2 but not with the milestone release. The admin page does not show the configuration options and it will not appear as an option on the catalog payment page. Has anyone got this working correctly?

• 1 month later...

I need help!

Ive just installed the securetrading module but it doesnt work!

I uploaded the files and changed the site reference in admin but it isnt working!

Anychance someone could help me out with setting it up?

Tjobbe

http://www.boxes-bags.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have SecureTrading STability 1.0

When I place the files in the payment directory I get the option:

"+Install

SecureTrading STability Payment Module"

When I click this the 2nd line goes away but I still get the:

"+Install"

The module doesn't seem to be activiated. I'm using MS2, is this the problem?

Regards,

Dave.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have the secure trading contributions up and running but wondered if anyone has it working with force cookies or at least removing the SID (oscid) on returning to the site using callback to the checkout_process script.

In plainer english if I use callback - desired option to get the details into the database WITH force cookies the cookie error appears when the script is called.

securetrading is still in the address bar so I guess it is related to cookies and domains but not sure how to get round it - Do I need to set a cookie on the secure trading side + is this possible....

BTW great contribution

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I'm pretty much having the same problem but with a bit of a twist;

If I put through a test transaction and use callback method1 to return to the OSC pages the page reports a card error, and so obviously the cart is not emptied, but if I use callback method2 I stay on the ST pages, the transaction is successful and the cart still is not emptied!

Help!

Hi,

Sounds more like you are having a problem passing back the success variable have you double checked the callbackscript NB The variables have to seperated by TABS not spaces (caught me out a bit)..

Here's my callback.txt in case it helps:-

method1 POST

url1 https://#################

fields1 oscsid, orderref, ccissue, amount, streference, stauthcode, stconfidence, stresult, month, year, cctype, truncccnumber, securitymessage

pipe1 no

method2 POST

url2 https://#################

fields2 oscsid, orderref, ccissue, amount, streference, stauthcode, stconfidence, stresult, month, year, cctype, truncccnumber, securitymessage

pipe2 yes

As a footnote to my post above I came to concusion there was no was to reliabily return that covers all possible cookie security options. So final setting was to do the callback but don't return, provide a link back on the secure trading success page.

Hmm, no, no luck there.

The cart is still full. I've copied and pasted your callback.txt file onto my own (changing the URLs obviously) but without any joy.

I'm currently confirming the success in SecureTrading, so using method 2, because my pages aren't hosted on a secure site at the moment, I can link to http://www.topgoth.com/shop/checkout_success.php from the bottom of that page easily enough, but if the cart is still full that's still a problem!

I'm really out of my depth on this one so any further help would be appreciated!

Oh, and another strange thing, the store name $store isn't being passed across to ST either, and the order info $orderinfo when it's emailed to the customer comes up with <br /> after each line.

I only mention this because maybe it's related...?

I put a test order through your shop, so you can delete it and i see what you mean. It is callbacking alright I think as the customer email is being sent.

From what I remember there is 2 additional security checks that can be switched on or of in the secure trading admin module or in the file, have you tried with both of these of.

Also do you have force cookies or any such option on ?

Not sure about the $shop name I'll have to check what is passed in the store I built. Will do if the above doesn't sort it .

Nope still no luck with that.

My callback.txt file currently is

method1 POST

url1 http://www.topgoth.com/shop/checkout_process.php

fields1 oscsid, orderref, ccissue, amount, streference, stauthcode, stconfidence, stresult, month, year, cctype, truncccnumber, securitymessage

pipe1 no

method2 POST

url2 http://www.topgoth.com/shop/checkout_process.php

fields2 oscsid, orderref, ccissue, amount, streference, stauthcode, stconfidence, stresult, month, year, cctype, truncccnumber, securitymessage

pipe2 yes

For some reason there appears to be no difference in behaviour now if I switch between method 1 and 2 in the OSC module controls with this callback.txt .

My current settings at time of writing this are:

SecureTrading STability Payment Module

Enable SecureTrading Module

True

Sort order of display.

SecureTrading Site Reference

[*snip!!!*]

Merchant Email Address

[*snip again!*]

Order Info Format

Plain Text

Transaction Currency

Default Currency

Customer Notifications

True

Select Success Callback script

Select Failure Callback script

Settlement Period

Required fields

name,email

Payment Pages Set

Detect Amount Tampering

False

Detect Callback Spoofers

False

Transaction Suspention Policy

None/handled by SecureTrading

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Order Status

Using the fake Visa details, num 4111111111111111 exp 10/2004 security num 197 I get in Secure Trading a successful transaction, but on my site the cart is still full and I'm told there has been a 'Credit Card Error!'

I'm on Milestone 2.2 .

I've tried every configuration I can think of, a few of them broke it completely for a while, I've got it back to the state it is in now, but I'm really beginning to lose my mind on this one! I just can't see what's wrong with it!

Thanks for putting through the test transaction. Currently OSC shows no record of that transaction having occured, which I assume is related to the problem with the cart not clearing. No matter what Secure Trading is currently doing it's not currently telling OSC about it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

i've just installed it on my test shop and i'm noticing a few problems so far, but am working round some of them... firstly here's the config i'm using :

SecureTrading STability Payment Module

Enable SecureTrading Module

True

Sort order of display.

SecureTrading Site Reference

Merchant Email Address

Order Info Format

Plain Text

Transaction Currency

Default Currency

Customer Notifications

False

Select Success Callback script

Select Failure Callback script

Settlement Period

Required fields

name,email

Payment Pages Set

Detect Amount Tampering

False

Detect Callback Spoofers

False

Transaction Suspention Policy

None/handled by SecureTrading

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Order Status

Processing

here are the problems i have found so far:

(i have only tested card declines so far)

1. i have also noticed that changing the "Callback script" settings do not do anything at all.

(whatever i do, (pipe=yes or no) i can't get it to not use the failure and success pages and go straight back to the oscommerce checkout_payment.php page, or whichever it is you're sposed to...)

2. my "Payment Pages Set" = 2. this therefore correctly loads up form2.html from SecureTrading, however afterwhich it proceeds to forward me to Failure.html whereas it should be forwarding me to Failure2.html

- i have the feeling with a successful transaction (which i'm going to try next) will forward me on to sucess.html rather than correctly forwarding me to sucess2.html

any help would be very much appreciated!!!!!! :)

PS.. i'm using the lastest version of osC and the securetrading cont.

Edited by kev@num

3. I've also just noticed that on my failure.html which loads up, the ccnumber row does not have any information inside it. and checking the html code, it looks like it should be passed to this page so that the purchaser can check that they have inputted their details correctly.

this link however @ the bottom of my failurepage worked it comminicating with osC :)

http://mydomain.com/shop/checkout_payment.php?osCsid=&error_message=There+has+been+an+error+processing+you+credit+card%2C+please+try+again

maybe a link like this could be added to a success page so that osC can tell that a payment has gone through ok?

Edited by kev@num

all my settings are still the same and i've tried a proper credit card rather than a fake one.. the card went through and SecureTrading authorised the payment but then forwarded me to sucess.html whereas it should have forwarded me back to the shop and completed my order..

as i was only taken back to sucess.html the callback feature did not work again and therefore in osC admin area, the order has not appeared as oscommerce doesn't know it was completed.

does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks in advance :)

i've done some more testing and viewing source on the payment pages whilst i'm testing and looks like the variables are getting to secure trading.. and so it seems the scripts here are working and securetrading end is going wrong...

they had an error saying "callbackurlauth"

this isn't in their manuals anywhere and you can't tell you are getting this error unless you ring them

whilst i kept getting this error, securetrading defaults to sucess.html and failure.html (even if you specific you want to use sucess2.html etc etc)

after they removed the request to this it worked fine for me!! ..

it now uses the callback script correctly.

:D

• 7 months later...

A lot of people are having difficulty using the callback for st. The error people are getting is when oscommerce posts to the securetrading form but asks for the customer to login when callback returns to the merchant url.

I have noticed this happens for a number of reasons.

1. The callback Spoof is switched to true. (This can sometimes stop the callback from working correctly)

2. Use a payment page set (formref) I have found the module works better when using this. i.e. form5.html

3. In configuration/sessions Make sure the 'check ssl session ID' is switched to false if you are not using your own secure server. If this is activated it will look for your ID from the secure server you do not have, I have found this is the cause of the problem most of the time.

4. Make sure your callback file contains TABS and not SPACES i.e. Method1TABPOST and so on.

Hope this helps ;) G

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if its possible to log what happens in the Oscommerce site during callback?

Im using securetrading.

I have changed BOTH instances of osCid to oscid

I have callback spoof set to falsh

I am using a ref no for the files

I have check session id set to false

I totally rewrote the callback URL to ensure tabs are used.

ST tell me that the script is returning to checkout_process.php but for some reason it takes me to login.php and shows the cart as full.

It would be good to be able to debug what is going on, OSC side.

Anyone any ideas?