Sign in to follow this  
UncleSteve

MVS text message problem

Hi,

I'm trying to modify part of my checking out process on my store which uses the MVS contrib.

When the customer goes through the checkout and does not select a shipping method, an error message appears at the top of the page, such as "ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED". This message is actioned from "mystore.com/checkout_payment.php" and seems to be actioned from the code below (I may be wrong though);

// MVS start if a shipping method has not been selected for all vendors, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
 if (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') { // This test only works under MVS
	 if (!is_array ($shipping['vendor']) || count ($shipping['vendor']) != count ($cart->vendor_shipping)) { // No shipping selected or not all selected
		  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED, 'SSL'));
		  }
	   } // MVS end

In the language folder is "mystore.com/includes/languages/english/checkout_payment.php" but there was no 'define' for "ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED" so I've added

define('ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED', 'new text message');

When testing, I still get "ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED", rather than my new text.

Should I include some sort of 'include' line at the top of the page?

Can anyone guide me further on the above please?

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance.

Hi,

I'm trying to modify part of my checking out process on my store which uses the MVS contrib.

When the customer goes through the checkout and does not select a shipping method, an error message appears at the top of the page, such as "ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED". This message is actioned from "mystore.com/checkout_payment.php" and seems to be actioned from the code below (I may be wrong though);

// MVS start if a shipping method has not been selected for all vendors, redirect the customer to the shipping method selection page
 if (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') { // This test only works under MVS
	 if (!is_array ($shipping['vendor']) || count ($shipping['vendor']) != count ($cart->vendor_shipping)) { // No shipping selected or not all selected
		  tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, 'error_message=' . ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED, 'SSL'));
		  }
	   } // MVS end

In the language folder is "mystore.com/includes/languages/english/checkout_payment.php" but there was no 'define' for "ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED" so I've added

define('ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED', 'new text message');

When testing, I still get "ERROR_NO_SHIPPING_SELECTED_SELECTED", rather than my new text.

Should I include some sort of 'include' line at the top of the page?

Can anyone guide me further on the above please?

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance.

have you set up shipping methods for the vendors?

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

have you set up shipping methods for the vendors?

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Yes the shipping has been set up. but with several thousand products and a large amount of suppliers, I do occasionally miss one.

The store has been running for several years. I just wanted to improve the basic message, so if it happens again, the customer is immediately presented with contact details, rather than having to faff around looking for them.