• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

usps

viper00713

i have finally gotten my usps api to work, and i am tring to find if there is a way to set different shipping prices for different category's, the items i sell from home would work ok, but the items i sell from my dropshipper is different. they charge more for shipping. any help would be appreciated

• 5 months later...
i have finally gotten my usps api to work, and i am tring to find if there is a way to set different shipping prices for different category's, the items i sell from home would work ok, but the items i sell from my dropshipper is different. they charge more for shipping. any help would be appreciated

subscribing, I would like to know the answer to this as well.

Steve

I appreciate all the help that everyone on this site has given me!

I have the same question...I have 4 drop shippers from North, South, and West and I can't tell who will supply what until Checkout. I need to have some way of discriminating the supplier so Drop Shipper "A" (West Coast) shipping to Georgia charges the same freight that I charge or I will lose money everytime. If there is a way to have multiple shipping calculate the Zone in UPS or just have the Flat Rate in USPS based on Priority and Size of container, can that be configured??

Glad you asked the question. I have had this pop up on me yesterday!!

• 2 weeks later...

The easiest way is to have a orgin zipcode in the center of the us.

that way you have an average.

the other is not as accurate, but make the customer happy, is to use a orging zipcode on the other side from where the customer is.

this requires a look up table with the first 3 numbers of a zipcode and the corresponding full zipcode that is the furthest away.