• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCDark

born2sk8

Hi all,

This time i need some help with this template osCDark in the contributions section. http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5573

What i did to install it was to replace or add all modified and new files in my osc as specified in the list of files in the instructions folder. Also replaced the stylesheet.css with the one provided in later update to this contribution.

It worked almost perfect except for a little detail...in the categories box i`m getting some names that looks like variable names and want to change them to single word names and i want to put one of them in a separate box just like the Manufacturers box.

Check this link below to see a print screen with a note of what i mean and what i want to do.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/urb...scproject-1.jpg

Any help will be appreciated, this is the only thing i want to get fixed before starting to add real products and upload my store.

By the way...i`m planing to upload it in www.galaxygig.com can someone here give me some feed back about this people service. All their testimonials are positive but i don`t really trust testimonials.

Thanks in advance,

Joan

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/Catalog_Area/Boxes

That will help you with making a new box. The best coders here do not care for templates so they may not look at your post. And I guess the first thing to ask are you using 2.2 RC1?

Thanks Bushmaster for the link. It will be very helpful for me as well as the knowledge base. I`m using 2.2 rc2a but i compared the look of my store with a printscreen included with the template and it seem that the developer had the same issue i`m trying to solve. I couldn`t tell for sure because it`s not a good quality image. :huh:

Edited by born2sk8

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, as you may know already i installed the osCDark template(the link to download it is in the first post) in oscommerce 2.2 rc2a and had some bugs. Here is what i did to solve them.

HEADER INCONS: ALTERNATIVE TEXT BUG.

BUG#1: When i stop the mouse over any of the last 3 icons (new products, advanced search, contact us) the alternative text displayed was like a variable name.

SOLUTION:Got to english.php located at includes\languages\english.php(the .php file you are going to modify is right when you open the languages folder, NOT in the english folder) and add the following code in the code block with the comment

// header text in includes/header.php

define('HEADER_TITLE_PRODUCTS_NEW', '[color="#FF0000"]New Products[/color]');
define('HEADER_TITLE_CONTACT_US', '[color="#FF0000"]Contact Us[/color]');
define('HEADER_TITLE_ADVANCED_SEARCH', '[color="#FF0000"]Advanced Search[/color]');

These should be done in every .php file of each language available on your site and translate(write whatever you want to show) the red part of the code to the choosen language.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CATEGORIES BOX: VARIABLE NAMES SHOWN BUG.

BUG#2: In the Categories Box there are 2 links in bold at the bottom that show a like variable name.

SOLUTION: Got to english.php located at includes\languages\english.php(the .php file you are going to modify is right when you open the languages folder, NOT in the english folder) and add the following code in the code block with the comment

// categories box text in includes/boxes/categories.php

define('BOX_INFORMATION_SPECIALS', '[color="#FF0000"]Especiales[/color]');
define('BOX_INFORMATION_PRODUCTS_NEW', '[color="#FF0000"]Nuevos Productos[/color]');

These should be done in every .php file of each language available on your site and translate(write whatever you want to show) the red part of the code to the choosen language.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST SELLERS BOX: MISSING IMAGE BETWEEN CORNERS

BUG#3: As soon as you recieve your first order the best sellers box appears showing the ordered items. But it won`t display the image that goes between the top corners to complete the title bar.

SOLUTION: In progress. Any help will be appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the information, I'm also having an issue where at the top banner a link "CATALOG" hangs there with no image. And lastly, how can I remove the banner in the middle that says OSCommerce?

another issue is when a product is sold. and you have best sellers box. That does not show up correctly if you try it. The heading (Title best sellers ) image is not in place.