• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

whcih XML Sitemap contrib should I use with SEO Friendly URL's

I am trying to decide which of the several XML Sitemap contributions to use, but there are so many, also I was wondering if someone could tell me which is the best one to use considering I have installed Search Engine Friendly URL's.

Give me your recommendation which of these XML Sitemap contributions would work best with Search Engine Friendly URL's.

Also, in your recommendation, describe why is it better than some/most of the other Sitemap contributions....I am looking to use the best, most stable contribution.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Torres

President

Perhaps reading How To Ask Questions The Smart Way will give you a clue.

Jan,

I have reported you to Harold Ponce de Leon for your RUDE unprofessionalism...for those reading this message Jan seems to have a "Power Trip" deleting messages and sending RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL private messages.

Hopefully Harold will see you are not good as a "Team Member".....if you read my original posting I DID MAKE AN EDUCATED REQUEST FOR HELP....It is however very undeducated on your part to tell me to ask for something in a "SMART" way, as a "so called" "Team Member" it is not expected of you to get into childish disputes with forum members, and DEFINETLY not to insult them which is what you have done with your "SMART WAY" implication.

If you delete this posting, I have taken a screenshot of it to make sure it is included in my complaint to Harold Ponce de Leon, along with other forum members who have also had similar experiences with you....seems you don't know the meaning of being professional.

Jon Torres

President

.It is however very undeducated on your part to tell me to ask for something in a "SMART" way, as a "so called" "Team Member" it is not expected of you to get into childish disputes with forum members, and DEFINETLY not to insult them which is what you have done with your "SMART WAY" implication.

Before you start attacking people it is much smarter to actually follow the link and read what is mentioned there instead of making assumptions about what you will find there. You only need to click on the underlined text.

Before you start attacking people it is much smarter to actually follow the link and read what is mentioned there instead of making assumptions about what you will find there. You only need to click on the underlined text.

Jan, please stop wasting my time, you have turned my request for help and are acting like a child, regardless I am writing a really long email to Harold with all these details, so your days as "Team Member" will hopefully be over soon, you are unprofessional and have no people skills.

Quit posting on here if it is not for help, you are not helpful in any way.....this posting was a request for help and you are making a joke out of it.

For anyone readin these, please I would appreciate your help, and there is no need to post OFF TOPIC things NOT related to the original question. Thank You.

Jon Torres

President

Quit posting on here if it is not for help, you are not helpful in any way.....

The principal job of a forum moderator is not to be helpful to the forum members but "to enforce the rules of an Internet forum". This Wikipedia entry gives more detail on the job description.

Break the rules and a forum moderator is expected to step in. You broke the rules, simple as that.

Jan,

Simply put, you are a very childish person with toooo much time on your hand, as it is apparent, I have reported every bit of your ignorance to Harold, try looking up in wikipedia childish or maybe ignorant, you might find you share alot of those qualities. you have totally made a mcery of my thread, I hope Harild can delete both of these alltogether so I can start from scratch and not have your ignorance posted all over.....Since it seems you feed on my responding to your ignorance, what I am going to do is actually igore you, this way you will go away, your presence on my thread is like an unwanted dissease....so my final thought to you is GET ALIFE, FORUM MODERATOR ISN"T A "REAL" JOB, unfortunately you have to live with the fact that you are what you are, and to not stoop to your level of ignorance I will reserve to myself expressing what I think of you, as you already have to live with knowing this....quite sad....Goodbye and post away, go on, post to your hearts content, I will no longer respond to your ignorance...this was fun but I have better things to do with my time.

Jon Torres

President

Can "anyone" offer some help with regard to this XML Sitemap issue?

I am looking to hear from other members who have used one of the available contributions.

My original posting was on Friday, here we are Monday and no one has offered any help, im dumbfounded?

Jon Torres

President

Apparently no one in the entire OSC community knows anything about XML Sitmaps....I posted the original question almost a week ago, no one has yet to respond, then my thread gets sabotoged by "Jan Zonjee", so anyone who read the thread and all of "Jans" crap lost total interest in what the thread was about to begin with and decided to move along.

I was under the impression that this was the "Support Forum", wheres the "support"....is it "paid" support, do I need to offer cash for support?

If anyone could enlighten me (except for you "Jan") on how come no one has responded, this is unbelievable, most every other thread gets some kind of response. Had it not been for this "Jan" invading my thread maybe I would've had an answer to my request.

I've gone back and read my 1st post on this thread, sounds like a usual request for assistance, polite/respectful....Post #2 I made an "observation" that 24hrs later not 1 response out of the hundreds of OSC experts in this community....then of course came this disease and invaded my thread and scared everyone away.

Can anyone offer some kind of "support" to the original question regarding XML Sitemap Contributions?

Jon Torres

President

Apparently no one in the entire OSC community knows anything about XML Sitmaps....I posted the original question almost a week ago, no one has yet to respond, then my thread gets sabotoged by "Jan Zonjee", so anyone who read the thread and all of "Jans" crap lost total interest in what the thread was about to begin with and decided to move along.

I was under the impression that this was the "Support Forum", wheres the "support"....is it "paid" support, do I need to offer cash for support?

If anyone could enlighten me (except for you "Jan") on how come no one has responded, this is unbelievable, most every other thread gets some kind of response. Had it not been for this "Jan" invading my thread maybe I would've had an answer to my request.

I've gone back and read my 1st post on this thread, sounds like a usual request for assistance, polite/respectful....Post #2 I made an "observation" that 24hrs later not 1 response out of the hundreds of OSC experts in this community....then of course came this disease and invaded my thread and scared everyone away.

Can anyone offer some kind of "support" to the original question regarding XML Sitemap Contributions?

There are literally hundreds of post in this forum that address exactly what you inquire of. Why don't you search the forums rather than post redundant questions in such a demanding way.

Maybe your whole point of this topic was to find someone to pick a fight with?

The obvious is not hard to see.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Give me your recommendation which of these XML Sitemap contributions would work best with Search Engine Friendly URL's.

Also, in your recommendation, describe why is it better than some/most of the other Sitemap contributions....I am looking to use the best, most stable contribution.

Hello Jon,

I'v been using the Google XML Sitemap Feed by Chemo (2005). It works well. The most challenging for me was the CRON set-up, but that can vary from host to host.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

GROUCHO (1895-1977)

There are literally hundreds of post in this forum that address exactly what you inquire of. Why don't you search the forums rather than post redundant questions in such a demanding way.

Maybe your whole point of this topic was to find someone to pick a fight with?

The obvious is not hard to see.

G.L,

I did search the forums, but I thought I would ask for myself, which by the way, if you read POST #1 there is nothing demanding about it, and POST #2 isn't demanding either, it was an observation...I do not see anything that could be construed as "demanding", and the only person who attempted to pick a fight was this "Jan Zonjee", so there is nothing obvious to see.

Anyways, thank you for taking the time to respond, if you have any "actual" help to offer on the subject at hand it would be welcome, any other statements not related to the subject would be construed as "picking a fight".

Jon Torres

President

Hello Jon,

I'v been using the Google XML Sitemap Feed by Chemo (2005). It works well. The most challenging for me was the CRON set-up, but that can vary from host to host.

Ron,

I appreciate your response. You know, I am not one to go in and mess with files if I don't know what I'm doing, this CRON stuff sound like something I would not want to mess with.

Do you know if this contribution would have any conflict or benefit if using Search Engine Friendly URL's?

Aslo, was it easy to setup?

Did you see any change after having set this up on your traffic and or rankings?

Thanks

Jon Torres

President

G.L,

I did search the forums, but I thought I would ask for myself, which by the way, if you read POST #1 there is nothing demanding about it, and POST #2 isn't demanding either, it was an observation...I do not see anything that could be construed as "demanding", and the only person who attempted to pick a fight was this "Jan Zonjee", so there is nothing obvious to see.

Anyways, thank you for taking the time to respond, if you have any "actual" help to offer on the subject at hand it would be welcome, any other statements not related to the subject would be construed as "picking a fight".

You really think it is OK to boss people around here? Just unbelievable that there are people here who want to help a person like you. GLcustoms is totally on the mark with his comment. The fact that you don't see that says a lot about you.

You really think it is OK to boss people around here? Just unbelievable that there are people here who want to help a person like you. GLcustoms is totally on the mark with his comment. The fact that you don't see that says a lot about you.

Jan, GET LOST YOU ARE LIKE A PEST!

WHAT PART OF THAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND, LET ME SPELL IT OUT: YOU ARE LIKE A DISEASE THAT WONT GO AWAY.

YOU ARE ANNOYING- USELESS - AND OF NO HELP

YOUR COMMENTS ARE NOT ON TOPIC AND A WASTE OF TIME

EMAIL HAROLD YOURSELF AND ASK HIM, I SEND HIM ALL THE CRAP YOU POST ON HERE AND HOW YOUR SOLE PURPOSE TO FOLLOW MY THREAD IS STRICTLY TO HARASS....KEEP IT UP AND YOU ARE SOON TO LOSE YOUR "MODERATOR" "JOB" IF YOU CONTINUE TO PESTER ME! YOU THINK HE IS NOT FOLLOWING UP ON THIS ISSUE?

READ THE FORUM RULES YOURSELF "STICK TO THE TOPIC" - YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE FORUM RULES YOURSELF...GO AWAY! YOU ARE A DISTURBED PERSON WITH NOTHING TO DO BUT SIT AT HOME AND HARRASS PEOPLE, GET A LIFE, YOU ARE JUST SHOWING THE COMMUNITY HERE HOW IMMATURE YOU ARE, IT'S PATHETIC

Jon Torres

President