• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSC with dreamweaver.

born2sk8

Hi all,

I'm new in this oscommerce world and i was wondering... is there any way to set osc as a dreamweaver project or site and manage everything from there?

I have a local installation of osc rc2(last version i guess) and created a site in dreamweaver cs3 but when i open index.php for example it only shows me the background color and empty tables. Can you help with this guys if possible.

Sorry if i'm asking something already covered in a previous post but i couldn't find it. If there is a post already just post the link here and i will be happy to check it.

Thanks. :lol:

Hi all,

I'm new in this oscommerce world and i was wondering... is there any way to set osc as a dreamweaver project or site and manage everything from there?

I have a local installation of osc rc2(last version i guess) and created a site in dreamweaver cs3 but when i open index.php for example it only shows me the background color and empty tables. Can you help with this guys if possible.

Sorry if i'm asking something already covered in a previous post but i couldn't find it. If there is a post already just post the link here and i will be happy to check it.

Thanks. :lol:

Dreamweaver is good for htm pages, not for php pages.

What do you recommend for php pages editor ?

:thumbsup: To do what you are wanting you would need to install the Simple Template System (see the STSv4.5.8 link in my signature below).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

:thumbsup: To do what you are wanting you would need to install the Simple Template System (see the STSv4.5.8 link in my signature below).

Thanks bkellum i will try that. :lol:

i use sokkit and it allows me to edit php live and locally.

i just checked and it's discontinued, but keep an eye out for it or something similar (apache and php on a local machine). i can edit my sites locally on my laptop, database and all - and upload when ready.

pretty sweet.

Jay