• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

deposit payment module

ItsAllGood

Hi,

I have installed this module: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4016 so i can take deposits instead of total amounts.

After installation of the module the option for deposits is not shown.

On the payment information screen it does not give any option to pay deposit only. It only allows the user to input their credit card details.

I haven't used the 50% and 75% part of this module and changed the 25% to 30%. I don't think this would cause any issues.

Does anyone have any advise as to what i could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
sounds like u are missing somthing on the install, try reinstalling again

The installation seems straight forward (haven't done it myself). Have the modules been installed in admin modules payment like other payment modules have to be installed?

• 2 months later...
The installation seems straight forward (haven't done it myself). Have the modules been installed in admin modules payment like other payment modules have to be installed?

Sorry for the long delay in my reply. This project was put on hold as i was away but is now back on.

I've tried reinstalling this again with no luck at all.

Coopco : If you mean whether the module was installed within the admin section, then yes it was.

I have run out of ideas to get a deposit payment option in OsCommerce.

Has anyone managed to get anything working at all regarding taking deposits as well as full payment?

Thanks!

Edited by ItsAllGood

Sorry for the long delay in my reply. This project was put on hold as i was away but is now back on.

I've tried reinstalling this again with no luck at all.

Coopco : If you mean whether the module was installed within the admin section, then yes it was.

I have run out of ideas to get a deposit payment option in OsCommerce.

Has anyone managed to get anything working at all regarding taking deposits as well as full payment?

Thanks!

Do any payment modules work?

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, payment modules do work.

I've installed and am using successfully the eway payment module.

If you have any ideas what i can do to get this working i would be greatful..?

I think i've found the issue, but still need some help.

The only payment method i allow is credit card.

This deposit payment module gives the option to allow cheque/money order for the deposit.

If i select 'yes' then the pay deposit option is shown but payment via credit card is not possible. cause you have to select either 'pay deposit' or 'credit card payment'.

If i select 'no' to allow cheque/money order, then only full payment is allowed via credit card.

Does this make sense?

How can i take the deposit payment via credit card?

Sorry about all this!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am having the same problem. I also would like the customers to be able to pay a deposit by credit card. If you found a way to do it, please let me know !

I looked through all the forum for solutions and I could only find people who were struggling into finding a solution, nobody who actually FOUND a solution ! I am a bit desperate right now.

• 3 weeks later...

the module is a great simplistic idea but its logic is flawed cas you obviously cant choose 2 different payment modules at the same time

I can see the only way this module would work would be to create this function as a credit class and work it into the chekout that way

of course then theres no way to send the client back to the chekout to make the payment for the balance as there is no invoicing type system within oscommerce

the only real way around it currently is to create 2 products, one for the deposit value and one for the balance value, have the client order the first value and then send them a link to the 2nd product where they can pay the balance

messy but until someone develops an invoicing system within oscommerce for recurring billing etc its probably the only way you will achieve this

• 7 months later...

I want to do the same thing. I want to have a $5,000 - $20,000 deposit option (I would even like to have this as my only button) since the items I am selling will be completed upon pickup.

I don't want to have it as a percentage, I would prefer the fixed deposit price that I can determine.

Any suggestions or programmers?