• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help - SEO path to old location after move to root

JBCards

I am trying to get my SEO add on to work correctly for me. So, when I turn it on, I see that my categories are still coming out of my old folder.

I moved my store from www.site.com/store/catalog to www.site.com

the other links seem to be okay, but now instead of going to www.site.com/category1, it goes to www.site.com/store/catalog/category1

So, I can't turn on the SEO path since I am getting an error when it goes to this path.

any idea how I can get this corrected?

Thanks.

I am trying to get my SEO add on to work correctly for me. So, when I turn it on, I see that my categories are still coming out of my old folder.

I moved my store from www.site.com/store/catalog to www.site.com

the other links seem to be okay, but now instead of going to www.site.com/category1, it goes to www.site.com/store/catalog/category1

So, I can't turn on the SEO path since I am getting an error when it goes to this path.

any idea how I can get this corrected?

Thanks.

Reset your categories cache, if you are using SEO URLs reset SEO cache as well.

Thanks for the reply. I'll do that, but it looks like I have a bigger problem. From what i can tell, it is linking the category titles to the old location and working when I do not have on the SEO feature.

So, it goes from www.site.com to www.site.com/store/catalog/item instead of going to www.site.com/item

Where do I fix the links in the Category box?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I'll do that, but it looks like I have a bigger problem. From what i can tell, it is linking the category titles to the old location and working when I do not have on the SEO feature.

So, it goes from www.site.com to www.site.com/store/catalog/item instead of going to www.site.com/item

Where do I fix the links in the Category box?

Thanks!

My first guess would be .htaccess

RewriteBase should be ..

RewriteBase /

Not ...

RewriteBase /store/catalog/

Archived