• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please give me your feedback

Hi,

My website www.allureart.com is live and I would like your feedback, comments or suggestions.

I've spent 5 months changing the template to the way that I wanted, it was very hard because I've never heard about php before, so I had to buy books and read a lot of forums. After a lot of problems with my payment module I had to hire someone to help me to fix everything in order I could keep my sanity :P and have time to make my jewelry again. Now almost everything is going smooth, I just need to be found by the customers :D .

By the way, the last thing that I need to fix is the Gift Voucher. It didn't work properly so I need to remove everything about that.

Thank you

Hi,

My website www.allureart.com is live and I would like your feedback, comments or suggestions.

I've spent 5 months changing the template to the way that I wanted, it was very hard because I've never heard about php before, so I had to buy books and read a lot of forums. After a lot of problems with my payment module I had to hire someone to help me to fix everything in order I could keep my sanity :P and have time to make my jewelry again. Now almost everything is going smooth, I just need to be found by the customers :D .

By the way, the last thing that I need to fix is the Gift Voucher. It didn't work properly so I need to remove everything about that.

Thank you

Well it is a very nice looking site. I havent seen that template before. Nice use of the multiple images, lots of customer info. However, you have something going on with your SEO URLS, when I go to a category it only shows the c-path and no name, and you can place any word in front of the cpath and still go to that same category. There is a fix for that, and you really should use it. heres the fix http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5738

The forum for the fix is here, you should read the conns to not fixing it.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=292791

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Actually I have seen that template before - don't remember where, but I think it was a different color. Anyway, it looks like a nice implementation of the template and the product images seem to be quite acceptable - which is a refreshing change.

As far as the SEO thing goes - if you're going to use it, you really should get it working correctly before submitting your site anywhere or creating more than a link or two that will get crawled. I personally despise the SEO URL thing, but it would appear that I am being completely out-voted by everyone, though my brand new site has already seen over 10k hits since bringing it online almost a month ago. Guess I will have to look into implementing this thing as well, as I see an alternate possible benefit.

Anyway, good luck - I would say this is one of the better implementations, so you are on the right track.

The GraphicZoo

check profile for web address

Thank you very much Glcustoms and Obewanz. I'm going to check the fix that you suggested. Anyway, I have at least 300 products in my catalog so what happens now if I change something?

Meg

Thank you very much Glcustoms and Obewanz. I'm going to check the fix that you suggested. Anyway, I have at least 300 products in my catalog so what happens now if I change something?

Meg

Nothing you change related to the fixes/suggestions will harm your product listing. Actually you should be able to add hundreds of changes if you want, with no harm to your product listings, so long as you do them correctly. :thumbsup:

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

It's a very overused, standard template but generally looks 'nice'.

Not my kettle of fish, but it does it's job.

The store information images are missing.

Good to see you've avoided all the usual mistakes like no SSL, no SEO URLs etc.

One thing ... why do you need DOB?

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

very good, its well laid out and easy to navigate. as for visitors, spend as much time as you can learning SEO; its the most effective way to get people to your site.

Hi,

Thank you

I am just starting my headache here. I love your site very much. I will post about your site on my earnings forum. Your sure to get some hits today. :thumbsup:

It's a very overused, standard template but generally looks 'nice'.

Not my kettle of fish, but it does it's job.

The store information images are missing.

Good to see you've avoided all the usual mistakes like no SSL, no SEO URLs etc.

One thing ... why do you need DOB?

Thank you for your feedback on my 'nice' website. Also, thank you for the hint on the missing images, I found them. About DOB, when it's time I can send happy birthday to my customers.

Meg

I am just starting my headache here. I love your site very much. I will post about your site on my earnings forum. Your sure to get some hits today. :thumbsup:

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your kind words. I hope you can have your website ready soon, it's a good feeling when you see everything done and working. But if you feel too overwhelmed with the development of your website, hire some help. I had to hire a programmer because my payment module wasn't working and I couldn't find any forum about that module. After two weeks trying I gave up and it was the best thing I did because the guy who helped me was really good.

So I wish you good luck and pls send me your website address when it's done.

Meg

Good Evening Margarete,

My first impression was that I came upon a professionally designed site.

After a couple pages I realize how little I could see, most of the screen was taken by static components, header, menu bars, etc.

I can see only 2 items fully on a normal page load.

It appears there are two ways in which product is displayed, 2 by 2 or a list. I don't understand why there are differenent displays (and haven't paid enough attention to see which gets displayed when). I just noticed 2 by 2 verses a listing.

I like the rotating product images on the side. Nice touch, especially if it were higher on the page.

Account creation was easy. Why do you want my gender and d.o.b.?

I do find the site to be rather appealing.

After a couple pages I realize how little I could see, most of the screen was taken by static components, header, menu bars, etc.

I agree with this. While the home page looks fine with the big header, it needs to be much smaller in the subsequent pages. Generally, people are turned off if they click to see a product, then need to scroll down to see it because the header takes up the whole page. The other thing is a pet peeve. If you only offer one language and one currency, don't have the selection boxes available.

Oh, and change the host monster favicon

Looks good. I didn't see it mentioned, but you should install an auto thumbnailer for your images. The thumbnails are resized from larger images and you can't make out any details.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I agree with this. While the home page looks fine with the big header, it needs to be much smaller in the subsequent pages. Generally, people are turned off if they click to see a product, then need to scroll down to see it because the header takes up the whole page. The other thing is a pet peeve. If you only offer one language and one currency, don't have the selection boxes available.

Oh, and change the host monster favicon

Thank you for yr comments. I already changed the favicon, that was easy. About changing the header on the product page is a good point, I'm going to try to make them lighter.

Meg

Good Evening Margarete,

My first impression was that I came upon a professionally designed site.

I can see only 2 items fully on a normal page load.

It appears there are two ways in which product is displayed, 2 by 2 or a list. I don't understand why there are differenent displays (and haven't paid enough attention to see which gets displayed when). I just noticed 2 by 2 verses a listing.

I like the rotating product images on the side. Nice touch, especially if it were higher on the page.

Account creation was easy. Why do you want my gender and d.o.b.?

I do find the site to be rather appealing.

Thank you Doug for taking time visiting my website. I'll try to change a little bit the product pages to see if they can be displayed on a normal page load.

Meg

Looks good. I didn't see it mentioned, but you should install an auto thumbnailer for your images. The thumbnails are resized from larger images and you can't make out any details.

I'm going to check the auto thumbnailer. Do you think that even the images that I have on the product page can be done with the auto thumbnailer?

Thank you very much for your comments

Meg

Just visited Your store, I like it. Easy to get around, good descriptionsetc. I like how You switched from list to 2x2 formats. I get borred going thrue a site that is exactly the same page after page. You want to design Mine...lol

Rita

Just visited Your store, I like it. Easy to get around, good descriptionsetc. I like how You switched from list to 2x2 formats. I get borred going thrue a site that is exactly the same page after page. You want to design Mine...lol

Rita

Hi Rita,

Thank you for visiting my store. I would design your site just if I wanted to get crazy at once!! :P This thing is time consuming and I have to deal with regular job, make my jewelry, put them online, fix or improve the website, house chores, little dog and in then on the summer I'll be doing an arts and crafts show :blink: . I hope I'll survive.. :D

Archived