• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product attribute returns field ID from Paypal IPN

Hi,

I've installed the product attributes options contribution, as well as the Paypal IPN. I have a field in the product attributes that is an open for a customer to enter a name. It appears to work with when checking out paying by check. However, when paying with the Paypal IPN, it returns the product options name, and the product options type, but does not return the actual name entered. For example:

Name: (Up to 9 letters) TEXT

I'm a relative newbie, but have tried to learn and research. I have checked the OSC database and the product_options_values displays TEXT and not the actual name.

Thank you for helping!

Ryan

Perhaps the moderator should move this to Payment Modules > PayPal

Either way, after researching others posts and trying at least one other fix which was to modify the catalog/product_attributes

from this thread

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...20IPN&st=20

Original code:

<td align="center" class="smallText"> <?php echo $options_values["products_options_id"]; ?> </td>
<!-- BOF Product Option Type -->
               <td class="smallText"> <?php echo translate_type_to_name($options_values["products_options_type"]); ?> </td> <!-- CLR 030212 - Add column for option type //-->
               <td class="smallText"> <?php echo $options_values["products_options_length"]; ?> </td>	<!-- CLR 030212 - Add column for option length //-->
               <td class="smallText"> <?php echo $options_values["products_options_comment"]; ?> </td>	<!-- CLR 030212 - Add column for option comment //-->
<!-- EOF Product Option Type -->

With added line under <!-- BOF Product Option Type -->

<td align="center" class="smallText"> <?php echo $options_values["products_options_id"]; ?> </td>
			<td class="smallText"><?php echo $options_values['products_options_name']; ?></td>
               <td class="smallText"> <?php echo translate_type_to_name($options_values["products_options_type"]); ?> </td> <!-- CLR 030212 - Add column for option type //-->
               <td class="smallText"> <?php echo $options_values["products_options_length"]; ?> </td>	<!-- CLR 030212 - Add column for option length //-->
               <td class="smallText"> <?php echo $options_values["products_options_comment"]; ?> </td>	<!-- CLR 030212 - Add column for option comment //-->

However, it did not appear to work. I trying to find an answer already, or figure it out on my own, but my first experience with building a site was 2 months ago, and I am hoping someone far more brilliant can point me in the right direction

Here is an example from the confirmation email from ordering via check and the name 'Tempt' does appear

Products

------------------------------------------------------

1 x Lady Bug #1 () = $24.65

Bib Color Pink

Collar/Neck Lace Trimmed

Collar/Neck Color Pink

Name: (Up to 9 letters) Tempt

Here is an example from Paypal IPN

Products

1 x Example -Not for Sale = $0.13

Bib Color Pink

Collar/Neck Color Red

Collar/Neck Lace Trimmed

Lettering Black with white polka dots

Thanks for you help,

Ryan

• 1 month later...

hey ryan, did you ever figure this out?

ryan

Perhaps the moderator should move this to Payment Modules > PayPal

Either way, after researching others posts and trying at least one other fix which was to modify the catalog/product_attributes

from this thread

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...20IPN&st=20

Original code:

With added line under <!-- BOF Product Option Type -->

<td class="smallText"><?php echo $options_values['products_options_name']; ?></td>

However, it did not appear to work. I trying to find an answer already, or figure it out on my own, but my first experience with building a site was 2 months ago, and I am hoping someone far more brilliant can point me in the right direction

Here is an example from the confirmation email from ordering via check and the name 'Tempt' does appear

Products

1 x Lady Bug #1 () = $24.65

Bib Color Pink

Collar/Neck Lace Trimmed

Collar/Neck Color Pink

Name: (Up to 9 letters) Tempt

Here is an example from Paypal IPN

Products

1 x Example -Not for Sale = $0.13

Bib Color Pink

Collar/Neck Color Red

Collar/Neck Lace Trimmed

Lettering Black with white polka dots

Thanks for you help,

Ryan

Unfortunately I didn't figure it out, and haven't heard from the smarties who are able to resolve it. I instead switch the Paypal IPN off, and went baack to the original Paypal module with a description during the check out process stating a customer must return to my site after paying with paypal...

Anyone, else resolve the Paypal IPN?

hey ryan, did you ever figure this out?

ryan