• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Login Box w/My Account v5.0

Ajeh

The version is set in keeping with the code I am working on for other Add-Ons.

This Login Box is both a Login Box and a My Account Box.

It does not show on Login or Create pages. When Logged in ... it is a My Account Box. When Logged off ... it is a Login Box.

http://www.oscommerce.com/downloads.php/co...ions,816/type,3

You can test this at:

http://www.thewebmakerscorner.com/freecall

Linda,

Thanks for the new login box. I went to add it and ran into a little snag....I'm using an older Loaded Snapshot (August? September?)...anyway, when attempting to install it I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_validate_show_link() in /home2/www/bird-e-toys/osc/catalog/includes/boxes/loginbox.php on line 25

I haven't got the foggiest idea how to fix that one.......Help!

hey linda,

small bug when testing it on your site... if you log in and then log out a little later, and then goto the login.php page or the create_account.php page, the "My Account Info" box shows up, even though no one is logged in...

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_validate_show_link() in /home2/www/bird-e-toys/osc/catalog/includes/boxes/loginbox.php on line 25

Change:

// WebMakers.com Added: Do not show if on login or create account

if ( (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'login.php')) and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'create_account.php')) and tep_get_validate_show_link(FILENAME_LOGIN) )  {

To:

// WebMakers.com Added: Do not show if on login or create account

if ( (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'login.php')) and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'create_account.php')))  {

I use that function for another feature ... :shock:

See if this doesn't fix everything on the function and the appearance of the My Account on login/create pages due to function issue ... :shock:

That includes the mysterious vanishing box trick ... 8)

That was related to the function you guys don't have.

http://www.oscommerce.com/downloads.php/co...ions,817/type,3

Okay ... rumor has it this v5.2 has all the fixes, ssl, etc. etc. etc.

Nothing like modifying a modified version of a modified version that was modified ... let's just say it was changed a lot for my stuff ...

Anyway ... this should work now:

http://www.oscommerce.com/downloads.php/co...ions,818/type,3

:onfire:

Finally ... dang site I took it from has all the bells and whistles and variable settings for all kinds of other things and wasn't really made to have that yanked out of it.

Fix one side ... break the other ... that was a fun one! :roll:

At least it's a happy add-on now.

:wink:

Well ... if you do a search on Security ... there should be several of them.

The newest stuff was posted yesterday on all the areas.

For things like the checkout files ... look at what I posted and what your code is. This will differ from version to version slightly but the same idea is there.

Linda,

do you have a list of all your security fixes somewhere?? this would aid in the search for them... or a list with links to the topics would be even better... or them bundled into a contribution even better yet...

I only ask because from my experience at least, the search engine on this forum is the worst search function I have ever seen... really terrible and really hard to find something unless you know the very EXACT phrase that will give you what you need.

- Edmund Burke

Well ... two msgs up is the link to them all ... you might peek there ... :shock:

oh thats the only one... I was thinking for some reason that there were like about 5 posts each with different security fixes... dunno where my mind is at.

- Edmund Burke

Any of youguys noticed than when you login in via the loginbox, it doesnt show the name in the welcome message on the mainpage??

However if you login thru the login.php page, it shows the name just fine.

Anyone know why this might be?

CC.

Ok, I take the bit about it working thru login.php back.

It doesnt anymore.

After installing the 5.2 version, my Welcome message does not show a name no matter which way I login.

Pretty much making the Welcome statement a waste of space.

Any fixes for this Linda?

ta.

CC.