• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Advanced Guestbook for Osc

elari

Upon moving my shop up to the root level of couse the images REFUSED to show. After hours of head scatching "I think" I have it working properly.

Edit admin/gbook.php:

Line 74:

$GB_PG["base_url"] = dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS["PHP_SELF"]);

Change to:

$GB_PG["base_url"] = '';

So far it works. I have not fully tested uploading etc... but at least it is a start.

I do not understand the point of lines 64 to 76, I guess it has something to do with identifying where the request is coming from. It does not properly figure out that the request is coming from root level and not from a subdirectory. I hope this helps.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it seems guestbook is not ok when running catalog from the root instead of /www_root/catalog/....

in fact i must change this to use also the value included in configure.php to use dir_ws_catalog and so....

This guset book can support multi-language.

That's major reason why I select this one but not phpBB.

I got a problem.

When I trying to change language insterface.

all images were gone.

I check the link it changes like this :

root/gbaddentry.php/language/img/email.gif

How come ?

And another serious problem

I can login in with admin priority.

Even I change the User Name/password in book_Auth table.

Why ?!

My site:

http://www.chris.com.tw/strap/

Guest Book

http://www.chris.com.tw/strap/gbook.php

I was looking for a guestbook module that would work.. I ended up incorporating my own...

The only problem I ran into was if the person signing the book doesnt write anything.. then the layout on the following page is snafu. I'm sure I can fix it, but I just haven't had time.

I didnt write the code for the guestbook, I just added it.

You can see it here

http://www.welshdragon.net/index.php

Its still in test phase so oyu can post messages if you like :)

Tracy

i have recheck your page

seems to be a language select problem

you have link like

default.php/language/en

instead of

default.php?language=en

this same problem occur then in guestbook, this is not a gbook problem

ps i have tried to write this on your gbook but it seems you you have set too many bad word censored... ?????

try .....gbaddentry.php?language=en or ....=tw and you'll see it works

I exhaust a lot of time to trace the AGB, although

I reinstall it, it still can't let me login no administrator.

elari, could you help me to solve it ?

This my admin page

http://www.chris.com.tw/strap/gbadmin.php

nothing change at all

(default password)

btw, When I trace the code, I found it maybe the session problem...

I use Win2000 Server + Apache 1.2.37 + php 4

• 4 weeks later...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/s/sensuell/www/butik/catalog/gbcomment.php:20) in /home/s/sensuell/www/butik/catalog/includes/classes_gb/comment.class.php on line 176

Sorry

http://www.sensuellt.com/butik/catalog/gbook.php

The message appear when i replay to a message.

______________________________________-

When I write a new comment I get this message before the script load the guestbook again.

Warning: main(includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/s/sensuell/www/butik/catalog/includes/column_right.php on line 13

Warning: main(includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/s/sensuell/www/butik/catalog/includes/column_right.php on line 13

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php' (include_path='./:/usr/local/share/pear') in /home/s/sensuell/www/butik/catalog/includes/column_right.php on line 13

//Thanks

• 1 month later...

I gotta problem, after trying to install this guestbook I cant load my shop...

I made everything as it worte in readme file, and launched gb-install.to.be.removed.after.install.php, that wrote some errors on lines 2.3.4.10 and I decided to remove it, aftr that i try to load shop and see:

Fatal error: Failed opening required './includes/application_top.php' (include_path='/usr/lib/php') in /var/www/html/shop/catalog/default.php on line 13

Admin works, and other php on server works too. what wrong?

Are you sure that you did not delete catalog/includes/application_top.php on your server side? Try uploading the file again. If that dopesn't work check your permissions.

yeas i'm sure! cuz i've restored all back up including application_top.php, and checked permission... and that doesn't solve my problem :(

• 2 weeks later...

I get this mistake, when send the commentary and there is mistake of the formatting the page.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/....../www/..../catalog/gbcomment.php:20) in /home/....../www/...../catalog/includes/classes_gb/comment.class.php on line 176

What reason of this defect? However, commentary is written orderly in the guestbook...

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

• 4 months later...
The message appear when i replay to a message.

______________________________________-

When I write a new comment I get this message before the script load the guestbook again.

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/shopping_cart.php' (include_path='./:/usr/local/share/pear') in /home/s/sensuell/www/butik/catalog/includes/column_right.php on line 13

//Thanks

Did anybody fix this problem? :(

• 5 weeks later...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /opt/guide/www.HELP.nl/HTML/shop/gbcomment.php:20) in /opt/guide/www.HELP.nl/HTML/shop/includes/classes_gb/comment.class.php on line 176

HELP HELP HELP

Edited by The Floor

• 1 month later...
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at xxxxx../catalog/gbcomment.php:20) in xxxxx../catalog/includes/classes_gb/comment.class.php on line 176

quick hack:

look in comment.class.php

at line 176

replace

header("Location: $GB_PG[gbook]");

with

?>
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=<?php echo $GB_PG[gbook] ?>">
<?php

that should do it.

but what bothers me is if a customer is loged in, if he adds a comment, he will be automatically logged out...

hmm

• 1 month later...
No one uses this guestbook?

The same error occurs on the demo page of the author and all other pages with this addon installed.

Seems like a path problem.

Can anybody help?

You can comment out the <!-- right_navigation //--> code like this

<?php //require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

Edited by SunYe

Fan of OSC system.................

Comming From China.............

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been using the advance guestbook on my site for years and now have added oscommerce to my site. I would like to add the guestbook contribution to oscommerce. Is it the same database? B)

www.needlepointbackbay.com/catalog/