• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SQL error relating to Specials Module contribution

olive12b

hi, someone please please help me out here... i have posted this problem before but still haven't got a solution...

i am trying to install the contribution "Specials Module", and encountered this SQL error message.

This is the SQL file I'm supposed to execute:

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` VALUES (6123, 'Specials Module', 'Product Specials Module Options', 50, 1);

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Limit the Scope of Specials Shown', 'LIMIT_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_SCOPE', 'true', 'Show only Product Specials that are under the current category level.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Show Specials on Catalog Page', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_CATALOG', 'true', 'Show Product Specials at the bottom of the Main Catalog Page', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Show Specials on Categories Page', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_CATEGORIES', 'true', 'Show Product Specials at the bottom of the Categories Page. Shown only on pages without a products list also.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Show Specials on Products Info Page', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_PRODUCTS', 'true', 'Show Product Specials at the bottom of the Products Info pages.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Show Specials on Products List Pages', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_PRODUCTS_LIST', 'true', 'Show Product Specials at the bottom of the Products List pages. This is best suited for column/row product list pages.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Product Specials Columns', 'PRODUCT_SPECIALS_DISPLAY_COLUMNS', '3', 'Number of columns to display product specials.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Max Product Specials', 'MAX_DISPLAY_PRODUCT_SPECIALS', '3', 'Maximum number of product specials to display in a category.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

And this is the error message I get:

SQL query: 

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` 
VALUES ( 6123, 'Specials Module', 'Product Specials Module Options', 50, 1 ) ;

MySQL said:  

#1062 - Duplicate entry '6123' for key 1

What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks

And this is the error message I get:

SQL query: 

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` 
VALUES ( 6123, 'Specials Module', 'Product Specials Module Options', 50, 1 );
MySQL said:  

#1062 - Duplicate entry '6123' for key 1

In a default osC installation the configuration_group_id is not higher than 15. Don't you agree then there is the slight possibility that you already executed this sql once before and it is already in the database?

Double posting is against forum rules by the way but bumping also :)

In a default osC installation the configuration_group_id is not higher than 15. Don't you agree then there is the slight possibility that you already executed this sql once before and it is already in the database?

Double posting is against forum rules by the way but bumping also :)

Sorry I'm not familiar with SQL, so I am unsure what the default osC installation configuration_group_id number is. The only other SQl files I have previously executed related to the Purchase without account contribution, and they are as follows:

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD COLUMN `customers_login` VARCHAR(96) AFTER `customers_newsletter`,
ADD UNIQUE INDEX idx_customers_login(`customers_login`);

ALTER TABLE `customers` MODIFY COLUMN `customers_password` VARCHAR(40);

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD COLUMN `customers_dummy_account` TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AFTER `customers_address_format_id`;

and

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Purchase without account', 'PURCHASE_WITHOUT_ACCOUNT', 'yes', 'Do you allow customers to purchase without an account?', '5', '10', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'yes\', \'no\'), ', now());
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Purchase without account shippingaddress', 'PURCHASE_WITHOUT_ACCOUNT_SEPARATE_SHIPPING', 'yes', 'Do you allow customers without account to create separately shipping address?', '5', '11', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'yes\', \'no\'), ', now());

Are the SQl files from the Purchase without account contribution conflicting with the SQL file of Specials Module contribution that I am trying to install? Please advise what I can do to rectify the problem?

Separately, apologies for double posting...I am really desperate for a solution as I have yet to receive any response after previously posting... Also, what is meant by "bumping"? (Please enlighten me before I break another forum rule...)

Many thanks, and I really hope I can get around my SQL problem soon.

Check if configuration group 6123 exists

1) Go to your ISPs admin area for your site.

2) Click on the icon for Mysql, then find the link for phpmyadmin, it might be hidden away at the bottom but not on all admin sites. If you can’t find this, please consult your ISP's help desk.

3) In some cases, you may have to choose which database your OSC tables are located on. If this is the case, please choose using the dropdown box.

4) Click on configuration group on the left column.

5) Click om browse

6) Click on >>

7) If it exists and is for Product Specials Module Options just skip that statement it is already there. If it is for another config value change al the occurances to another unused no and run again

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Check if configuration group 6123 exists

1) Go to your ISPs admin area for your site.

2) Click on the icon for Mysql, then find the link for phpmyadmin, it might be hidden away at the bottom but not on all admin sites. If you can’t find this, please consult your ISP's help desk.

3) In some cases, you may have to choose which database your OSC tables are located on. If this is the case, please choose using the dropdown box.

4) Click on configuration group on the left column.

5) Click om browse

6) Click on >>

7) If it exists and is for Product Specials Module Options just skip that statement it is already there. If it is for another config value change al the occurances to another unused no and run again

hi, thank you very very much for your detailed guidance. After I found "configuration group" on the left column and clicked "browse", I did find "6123" and it is for "Product Specials Module". Then I followed your advice to skip that statement and executed only this:

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Limit the Scope of Specials Shown', 'LIMIT_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_SCOPE', 'true', 'Show only Product Specials that are under the current category level.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Show Specials on Catalog Page', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_CATALOG', 'true', 'Show Product Specials at the bottom of the Main Catalog Page', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Show Specials on Categories Page', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_CATEGORIES', 'true', 'Show Product Specials at the bottom of the Categories Page. Shown only on pages without a products list also.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Show Specials on Products Info Page', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_PRODUCTS', 'true', 'Show Product Specials at the bottom of the Products Info pages.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Show Specials on Products List Pages', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_PRODUCTS_LIST', 'true', 'Show Product Specials at the bottom of the Products List pages. This is best suited for column/row product list pages.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Product Specials Columns', 'PRODUCT_SPECIALS_DISPLAY_COLUMNS', '3', 'Number of columns to display product specials.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Max Product Specials', 'MAX_DISPLAY_PRODUCT_SPECIALS', '3', 'Maximum number of product specials to display in a category.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

Then I got this different error message:

SQL query:  

INSERT INTO `configuration` 
VALUES (

'', 'Limit the Scope of Specials Shown', 'LIMIT_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_SCOPE', 'true', 'Show only Product Specials that are under the current category level.', 6123, NULL , now( ) , now( ) , NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),'
);

MySQL said:  

#1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'configuration_id' at row 1

What do I do now?

Thanks.

What do I do now?

Try changing the "" for the id to NULL:

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (NULL, 'Limit the Scope of Specials Shown', 'LIMIT_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_SCOPE', 'true', 'Show only Product Specials that are under the current category level.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (NULL, 'Show Specials on Catalog Page', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_CATALOG', 'true', 'Show Product Specials at the bottom of the Main Catalog Page', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (NULL, 'Show Specials on Categories Page', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_CATEGORIES', 'true', 'Show Product Specials at the bottom of the Categories Page. Shown only on pages without a products list also.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (NULL, 'Show Specials on Products Info Page', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_PRODUCTS', 'true', 'Show Product Specials at the bottom of the Products Info pages.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (NULL, 'Show Specials on Products List Pages', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_PRODUCTS_LIST', 'true', 'Show Product Specials at the bottom of the Products List pages. This is best suited for column/row product list pages.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (NULL, 'Product Specials Columns', 'PRODUCT_SPECIALS_DISPLAY_COLUMNS', '3', 'Number of columns to display product specials.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (NULL, 'Max Product Specials', 'MAX_DISPLAY_PRODUCT_SPECIALS', '3', 'Maximum number of product specials to display in a category.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

Try changing the "" for the id to NULL:

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (NULL, 'Limit the Scope of Specials Shown', 'LIMIT_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_SCOPE', 'true', 'Show only Product Specials that are under the current category level.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (NULL, 'Show Specials on Catalog Page', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_CATALOG', 'true', 'Show Product Specials at the bottom of the Main Catalog Page', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (NULL, 'Show Specials on Categories Page', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_CATEGORIES', 'true', 'Show Product Specials at the bottom of the Categories Page. Shown only on pages without a products list also.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (NULL, 'Show Specials on Products Info Page', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_PRODUCTS', 'true', 'Show Product Specials at the bottom of the Products Info pages.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (NULL, 'Show Specials on Products List Pages', 'SHOW_PRODUCT_SPECIALS_ON_PRODUCTS_LIST', 'true', 'Show Product Specials at the bottom of the Products List pages. This is best suited for column/row product list pages.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (NULL, 'Product Specials Columns', 'PRODUCT_SPECIALS_DISPLAY_COLUMNS', '3', 'Number of columns to display product specials.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (NULL, 'Max Product Specials', 'MAX_DISPLAY_PRODUCT_SPECIALS', '3', 'Maximum number of product specials to display in a category.', 6123, NULL, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you!

it finally says "Your SQL has been executed successfully"

thank you!! :)