• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CUSTOM COMPUTER CREATOR 7 RELEASED

sw45859

Thanks for this contribution. There have been so many updates to this mod since I began "trying" to implement it to the way that I want it to function that I have created a monster... never-the-less I do really appreciate the updates :wink: .

My challenges:

1. I had to specify a configuration when build.php was called.

2. I need multiple configurations so I duplicated all ccc files per configuration.

3. I needed some way to handle errors before the custom computer is submitted.

4. The price of the basic unit is presented upon intial page entry of build.php?page=1

5. All the proper images had to be displayed as 4 above

6. All the proper components had to be displayed as 4 above

Hey... it's not pretty but I got it to work. After more than 1 month with this monster I only care about making it work.

Please take a look at the site and let me know what you think.

http://www.extreempc.com/southwest/

Thanks

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was... for the layout and javascript (anyone that reads these threads should know that) but once I looked for a way to add stevens upgrades and the ability to preselect a specific configuration it was head scratching time especially since this was my first coding "attempt".

I just want to know if what I have done is a workable solution.

now i am happy, i wanted to see stuff like this evolving from my contribution. make all my work worth while, i also like to see the modifications done to the creator, good job to both the sites posted here i am also happy to see someone is distributing my creator with a full site download. thank you all for using it and for letting me know what you think about it as well and the suggestions i have recieved.

Thanks Again,

Stephen

Hi Stephen

I have been hired to create a top end computer shop, which so far I have done. Loved your build plug in. This was an addition I was not expecting to make but my Client and I where very impressed.

We only have one small need, which I cannot find a way round.

To be able to add easily additional categories such as Back Up Drive or Additional Software etc etc.

Maybe a form in the admin section, which adds all necessary data to the build view, might be something for you to consider.

I am relatively new to PHP programming, though I am happy making changes to the script I am a complete novice when it comes to new programming.

Thanks

Duncan

Hello,

I installed the custom computer creator and everything seems to work fine. But there is one problem. When i configured a system and i want to add it to the cart, ,then i get the error Article not found. The system is not added into the database... I can't seem to solve his issue.

Anyone had this problem also? Or knows the sollution? I only use the dutch language, don't know if that is a problem....

Thanks, zlack

It's easier to remember, then to forget

someone just figured out the problem with the article not found it has to do with the language id when the product is added:

at line 155 in custom_checkout:

$description_array = array('products_id' => $custom_categ,

'language_id' => 1,

'products_name' => "Custom Built Computer",

'products_description' => $message_modified

);

change the language_id to the corrosponding id of the language used in the shop.

Is there anyway that you can fix it so I can choose what products it pulls from a category for items?

Reason being is that I have a category for video cards but offer 20 different ones for sale but the user using this doesn't know the difference between a Geforce 4mx 440 and a Geforce 4 ti4200.

I'd like to be able to pick from 1 to whatever products per category that then get used here.

• 3 weeks later...

Could anybody describe principles of working with this contribution.

i am sorry i could not understand it at all...

• how does it work?

eg. why in the field 'AMD Processor' it shows 'Speed' or 'Speed 2: Cruise Control' etc.

Thank you for advance

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have installed this excellent mod and love it.

I do have a small problem. How do I add more categories to the list? I need to add about 5 more, but cant seem to figure it out. Anyone got any ideas how this may be done?

Thanks

Craig

how do i properly upload the sql file? i copy and paste the code inside the 'execute sql statement' of MySQLTool, the schema browser installed on my webserver, and click execute and it returns with:

"You have an error in your SQL syntax near '; CREATE TABLE ccc ( ccc_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, ccc_catego' at line 14"

i copied & pasted it exactly. is there another way to upload it?

TIA!

I also downloaded the newest snapshot... and newest version of this. I can't get the SQL configured correctly I suppose? Looking in the testdb.sql file, both the "ALTER TABLE" and "CREATE TABLE" statements added with no error, but I get a syntax error when going to add the 3rd segment, "INSERT INTO ccc VALUES..."

Any ideas?? After that, how can I configure the products? TIA!! :D

I also downloaded the newest snapshot... and newest version of this.  I can't get the SQL configured correctly I suppose?  Looking in the testdb.sql file, both the "ALTER TABLE" and "CREATE TABLE" statements added with no error, but I get a syntax error when going to add the 3rd segment, "INSERT INTO ccc VALUES..."

Any ideas??  After that, how can I configure the products?  TIA!!   :D

I have the same problem overhere. I'm using Loaded V5 from phesis.co.uk

How can I tell what directory is being used for what?.. I am guessing that I have to edit and say change those product categories.. but Where do I find out what that category number is...? Saw it once, looked but can't find...

Thomas Keats

www.stormpay.com/?50381OCSF

A signature is something that reflects its user. - The dictionary

The question is not, 'to code, or not to code'

the question is, 'if we do not code, are we really alive?'

-- anonymous

A note to MrTT and others who have experienced the relatively small issue in configuration i posted earlier....

The...

"INSERT INTO ccc VALUES (1, '14', 'Intel MotherBoards');

INSERT INTO ccc VALUES (2, '11', 'Intel Processors');" .....

section, is supposed to be added in one line at a time. i did not know this, i dont know much about SQL, but i figured it out. hopefully others can benefit from such a discovery, as the rest of you b@stards dont help much... thanks again!

Is anyone using this in a multilanguage shop? For some reason it is not seperating the products by the language so I get all version sof the products when you go to select the item.

It's a nice contribution and it works fine except for a few points.

The selection of the computers goes well, when my customers are finished "building" their system and press "submit form" an overview appears with the selected items. This goes well too.

But when they press the "putt in cart" button, they are transferred to the shopping cart. In the cart the total price shows up but that's all. No overview of the items they selected. Not the abillity to erase this item or what.

This problem also happens in the admin section. I get a message that an order is done but I can't see nothing but the price.

The second problem is when they finish their shopping cart and really put in their order. Suddenly the price of the selected system is gone and the only price that's shown are the shipping and delivery costs.

Is anyone aware of this problem?

I used the snapshot from last week and the 2.2MS1

Thnx!!!