• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CUSTOM COMPUTER CREATOR 7 RELEASED

sw45859

cc are you not using it because you don't deal in computers or just don't like the contribution? because if not many people like it i am going to stop working on it and think of another contribution to make.

No, actually we do deal in Overclocking peripherals, but we dont deal in Full PC Config's.

Which is why I have been playing with this, becos maybe one day we might move into that side of business, and as people say the basis of this mod is fantastic for which I commend you on doing such a good job.

But I dont think it should be branded as a working contribution, becos basically it isnt.

What I think should be done is gather a small group of capable developers who can get this working to a decent state. If you dont have time to complete this, and the demand is high, which it appears to be, then open it up to the community to help you develop it.

I find it frustrating that people visit here and ask the same questions as everyone, and yet there is no answer for those questions yet.

The reason for this is becos people think they are downloading a working mod, which it is not.

So my suggestion would be, why not add a new set of files, class the new version as BETA and try to get come heads together to finish this off once and for all.

I mean the mod has been around for a long time, but never worked out of the box, so to speak.

Either that, or people need to understand that they will have to pay someone to finish this mod off, as the answers are simply not on this forum.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the main reason this mod has had alot of problems is my fault, i have been careless in putting everything in the contribution file, as i have had every version working completly with my osc, this last one has been a big jump and i have learned alot about some functions, i will continue to work on it, if you would like to see my new idea, go to http://www.snjcomputers.com/intel.htm , this is an idea i am working on getting done, i have the base down for it just have a few things i have to add and change.

I got to hand it to you Stephen, your committment is fantastic!

If there is one thing that this whole mod shows, is that your staying power on a project is marvelous.

I will as ever play with the code you release.

If I can get it working to some sort of degree I will help in anyway I can to get it working with you, and maybe improve areas that people need.

I am also keeping a close eye on this contribution as for we specialize in custom built systems one of the things i would like to see in this contribution is to have predefined systems where people can make minor alterations and the other is maybe a way to make it impossible to put together a system that would be considered incompatible that would very well make this the best mod out there but i know that is a long way off but that isa what most of us need out of this mod

The only thing you cant do from admin as standard is the rolling live total update, but that wouldnt be hard to do.

I'll show you what we have been doing to address this in the future if we decide to do custom builds, and most of it can be done from Admin too.

Much more impressive than the stock OSC attributes feature tho.

I'm embarassed now.....I remember seeing the option on the vantage site and thinking it was a good idea. I've had another look and your right , it's just standard prod options.

I'm thinking about doing custom builds on a site and other than the updated total, which is a good feature, I think the standard options within osCommerce will suit my needs.

What is the main advantage of the custom computer creator mod when the standard application can provide a solution in an effective manner line the vantage direct site ?

Stephen's mod is far more integrated as a Custom Config tool.

The standard attributes system is nothing more than a way to add options, wheras Stephen's tool with the right tweaking is there to manage the config side by letting you use products already built into your site, by a basic point and click method.

The attributes way is very long winded, it doesnt integrate using the products already in your site, you have to add each option seperately, and it doesnt control stock.

They are actually 2 very different ways.

Saying that we have modded attributes extensively to make it a better tool for this sort of job.

Hey, i just installed this, an di have been searching through all of the thread for an answer, im not sure if i missed it or not. but when i click on the amd build system it diverts to intel build, i did see it mentioned but im not sure what im ment to do to fix it, this is running on MS2, Can someone just explain to me what the problem is and what i need to do to fix it,

thanks

kristofor

Don't die with the music in you!!!

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

This is really getting tiresome now.

You obviously didnt read this thread very well at all!

Otherwise you would have seen me say 3 times (!) this mod does not work yet!

There is no fix.

ahhh ok, i saw something mentioned but i wasnt sure if the problem had been fixed, how long do you expect to take before the next release??

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

hey that is heaps good, everything seems to be working good,

and it adds the computer to the cart properly too.

when will you release this version.

i just added prebuilt systems, i am looking for a way to simplify the product adding to categories, category selection, and all the confusing things, but with alot of options comes alot of confusion, guess i will have to write a tutorial on how to use it. i have been through it and haven't seen any errors, let me know if any of you spot any.

yeh, that looks good with the intel and amd stuff, looks much better than the old version,

what happen to the image feature..?

are you gonna delete the functions..?

I like when people can see the product image after the pick from drop down menu.

-----------------------------------------

Body Kit

Body Kit Forum