• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

asim0s you wrote

well the way the contrib is designed you enter what stuff to show up

thus eliminating the factor you mentioned above

also about the thing with the pictures it picks it up automatically

but what i am talking about is if you have an 800 FSB intel motherboard selected and it is showing a 400 FSB intel processor it isnt going to work that is the incompatibility problem i am talking about

you didnt understood what i meant

what you can do is have in the list only 800fsb mb and only 800fsb cpu's

thats only way i could see to get out of the deadlock

i dont see anyother way

and as far as the pictures i dont have the checkmark.gif pics anywhere.

You do have the checkmark.gif, I think it is in admin/images/icons/

Also I have some requests....

How do I remove

Extended Warranty and Building The Computer selection boxes

How do I......

Show the prices in the selection boxes after the products...

e.g. Windows XP Home 120 dollar

Windows XP Pro 180 dollar

so that it is also integrated in the selection box

It would also be very nice if the prices next to the selected product would be VAT-included.

missing required

It seems that I miss the red required statement in the AMD version of the page, while it is present at the Intel page.

but what im saying is not everyone wants a 800 FSB or 400FSB motherboard and processor i just want to have where people can build a cheap paper weight or a high end system all the other computer creators have that

im not complaining or anything just pointing out how nessesarry it is so maybe it could be something to add to a future version of computer creator

ok the javascript errors for the pictures enabled page is fixed, and the problem with adding to cart should be fixed as well, i am looking into the problem with disabling all required options, although noone should have a computer creator without anything being required, to build a computer the motherboard, memory, and harddrive are the least and absolute least that should be required, if someone doesn't want to buy a motherboard then they will know how to build the computer themselves and should purchase seperate parts from your store instead of the creator. i'll keep you guys posted.

can you keep my posted pls

because it seems we are the only 2 people interested so far :D :P

I'm interested too - i'm not a programmer myself but I have my friend looking into making some mods to this contribution

i.e 400FSB, 400DDR S-ATA motherboards will only be presented with the choice of 400FSB CPU, DDR3200 Memory and SATA hard drives

so far I've installed the CCC contribution and i'm getting the Javascript errors on the build enable images part, after custom checkout "custom computer" is missing from the description field (its just blank) and when looking at the "pending" in the admin it just states "custom build" and not what items where selected.

Has anyone actually managed to get this contribution working??

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Creator of module,

You mentioned on the 9/10/03 that you have fixed the display of images. Can you post the code somwhere so we can update. Or post url.

Another problem I am having apart from the product pictures not displaying is that when I click Pending Builds (Admin>Custom Computer), then click on the customer name, all the information I have is 1x Custom Computer and the price. No details on the parts selected. However it does show up on the customer side when going to order history. Any why to fix this?

okay i have a ? is it possible to add prebuilt computer configuration into CCC7. Lets say i have a prebuilt athlon xp2100 system just generic stuff so when its selected under CCC7 it loades all the default values. Then it gives the user the option to add or delete stuff how he sees fit. If this is possible please let me know. I have added a field called Pre Builts under CCC7. But i cant figure out how to make it referance the data already added. any help would be great.

Another problem I am having apart from the product pictures not displaying is that when I click Pending Builds (Admin>Custom Computer), then click on the customer name, all the information I have is 1x Custom Computer and the price. No details on the parts selected. However it does show up on the customer side when going to order history. Any why to fix this?

did you replace the orders.php with the one in the file, or insert the code that is in the readme for the orders.php

it appears someone has built a really nice one called Custom Combo Creator check it out

http://www.motherboards.com/catalog/ccc.php i havent seen anything like itfully intergrated into oscommerce

That nice feature

Dear Stephen,

Thankyou for the updated java.php... In regards to the products not showing up on the admin side, I forgot to add the code to admin/orders.php.

In regards to what a previous poster mentioned, is it possible to add main shop categories and sub categories to the ccc categories?

I noticed that you replied it was previously that way... It it possible to have both of these insertion of product methods... With the current method, it is time consuming for some categories because of the amount of products that have to be re-entered. Also when there is a price update on main category stock, the ccc products which are the same have to be updated... double time.

Apart from that excellent contribution, thankyou for your hard work!

it appears someone has built a really nice one called Custom Combo Creator check it out

http://www.motherboards.com/catalog/ccc.php i havent seen anything like itfully intergrated into oscommerce

That nice feature

It doesn't seem that this was ever sent as a contrib. Some guys never contrib back the nice features they implement. <_<

It's nice to grab osCommerce and all the work that others make for free but giving back... Well! This is the world we live in. ;)

If someone knows where this nice contribution lays please post back :rolleyes:

B) Lopo

If I helped you, you can help others too.

Search Affero Network. Thanks :)

--

moving mentalities >> fast forward