• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CUSTOM COMPUTER CREATOR 7 RELEASED

sw45859

but the only problem with that is i need to offer a verity of systems in order to be competitive and besides 800 FSB isnt a very popular item that was just an example of the many miss compatible systems you could build

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i am not sure of an exact date, i am trying to get the error reporting to work correctly, which i think will be done here shortly, then i have to get all the modifications together for the invoices and order forms, to show the products chosen, instead of just custom computer, i also am adding an admin section for pending computer builds, so the admin can see what has been ordered from there instead of having to look at the invoices, and it will possibly even have an e-mail that is sent when the system is completed and ready for shipping, but before i release this new one, i would like you guys to give any ideas you may have so i can try and implement some of them, also i am going to try and set up a demo site that will allow you guys to see the creator before you download it, but that will come a little later, well thats all i can think of now on the update.

well it would be nice to have a selection for example predefined computers

what i mean

will have example 4 pcs

low-range,mid range, high-end range, monster range ( beign creative there )

and to predifine from the admin what the specs will be

so what the user will see is like : if you cant decide click here one of the ready ones and it will show up with items chosen from the admin section

i hope i was descriptive enough

i know what you mean and i will try and add that feature, i did get the error reporting done, bad thing is i took the easy road and used javascript, sorry guys, but the other way is a pain in the butt and this way the form won't reset, it'll tell them instantly if there is an error. in the mean time, you can look a little bit at the customer side, mainly just to show the error reporting and a few little changes in the invoices at www.snjcomputers.com/build.php

also just a note here

cause i am a big fan of gecko based browsers firebird,mozilla the javascript seems to have a problem there just making a note here

no big deal though as long as it works in ie im kind of fine with that

ok plugin installed

excellent till now i mean its just perfect

but you forgot one or two things

in admin/includes/languages/english.php you forgot to add

define('FILENAME_CCC','ccc.php');

define('FILENAME_CCC_ADD','ccc_add.php');

:D

also seem to be getting a teb_fetch_array error all the time

here is the actual error

atal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in /home/virtual/site98/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/ccc.php on line 101

till now only this

Edited by asim0s

ok problem fixed here also

in the file

admin/ccc_add.php around the line 101 there is tep_array_merge change it to array_merge

also the same happens is ccc.php aroun the line 99

enjoy

one of the best contibutions

i hope they include it in a later release

:D :D :D :D

Found an odd issue.

It specs up the pc ok, but when you come to check out and click the add to cart button, it just brings you back round to this error page:

www.xxxxxxxx.com/build.php/error/IMotherboard/page/1

Dont matter whether you spec up an AMD system or a Intel system it just takes you there when you click Add to cart.

Too late for me to start finding out why now, but I'll take more of a look tomorrow.

Was it an issue you knew about sw45859?

Has to be a problem with either of custom_checkout.php or shopping_cart.php

I am testing this on an old test site tho, where the old modules/order_details.php file still exists.

But I am sure fixing it will help many ppl on old snapshots of OSC.

Time for bed, will look more in morn.

There appears to be a large number of javascript errors when you get into it.

Also you can easily screw up the entire mod if you play about with the Admin Intel/AMD required options.

Just turning everything to not required creates numerous javascript errors and then no prices are displayed, stopping you from checking out etc.

I have sorted the <form> add to cart button, if you use this way of course.

But not sorted out any javascript errors as yet.

Although I have altered the add to cart button to a form it still will not add the system to the shopping cart.

I'm still working on it...

Late night = Lay in this morning. ;)

Need coffee for long day ahead on this.

Edited by CC

tbh - I am not going to use it, I am just interested in the contribution itself.

I like to test these things out on older snapshots, so I can use them later if need be.

But I do have a tendancy to drift off onto other contributions, so dont hold your breath for me. ;)

i am also intrested in this project.

will there ever be a way to hide incompatible components from showing up cause that is what i need normally people that use the custom build option dont know anything about computers otherwise they would just do it themselves .

also is there a place i can get the pics for the admin area

thanks

i wish it didn't have any of the errors described but all i can do is fix them, that is why i ask for input all the time, so i know when i have missed something in my testing, i will be working on errors described and let you know when i get an update done.

Nobody can say fairer than that.

I havent look at it anymore yet, like I said I do drift a bit.

But I will keep trying to and i'll let you know.

How many ppl use the buy option in form function for search engine friendly options?

In the last minutes changes it states:

ADMIN/FILENAMES.PHP
 define('FILENAME_CCC','ccc.php'); // CustomComputerCreator

I cannot find a filenames.php in my admin folder :S, is this my bad or ain't there one. When I click on the link in the admin screen it says it cannot find the page, but when I type ccc.php I get there. Do you want us to creata a file called filenames.php?

I got MS2 for the record