The e-commerce.

CUSTOM COMPUTER CREATOR 7 RELEASED

sw45859

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i've installed the contrib. but somehow the cpu shows up in modems :?

and as for the rest, nothing shows up :shock:

can someone please tell me how to asign them to catagories AND how to make it so the user can chooe to either build a AMD system or a INTEL cause right now i just got it all on one page

ho and how can choose the order that the lines show up so that cpus are on top, than the MBs, etc.

i've installed the contrib. but somehow the cpu shows up in modems

and as for the rest, nothing shows up :?

can someone please tell me how to asign them to catagories AND how to make it so the user can chooe to either build a AMD system or a INTEL cause right now i just got it all on one page :shock:

oh and how can choose the order that the lines show up so that cpus are on top, than the MBs, etc.

As far as the items in the wrong categories, that's tied in to your "category" settings in the admin. If those aren't correct, than your product listing won't be.

To change the order, you need to edit the code of the contribution. Look through the files, and you'll see which one (I believe it is build.php), you need to edit that page to be able to change the sort order.

Keep in mind, that this contribution is really not up to par with other contributions (in instructions, design, etc...) and it's been acknowledged. So, if you really need it going, you'll have to fix a lot yourself. Or, you can wait until a new one comes out. Or you can make a new one yourself.

i'd love to fix/make a new one

but i don't know php... or anything else for that matter... :?

i just read the posts and copy/paste the bugfixes...

if i can't find i post a msg and pray to god that someone will post a msg so i just need to copy paste :oops:

This contribution might be something you'd want to stay away from - it's full of bugs and errors...

However, just go through build.php - you'll notice a pattern, you'll notice where each "item" shows up - and you can just move blocks of code around.

But, you're better off having people add the components to their cart for a full pc. Yeah, it's sloppy, probably will cause a few order problems/delays, but - hey, it'll work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for all the clearly hard work that has been put into this mod.

I've got everything working fine, but I just need to add some more products to the available options, a common theme that I see others have mentioned several times in this thread already, and while the possibility of a new management feature in admin sounds excellent I'd really like to make this addition to my site sooner rather than later, so I'm happy to try and add the products manually until the new release is available.

I thought I had it all sorted, it looked like a lot of work, but do-able, but I seem to have run into a brick wall, a big wide tall wall with barbed wire!! :)

I've made the additions to the database in both the ccc table and the product table; duplicated the info in build.php, java.php, custom_checkout.php and custom computer.php and changed all the appropriate names in these files.

This has got me to the stage where the additional option shows on build.php and the products show in the product drop down, my only problem is that I appear to have broken the javascript (java.php) I've checked and re-checked but can't see the error so I wondered if anybody that has managed to add aditional products could either give me a few pointers, or better still email me their build.php, java.php, custom_checkout.php and custom computer.php files for me to study further.

Alternatively if anybodies nearly ready to release an update or needs some testing on something they're working on with regard to adding products I'll be happy to help test.

Thanks

Andy

a little update on what is going on with this contribution, the entire thing has just about been re-written,

you will now be able to add more options through the admin interface,

rename current options,

the products will no longer be entered as buyable products in the database

I am also looking at having hidden categories so you can choose what product to use from your store for the build....

thats all i can think of right now, i'll keep you up to date.

In the rewritten version can you select which products you need to be required in the admin?

-Matt

...to a degree... :)

I have a couple of problems with this contrib though.

1. In the dropdown I see 3 times the products I have and that?s because I have 3 languages on my site. How to change the database so only one language is listed (or change the php code)?

2. When I put the computer in my cart and go to checkout (last page) the price shows correctly and there everything seems great. In the mail the customer get?s (will get) there shows the price but the pc configuration (alzo, the coputerparts) are missing. This problem shows also in admin (price but don?t get the parts customer wants).

Any guru with a solution to this?

i noticed a few of you are using one where it defaults to no display pictures. i have tried to do this but not being a php coder i'm not sure where to start. how can i make mine default to no pictures?

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Around line 440 and 447 in build.php change the option in:

<input type=hidden name="pictures" value=1>

to

<input type=hidden name="pictures" value=0>

Do this at both locations to take care of both the AMD and Intel forms and your set.

Now for my question, I am trying to remove the word "required" from the right of both "Video Card" and "Sound Card", I have already removed the checking so it no longer gives an error if these are left blank.

If someone could help me to remove the word required though as I can not find the code that is causing it.

Hi

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for all the clearly hard work that has been put into this mod.  

I've got everything working fine, but I just need to add some more products to the available options, a common theme that I see others have mentioned several times in this thread already, and while the possibility of a new management feature in admin sounds excellent I'd really like to make this addition to my site sooner rather than later, so I'm happy to try and add the products manually until the new release is available.

I thought I had it all sorted, it looked like a lot of work, but do-able, but I seem to have run into a brick wall, a big wide tall wall with barbed wire!! :)  

I've made the additions to the database in both the ccc table and the product table; duplicated the info in build.php, java.php, custom_checkout.php and custom computer.php and changed all the appropriate names in these files.

This has got me to the stage where the additional option shows on build.php and the products show in the product drop down, my only problem is that I appear to have broken the javascript (java.php) I've checked and re-checked but can't see the error so I wondered if anybody that has managed to add aditional products could either give me a few pointers, or better still email me their build.php, java.php, custom_checkout.php and custom computer.php files for me to study further.  

Alternatively if anybodies nearly ready to release an update or needs some testing on something they're working on with regard to adding products I'll be happy to help test.  

Thanks  

Andy

hmmm...

Where have I seen your design before...?

Oh yeh www.novatech.co.uk

Thats a bit naughty init?

You have copied it rather obviously.

• 2 weeks later...
This contribution might be something you'd want to stay away from - it's full of bugs and errors...

However, just go through build.php - you'll notice a pattern, you'll notice where each "item" shows up - and you can just move blocks of code around.

But, you're better off having people add the components to their cart for a full pc. Yeah, it's sloppy, probably will cause a few order problems/delays, but - hey, it'll work

if you say its full of bugs, and i know there are some, why don't you take the time to let people know what they are so they can be fixed, i am working on getting a demo site running with the new computer creator on it, so that the bugs can be seen, just please remember a little help from you guys can help me get alot done on this contribution.

Can I get your layout? lol I love the site listed on your post buttmunch. I too have been trying to get a comp site up and going. can you by any chance send me your catalog file zipped so I can take a look at how you did it? don't worry I won't steal your site. I just want to take a look at how you changed the look around in the coding. my site is:

http://www.comteccustoms.com

just click on the store link. Also have you gotten to work the custom computer contribution if so could ya let me know how ya did it I am getting a funky error...... My index.ph file turns into a html file and then shows at the top of my header?!?!?!?!?!?!?

thanks

sorry but it is a little more complex than that, i do have ALOT of stuff changed with this contribution, and i will let you guys see it once it is half way up and running, but to give you an idea, EVERYTHING is going to be controlled by the admin when i am done, such as adding certian products to intel and hiding them from amd builds, and adding more categories to builds, but that is all i will tell for now, but this next release will be a big one for the custom computer creator, just wait and see.

• 3 weeks later...

hi great job on custom computer creator but i read through all the post and noticed there is a new version comming out. can someone tell me if there is a release date yet or maybe how close it is?

Edited by afterburn25

yes it does look sweet but i wonder if it will have a way to only allow certain products to appearwith certain parts cause as it is all my customers may be building an incompatible system like trying to mix a 400 FSB processor with a 800 FSB motherboard you know what im saying