• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CUSTOM COMPUTER CREATOR 7 RELEASED

sw45859

Benjamin:

Hmm, I can't recall the problem (it's been a while since I've had it)... So I'm just going to be throwing out something which may or may not be correct...

Is the DVD field/category typed in properly? It may not be picking it up correctly from the database due to mistype.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's interesting, do you have a site to view that is experiencing these problems?

That wouldn't make for a good addon if the few people still using those older browsers couldn't access it.

Can you post a link, or PM a link to your build.php so I can check it out.

Josh

Can you tell me which version of each browser you are using? Also, if you do have Internet Explorer, can you verify through that?

I am going to be checking them out with other browsers and report back.

Well, you're right, it doesn't work...

However, the coding itself isn't flawed. Since I do not use *scape products, can you direct me to a form which updates pricing, and works in your browser? This will allow me to compare the code to see what is wrong.

The pricing update DOES work for the bubbles at the bottom (for warranty and build method).

<select name="Tower"onChange="showimage()">

<option price="0" name="images/nosel.jpg" value="Please Select" SELECTED>Please Select

<option price="64.95" name="images/microsoft/imexplorer.gif" value="Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer">Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer

<option price="49.99" name="images/microsoft/msimpro.gif" value="Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro">Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro

</select>

The above code is what is having a problem. I don't know whether or not some of the tags, such as:

onChange calling a javascript function

If you look at the bubbles (for warranty/build):

<input type="radio" name="build" value="0.00" CHECKED onClick=update_build(this.value)>Build Yourself<br>

<input type="radio" name="build" value="60.00" onClick=update_build(this.value)>Have Us Build It

If you notice here, we have onClick's calling the javascript function.

Maybe mozilla-based products don't know how to handle onChange/javascript functions? I don't have any debugger for mozilla, so I couldn't answer that - the best bet is to find a site which updates prices, and check what kind of code they use.

Jas,

If the selected option is changed indeed the javascript function showimage() is called.

Maybe you can take a look at the source on one of the site I posted before (I could post it in this message, but it is a bit long code)

The Netscape debugger doesn't show any javascript-errors.

I'm not very familiar with javascript, I know it has some to do with the variable price and image, the variable value is ok.

I guess I have to rewrite the code to php so all browser can work with the configurator, unless somebody has an answer.

Josh

Looks like I was right, Mozilla/*Scape can't interpret the onChange javascript code correctly...

However, I have found a solution you may want to try:

http://forums.titus2.com/t/2677/

Read the above thread and you will see that they experienced a similar situation, and were able to correct it. Try out their suggestion (which will involve modifying the php code itself to generate the proper html), but, from the final exchange - what they did works.

It's not in the javascript I think. I tried this simple script on IE, Netscape and Mozilla. The second value show undefined in Netscape and Mozilla. Guess Mozilla based prods can not handle more variables with the <option> tag??! Codes looks allright to me....

<html>

<head>

<title>onChange test</title>

<script language="JavaScript"><!--

function setForm2Value() {

var selectedItem = document.formName1.selectName1.selectedIndex;

var selectedItemValue = document.formName1.selectName1.options[selectedItem].value;

var selectedItemValue2 = document.formName1.selectName1.options[selectedItem].value2;

var selectedItemText = document.formName1.selectName1.options[selectedItem].text;

if (selectedItem != 0) {

document.formName2.textboxName1.value = selectedItemText;

document.formName2.textboxName2.value = selectedItemValue;

document.formName2.textboxName3.value = selectedItemValue2;

}

else {

document.formName2.textboxName1.value = "";

document.formName2.textboxName2.value = "";

document.formName2.textboxName3.value = "";

}

}

//--></script>

<form name="formName1">

<select name="selectName1" onChange="setForm2Value()">

<option>Select one:

<option value="1" value2="1x1">1x1

<option value="2" value2="1x2">2x1

<option value="3" value2="1x3">3x1

<option value="4" value2="1x4">4x1

<option value="5" value2="1x5">5x1

<option value="6" value2="1x6">6x1

<option value="7" value2="1x7">7x1

</select>

</form>

<p>

<form name="formName2">

<input type="textbox" name="textboxName1" value="" size="10">

is

<input type="textbox" name="textboxName2" value="" size="10">

is

<input type="textbox" name="textboxName3" value="" size="10">

</form>

</body>

</html>

From reading various issues - Mozilla-based products have problems with onChange events.

That's too bad - for a product that is trying to regain its lost share, to not support a simple activity.

Well, I guess I won't be letting the shopping cart go live after all (because of people that still don't use Microsoft's browser).

If you happen to get it to work, could you please post your code change here (it'd probably only be a simple tag change, maybe even as simple as using an onBlur)

I got it.

A few modifications in java.php and build.php have to be made.

In java.php change all lines:

selectedIndex].pricen";

into:

selectedIndex].getAttribute("price")n";

and lines containing

selectedIndex].name

into

selectedIndex].getAttribute("name")

in build.php change all lines containing:

<?php echo $processor;?>.selectedIndex].name

into

<?php echo $processor;?>.selectedIndex].getAttribute("name")

Joshua

well i am re-writing it for the most part, here is what i am trying right now just in case someone already is trying it and can help a bit, i already have the admin interface to add more categories and change names to the categories, what i need is to have the creator read how many categories there are and assign the correct name and products to that category, any suggestions or tid-bits?

Stephen,

Have you had a look at the logic of the mod of your mod.

In the variation to your contrib - pc creator.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,1135/page,5

You add new categories by simply adding another row to a table in the database.

Just a suggestion. :)

HTH

Neil

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

thatnks for the suggestion i actually got it to do what i was wanting, its coming along well, soon i will have a site set up so that people can see where the progress is at on this contribution i may even add a suggestion box.

I am using the update version from kjun, here's an example:

http://www.pcgatecomputer.com/catalog/cata...talog/build.php

I got most stuff to work but I want to change how it starts on the first page...

When you enter the page, the items are chosen to the last item from categories already. Is it possible to have it showing "Please select" by default ?

Thanks~

a little update on what is going on with this contribution, the entire thing has just about been re-written,

you will now be able to add more options through the admin interface,

rename current options,

the products will no longer be entered as buyable products in the database

I am also looking at having hidden categories so you can choose what product to use from your store for the build....

thats all i can think of right now, i'll keep you up to date.

Stephen...

The current module only allows for two systems, an AMD, and an Intel...

Have you thought about adding multiple systems (Again, this can be in a database - see my post a few weeks back on a possible SQL structure for it)...

It would be great to be able to sell items other than an Intel (or AMD) system - such as servers, and other "configurable" items...

Hi!

I have this Problem:

All works great but there no overview of the items they selected.

This problem also happens in the admin section.

I get a message that an order is done and i see Custom Computer but I can't see the components wich was selected.

Also order mail there only Custom Computer and price but no components like: mainboard, cpu, mem and other. I cant see wich component used User to build PC.

I hope you can understand what I want. :roll:

Please Help! :cry: thx :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

i have installed this very nice contrib and it works great. but only one thing is not good for me. the order emails comes only with custom computer price but i don't know what specify components the user wants from me. is this a little bug or have i make some changes to the code???

sorry for my bad germanenglish..i hope you understood me..

hmm, I get error on build.php page near cd writer area. I cut and pasted sql stuff into phpmyadmin so maybe I screwed up someplace. Here is error message

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND products_price != 0 order by products_name' at line 1

select products_to_categories.products_id, categories_id, products_price, products_image, products_model, products_name, products_description from products_to_categories, products_description, products where products.products_id = products_to_categories.products_id AND products_description.products_id = products_to_categories.products_id AND categories_id = AND products_price != 0 order by products_name

[TEP STOP]