• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CUSTOM COMPUTER CREATOR 7 RELEASED

sw45859

cralyn can you zip your files?

btw, your computer configurator doesn't work. I select everything and then click "submit form" and it returns a page that lists my items and a back button. I goto my cart and nothing is there.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi just 1 little ? the files to up date is the data (php code) to be added or is this a find and replace as your read me file is very unclear on this also dose this work on ms1

:?:

I was saving this, but ive neared completion on a new version of this contribution. I was working on implementing it in its present state into my employers site, but as many of you have found, it is just too much hassle to deploy it straight away and customise it. I decided to spend some time stripping it down to bare code, optimising the functions, and making it much easier to adapt.

Hopefully i should be ready to make my first release this week wed/thur (2nd or 3rd April) but dont hold me to it ;)

Remember Im doing this for me, and in the GNU spirit making what I do avalible for others to help the community, please send any abuse you might think i warrant to /dev/null ta.

Anyway, to look at, my code appears to do the same as the original, however, i can already add new catergories simply by adding another row to a database table using phpmyadmin, depending on time constraints I may make it possible to add catergories from the OSC admin panel, but ill see what I can get done in the time, otherwise that may be in a later release (when i fix all the bugs you wonderful people will be happy to point out to me)

:D

• 1 month later...

Mr_OS:

You can see where the image files go by looking at the source of the build.php page:

includes/languages/german/images/buttons/amd_sys.jpg = AMD System picture

includes/languages/german/images/buttons/intelsys.jpg = Intel System picture

NOCLAN:

Not going to happen unless you can recode it... You'll need to edit a LOT of files, well, not really a lot of files, but you will need to duplicate the code (open up the files and look at the structure)..

If you read some of my earlier posts, I have proposed a solution which would be much easier to use, I just don't have the time to write it. If you know PHP, I would be willing to collaborate on it (I just can't do it all).

Other than that, sorry, you're on your own... Just look at all the files, and you'll also need to edit the SQL statements and the SQL database to modify the categories you need.

Sean:

I believe he wanted to add more categories, not links (i.e. offer more configuration items per system configuration, such as "What RAID card would you like to add?") - I may be wrong, but that's what I took the question to be...

I am trying to create a link in the right or left column that will allow you to select the text or image that would take you to the custom build contribution that I have installed. For example, similar to the Whats New module when selected show the new products. I hope this makes more sense. Appreciate the help.

Sean Mulligan

Misunderstood, I thought you were responding to noclan (didn't see any question marks in your statement to turn it into a question)...

Adding a link can be done in a couple of ways:

1 - Manually edit a PHP file and include a link to the build.php page

2 - Use an add-on contribution that allows for custom links in the side bars (there are a couple that allow for this)

3 - I am not sure about this one, as I stopped using the computer customizer since it's more of a pain than a convenience - there is the ability to make the computer build module tie-in to a specific category (making the category itself link to the build.php pages). I will go back to my installation and see if that's the case. But, in the mean time, option 1 or 2 is your best method.

NOCLAN:

Not going to happen unless you can recode it... You'll need to edit a LOT of files, well, not really a lot of files, but you will need to duplicate the code (open up the files and look at the structure)..

If you read some of my earlier posts, I have proposed a solution which would be much easier to use, I just don't have the time to write it. If you know PHP, I would be willing to collaborate on it (I just can't do it all).

Other than that, sorry, you're on your own... Just look at all the files, and you'll also need to edit the SQL statements and the SQL database to modify the categories you need.

That's what I am doing now, basically I have to edit 90% of the files in order to add one category :wow: ... was seeking for a simple way for lazy people like me... :oops:

Thanks ~

If you're going to redo it all, look back a few pages... I wrote a SQL statement and a proposed design to allow unlimited categories, and unlimited systems...

I'd be glad to discuss it with you.

i am working on recoding just about the entire contribution to allow someone to input in the admin area how many categories and what options. it has been really difficult to get the categories to be duplicated without having to manually edit the code, but i am working on it.

Hello Everyone,

A friend if mine helped me with the install of the CCC Contribution and successfully added extra categories.

However, there is a slight problem with my DVD category. When i select DVD along with other components and proceed to custom-checkout, everthing else, i can see what was selected but only the DVD shows : ARRAY

How do we fix that?

My second question is this:

When i go through the whole process of selecting components add it to my cart and process to checkout success, the custom computer purchased gets stored in my Database and later appears in my shop as a product...

Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Why cant they just get stored in the database and stay there instead of showing in the site shop as a product?

Regards.

Sorry, I can't help you with this since I can't use the module in its current state. But, it may be related to the product field that can be set for it in the administration...

I will get back to you on that.... But, look in the admin screen, there is one setting for the "product category" or whatnot, and I bet it has to do with that... Try setting it to something else and see if your products get moved, if so, then that's it... I would then recommend getting a "hidden category" module, and set it to that category.

Hi,

In the variation to this contrib - pc creator.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,1135/page,5

You add new categories by simply adding another row to a table in the database.

The author has made the custom computors appear in a non-existent category.

(They still show up in ?new items? and ?bestsellers? but you

can't browse to them through the catalogue.)

There is also contrib (I'm told) that allows you to toggle a category on or off.

I think assigning them to a category toggled off is the easy answer.

Otherwise you can manually remove the row from your products table -

in phpMyAdmin.

Or a guru could write a cron job to remove them say once a week.

HTH

Neil

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thank you guys,

I really appreciate you guys for your time and help.

I will try to do what you guys said tomorrow as I am very tired today.

But again thanks and I will let ya'll know when I get done .

Regards,

Benjamin

I am trying to see if I can use this in an interesting way.

I am writing a web site - music. All artists are not contracted and wouldn't mind selling their songs individually.

I am thinking of providing a service that allows customers in my site to choose 10 songs from any artist that allows it and then I ship them a CD with those songs. Could I twist this CCC around to "build" my CD?

Just a crazy thought from left field

Joe

Hi,

Can't see why not.

I'd try the variation to this contrib - pc creator as you

add new categories by simply adding another row to a table in the database.

I imagine you'd be adding new songs all the time. :) :listen:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,1135/page,5

HTH

Neil

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

To: mjpcomp

Jas

Thanks for the Idea regarding creating a hidden category.

I got it to work and seem like the products are now being routerd that way.

Thanks a million.

However, i am still having one lastl problem:

I was able to manually add the categories i wanted (Thanks to Randy N.) but in my custom_checkout my dvd shows ARRAY .

Anyonw nows of a way i can resolve it or why it is doing this?..

This is what happends in my custom checkout.php page:

Listed below are the components you have selected.

Required Items

* Cases ATOP BS-827BLACK

* MotherBoard: BS- ASUS A7V8X- X

* Processor: BS- AMD ATHLON XP 3000+

* Memory: BS-DDR 256MB PC2100 (266MHZ)

* Hard Drive: BS-120GB 7200RPM 8MB BUFFER

* Video Card: BS-AOPEN 32 TNT2 PCI

* Cd-Rom: BS-AOPEN 56X CDROM

* Floppy: BS- BLACK FLOPPY

* Keyboards: BS- MS NATURAL ELITE PS2

* Operating System: BS- MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION [OEM]

Optional Items