B = Boxes

F = Functions

Path

A = /Admin

A_I_B = /admin/includes/boxes

C = Catalog

C_I_F = /catalog/includes/functions

:)

Has anyone figured out how to add extra categories yet? I have got as far as I can with this... The extra categories are shown, products are shown, but when you click on build/submit and all the products are listed except for the new categories. They are shown as "Array"

Any one have any ideas?

Has anyone figured out how to add extra categories yet? I have got as far as I can with this... The extra categories are shown, products are shown, but when you click on build/submit and all the products are listed except for the new categories. They are shown as "Array"  

Any one have any ideas?

I really need extra categoris but no1 has a solution yet...

I have managd to get the extra categories to work. But for some reason cant get them to transfer from the build page to the custom checkout. Im pretty sure its something do do with the variables not being passed to the custom_checkout.php page. If anyone has any ideas let me know...maybe between a few of us we can come up with a solution.

Can not administrate the CUSTOM COMPUTER CREATOR 7.

I Installed the version "v7 Fix" as it is described in the readme.txt

In the admin part I can see Custom Computer, only the Category Number

can be changed.

There is no possibility to add products to it.

Does somobdy have solved this?

Where can it be found?

Further how could the Customer Computer Creator be aktivated or be shown in

the left Category box in the shop?

hope somebody could help me

cu

In the admin part I can see  Custom Computer, only  the Category Number  

can be changed.

There is no possibility to add products to it.

Does somobdy have solved this?

Where can it be found?

This is right!!

You change the category ID to relate to an existing category ID!

This then, will show all products in that category - so therfore, you add products into the category that you set the ID to...

thanks for the infos

thats work fine.

I installed the shop in german and english,

the Custom Computer part will be shwon only in eglish.

How can I change it ?

All the Produkt are shown 2 times because of the german and english version.

Only I can start the Custom Computer by typeing catalog/build.php in the browser.

In which file have I to insert this link or infromation?

I would like to see an link on the left like the one for Category if possible.

I've made all the necessary modifications, but, when I go to the admin site, I receive:

----

Warning: main(includes/boxes/ccc.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/site3/web/adm1n/includes/column_left.php on line 21

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/ccc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/sites/site3/web/adm1n/includes/column_left.php on line 21

----

How do I resolve this?

Thanks

This time, I can't fix it by a manual copy...

After opening up the CUSTOM COMPUTER box in admin, anytime I click a link:

---

Warning: Unknown(/home/sites/site3/web/adm1n/ccc.php): failed to create stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed opening '/home/sites/site3/web/adm1n/ccc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

---

This time, I can't fix it by a manual copy...

After opening up the CUSTOM COMPUTER box in admin, anytime I click a link:

---

Warning: Unknown(/home/sites/site3/web/adm1n/ccc.php): failed to create stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed opening '/home/sites/site3/web/adm1n/ccc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

---

Sounds like you have a permissions problem.

Check the permissions on the file, and try again.

Thomas Keats

A signature is something that reflects its user. - The dictionary

The question is not, 'to code, or not to code'

the question is, 'if we do not code, are we really alive?'

-- anonymous

I just re-uploaded the files, I might have missed one when I re-transferred them...

But, now... looking through the code... Problems:

1: Code is toooooo proprietary (only designed to handle 2 computer systems, with the same product options, except CPU and motherboard)...

Suggestion:

1 - Redesign catalog in the following format:

ID | PRODUCT NAME | CPU_CAT | MB_CAT | MEM_CATEGORY | CD_CATEGORY | OS_CATEGORY, etc...

In this case, different computer possibilites are allowed, for example:

PRODUCT NAME = "Intel-Based computer"

CPU_CAT = Category containing CPUs for this above product

MB_CAT = Category containing motherboard for this product

MEM_CAT = Category for memory, etc...

This way, if you want to have more computers, or, at least, different types, just add a new entry in the database...

If you're thinking what I said above is what is already provided... here would be an example of the database entry...

--------------------

CREATE TABLE ccc_products (

products_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

products_image varchar(64) default NULL,

cpu_cat varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',

mb_Cat varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',

mem_cat varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',

hd_cat varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',

vid_cat varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',

cdrw_cat varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',

dvd_cat varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',

snd_cat varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',

modem_cat varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',

nic_cat varchar(25) NOT NULL default '',

case_cat varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',

os_cat varchar(25) NOT NULL default '',

PRIMARY KEY (products_id),

) TYPE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO products VALUES (1, 'Intel-based computer', 'intel.jpg', '02', '14', '22', '21', '20', '77', '04', '06', '44', '82', '13', '28');

INSERT INTO products VALUES (2, 'AMD-base computer', 'amd.jpg', '03', '15', '22', '21', '20', '77', '04', '06', '44', '82', '13', '28');

-----------------------

So, the builder script will look see the number of products (just count the number of entries), and setup the main menu with the picture (if provided), and the name (the description)...

After clicking, the script will read the rest of the data for that particular product, and pull the items according to what category number it should look at....

This would allow for the use of the hidden categories module (so you can hide the categories for the components so that they don't clutter, but you can also set a different price since it will be integrated into the computer and not a retail product in some cases).

If someone is willing to work with me on this, or is able to do the above...

1 - The computer creator module will allow for ANY type of computer, or, any type of item that needs to be built...

2 - Unlimited number of types with NO script modification (other than that necessary to add the computer build module into osCommerce)

Instead of just an Intel and Amd system... You can offer an Intel low end system, an Intel high end, a brand-name system with custom options, a server, etc... Possibilities are endless.

---

I am willing to help code in any way necessary, but would rather help someone code than code myself... If interested, please post back!

This module has great potential, and the above modification would eliminate the need for repeated code (such as that in the customer_computer.php since you would just need to use LOOPS!)

I have just finished modifying the custom computer...its a huge job if you want to add more categories. I now have 38 categories, all in individual boxes showing different types of products.

If you want to check it out go to http:64.21.169.194/~oscdev/build.php

hi, cralyn , very nice work here.

wondering if it is possible to have your developement site as a zip, i have small problem trying to figure out the inital instruction, the readme file is badly done, it does not tell you which part to replace, just...around line 115 you will notice the changes... which isn't easy if you're not totally an expert in php.

anyway i'm also interested in building a none computer related site which will need the same principle which is to build a product, like building clothes, like t-shirt, pick the type of shirt, arm, neck, etc, then make it and add it into the shopping cart.

anyway, thanks

Would it be possible for me to see your ccc code and sql crayln? Im interested in how you've expanded it.

I'm thinking of expanding this module to be much easier to customise, but it would be good to see what steps you have already taken.

Id be greatful if you'd either host a zip of your source (just the ccc related files) and a backup of your database, or possibly email it too me?

lmk :)

HI,

I have just installed the customer computer mod... works great..

I would like to know if there is an easy way to get the category number of the corresponding catalog category..

ie. At the moment to get the catelog number, i go into my catalog shop and select the hardware category, then move the mouse over one of the categories (ie cdrom), looking at the link info at the bottom of my browser, i can see the category id for cdrom. I can't seem to find this catelog id listed anywhere in the admin module.

Thanks