• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Whats happened here? Has someone redirected my site?

Ausgirl

Hello,

My cPanel is working (checked the login details, nothing sus there), My admin is a 404 error page and when I type in my web addy, it opens up a site that does not belong to me, instead its someones blog. :blink:

Any ideas as to whats happening?

Thanks

You can ask your hosting company to check their logs to see if there is suspicious activity.

Thanks but I tried that, they are updating their support at the moment so I cant get a hold of them just yet, thought someone may have an idea in the mean time.

using livehttp header for firefox shows it is being redirected immediately by a location: header.

It is likely that your .htaccess or index.php has been hacked - restore your whole site (you dont know what other files may have been altered) from a backup and check you set the correct permissions on the files as well as notifying your hosting company to investigate how it was done (suspect cPanel if you use it).

You are both with the same host. If you are on a shared server sometimes sites get mixed. Usually if you are sharing the same temp folder another stores categories show up on your store. I have never seen a whole site disappear. Ask your host to check the code on your site AND the log files to see if your site was hacked.

If it is the temp folder that has caused this ask them to fix their server. If your site was hacked via the other site ask them to fix their server. If it was hacked via your site then fix your site.

The most likely cause of the hack is a failure to update osCommerce 2.2 MS2 with the latest bug fixes and security patches available in the 060817 version. Unfortunately some bright spark decided to remove that version as a download from this site so the manual update files are no longer available from here.

However, you can still download that version from Source Forge at this address:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=602535

It looks like the redirect.php file hasn't been patched which allows anyone to redirect your site to anywhere else they want.

Vger

Hello,

My cPanel is working (checked the login details, nothing sus there), My admin is a 404 error page and when I type in my web addy, it opens up a site that does not belong to me, instead its someones blog. :blink:

Any ideas as to whats happening?

Thanks

If you check the dns entry for your domain name it will show an error in the setup. This is probably caused by your host and they would be the ones to fix it. Assuming a shared server, you wouldn't have any control over that part of it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

My host looked into it and said they fixed it. I still had trouble with it, just a home page, information pages & nothing else, no catagory or product pages, no links.

I uninstalled/deleted the site and the database, then I downloaded the most recent Osc 2,2rc2 and installed that, (also created a whole new database). I must say the install instructions were much easier to follow in this latest Osc.

Now Im rebuilding that and hopefully all will be good now. :)

Its interesting hearing how these things happen, I hope this time its installed properly and all is working as it should.

Archived