• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FedEx only showing Home Delivery

pfilias

For days, I was getting all sorts of options with my FedEx lookups.

Now, it seems that FedEx is only offering Home Delivery? Has anyone seen this happen?

Could it be that my customer has set something up with FedEx behind the scenes to only have that come up based on their login ID and they didn't tell me?

Likely is that your account with FedEx is not authorized to pull Ground rates, and is only offering you Home rates. Contact FedEx to ask if this is true.

Also, be aware that if your "Company Name" field is blank, you will only get Home rates. If the "Company Name" is populated, then you will only see Ground rates. This is normal and expected behaivor. Their are mods available to change this behaivor if desired/

-Dave

• 2 months later...
Likely is that your account with FedEx is not authorized to pull Ground rates, and is only offering you Home rates. Contact FedEx to ask if this is true.

Also, be aware that if your "Company Name" field is blank, you will only get Home rates. If the "Company Name" is populated, then you will only see Ground rates. This is normal and expected behavior. Their are mods available to change this behavior if desired/

I think you mean the "Company Name" in the delivery address right? I am have that same issue and if you simply put "none" as the company name in a delivery address you get ground rates. This seems to be an issue as I do have customers that do this from time to time. This would cause a home delivery address to get ground rates which are much cheaper. I would think the FedEx mod would actually check the address to see if it was commercial rather than rely on someone putting a business name in a box.

Is there a way to fix this?

Edited by OSJS

I think you mean the "Company Name" in the delivery address right? I am have that same issue and if you simply put "none" as the company name in a delivery address you get ground rates. This seems to be an issue as I do have customers that do this from time to time. This would cause a home delivery address to get ground rates which are much cheaper. I would think the FedEx mod would actually check the address to see if it was commercial rather than rely on someone putting a business name in a box.

Is there a way to fix this?

There is no perfect way of doing it

there is a home/resid mod that forces the customer to indicate which, but that is still imperfect as customers who are in the know, will try to get cheaper rates regardless. I just refuse to ship if they are not honest about it until they are contacted and pay the correct rate if money is due. It would be nice if the fedex address checker was part of the modulem but it is not.

-Dave