• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

You can create a main template for the product info page, in includes/sts_templates/full/product_info.php.html and place $categorybox on it. Place $content where you want your product info content template to be displayed.

- Chris

Hmm.... Chris,

I added the $content and my hole site "freaks out"!! The complete site appears one more time inside the first site. Do you understand what I mean?

How come? Have I forgot something else perhaps?

//Jessica

Jessica Fuchs

Hi all again,

I'm looking for ideas on the best way to change specials.php. I know I can make a specials.php.html template but don't know if i can do this:

At the moment I have the 3 products on a row layout for specials.php. I've changed specials.php to sort by name so can always put the special of the day as the first product. I would like to have the first product on it's own line centered and have a larger image and text than the others, that kind of thing anyway. Is this something I can do with STS or should I be looking at just changing specials.php - any idea how hard it would be?

Many Thanks

becki

Hmm.... Chris,

I added the $content and my hole site "freaks out"!! The complete site appears one more time inside the first site. Do you understand what I mean?

How come? Have I forgot something else perhaps?

//Jessica

$content must be placed on the main template, not on the content template.

- Chris

Hi all again,

I'm looking for ideas on the best way to change specials.php. I know I can make a specials.php.html template but don't know if i can do this:

At the moment I have the 3 products on a row layout for specials.php. I've changed specials.php to sort by name so can always put the special of the day as the first product. I would like to have the first product on it's own line centered and have a larger image and text than the others, that kind of thing anyway. Is this something I can do with STS or should I be looking at just changing specials.php - any idea how hard it would be?

Many Thanks

becki

This is not something STS can do at the moment. Your product listing is part of $content and so far there is no content template for specials.php

- Chris

Hi all,

I'm usind $breadcrumbs,

I have categories and subcategories that are not prooducts,

offcourse I made new pages for this categories using bill's great contribution.

The problem is the $breadcrumbs doesn't recognize those categories.

you can see it here:

my site

you can see the subcategory (Switch-x sales) but not the category(ordering)

is there an sts way to solve this?

should I define my categories diffrently?

Regards

switch

well almost ready to roll, got everything the way I want it, just in the test phase at the moment, so what I got from testing is, that when I click on a product and click on the "click to enlarge" it never opens up with the bigger image, the IE7 shows at the bottom left when I click it "error on page" I am using the full folder of STS and was wondering what is up with why it is not showing up...

This is not something STS can do at the moment. Your product listing is part of $content and so far there is no content template for specials.php

- Chris

Ok, thanks - thought that was the case.

I have another question:

I'm using a index.php.html for all pages of the site except for .co.uk/ and .co.uk/index.php for which I have a index.php_0.html.

is there a way of having a template for .co.uk/ but also one for .co.uk/index.php? (keeping index.php.html for the rest of the site?)

The reason I ask is that I have put a button link to a web directory on the index.php_0.html but it is not a secure link (and it can't be). When you log on the site it takes you to the first page of https://.....co.uk/index.php so you get the very off putting non-secure/secure warning. i thought having a template for .co.uk/ with the button on but not on index.php will solve the problem - downside is the button will only be on the .co.uk/

Many Thanks

Becki

After many requests...

STSv4.5.2 and HTCv2.6.3 Bundle has just been released. :lol:

You can find this contribution in the STS4 Power Pack site (see my signature below). If you do not see it there, give the moderators some time to accept (should be less than 24 hours).

Enjoy,

Hi,

I have installed this successfully. Just one thing I want to double check. I have copied all the files over and want to make sure that I should have copied the files header.sql, update_header.....x4 into my catalog directory.

Thanks

Hi,

I have installed this successfully. Just one thing I want to double check. I have copied all the files over and want to make sure that I should have copied the files header.sql, update_header.....x4 into my catalog directory.

Thanks

Once you get the "Database successfully updated" message in your browser, then it is safe to delete the sql files that came with the contribution. Thanks for asking.

Just for clarity...this only applies to those who installed the STS/HTC bundle and does not have anything to do with the STS contribution. HTC makes changes to the database, STS does not. :thumbsup:

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Once you get the "Database successfully updated" message in your browser, then it is safe to delete the sql files that came with the contribution. Thanks for asking.

Just for clarity...this only applies to those who installed the STS/HTC bundle and does not have anything to do with the STS contribution. HTC makes changes to the database, STS does not. :thumbsup:

Many thanks for the confirmation, I have everything installed and working within 10mins - thank you so much!

Can I now go ahead and install the add new pages contribution you told me about previously, do I install the entire power pack or do I just install that and is there any special instruction as I have the STS/HTC bundle installed?

Thanks

Many thanks for the confirmation, I have everything installed and working within 10mins - thank you so much!

Can I now go ahead and install the add new pages contribution you told me about previously, do I install the entire power pack or do I just install that and is there any special instruction as I have the STS/HTC bundle installed?

Thanks

Sorry another question.

I'm trying to edit my template. I am editing the file:

/catalog/includes/sts_templates/full/index.php.html - I have uploaded it but the changes are not reflected.

I have also made the same changes to the default template following your manual - again changes are not reflected.

clearly I'm missing something can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Sorry another question.

/catalog/includes/sts_templates/full/index.php.html - I have uploaded it but the changes are not reflected.

I have also made the same changes to the default template following your manual - again changes are not reflected.

Sorry another question.

Note, if I change the STS Modules settings for Default to use Templates = False and use template for infoboxes = false, I get some of my changes but not all. I thought both of these should be set to true am I wrong?

Hi,

Protx Direct is installed and working on our site but we've found that the error messages on the checkout_payment do not show

up. The box which says Credit Card Error does but is just empty.

Although the error message is appened to the address. I have had this

problem with the discount coupons module as well which was put down to STS. Someone came up with a fix for

checkout_payment.php so that they showed.

Has anyone got STS and Protx installed with the right error messages?! or does anyone know how to get them working?

FYI

The code added before to get Discount Coupon errors to show was:

CODE

<?php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) &&

tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {

?>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr class="headerError">

<td class="headerError"><?php echo

htmlspecialchars(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<?php

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']) &&

tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message'])) {

?>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr class="headerInfo">

<td class="headerInfo"><?php echo

htmlspecialchars($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<?php

}

?>

Many Thanks

Becki

Note, if I change the STS Modules settings for Default to use Templates = False and use template for infoboxes = false, I get some of my changes but not all. I thought both of these should be set to true am I wrong?
Paula, for STS/HTC, you should have the following settings in the Default Module:

sts452defaultsettings.gif

You should have the following settings in the Index Module if you want to use index templates:

sts452indexsettings.gif

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Becki,

Do get STS to ouput error messages for other contributions is usually handled by making the fix below.

This STS fix should solve problems with any contribution that is supposed to display error messages during checkout (including Authroize.Net, Discount Coupons, Gift Vouchers,etc.):

In your catalog/includes/classes/sts.php,

Find this:

// Add messages before the content
if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {
  $this->template['content'] = $messageStack->output('header') . $this->template['content'];
}

And Replace it with this:

// Add messages before the content
if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {
  $template['content'] = $messageStack->output('header') . $template['content'];
}
////////Start Error Messages - Bill Kellum modified version of Tom Wojcik code for use with STS 4x
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {
$messageStack->add('error_message', $HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']);
$this->template['content'] =  $messageStack->output('error_message') . $this->template['content'];
}
////// End Error Messages

I really think this will work for you. Please let me know.

Also, see this post if the above does not work for you:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1072621

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I think my popup window is showing correctly but I now want to add more images. How do I do that?

Also I have added $back $next and $count to my popup windows but this isn't showing. Any clue why?

Is this because I haven't got several images yet?

Best regards

Jessica

Jessica Fuchs

Lotti, you may benefit from the "Add New Pages Using STS" contribution that could be downloaded from the STS4 Power Pack site (see link in my signature below). You can either use/follow the example given in that contribution.

Hi,

I think I didn't explain what I'm trying to do fully. I am building a website. The ecommerce side is part of it. I want to have a normal website, then be able to link through to the e-commerce website as I don't want to have all the shop bits on the rest of the site.

Is this possible and how do I do it?

I.E - home page is not an e-commerce page, how do I link to it and how do I link to the shop from my home page?

Thanks

Hi,

I think I didn't explain what I'm trying to do fully. I am building a website. The ecommerce side is part of it. I want to have a normal website, then be able to link through to the e-commerce website as I don't want to have all the shop bits on the rest of the site.

Is this possible and how do I do it?

I.E - home page is not an e-commerce page, how do I link to it and how do I link to the shop from my home page?

Thanks

Paula, yes this can be done and is quite normal. You would want to create your osCommerce files into a "shop" directory or "catalog" as it is known to be called. Create a link in your website as you would any other web link to that "shop" directory. You could either link to the directory or to the directory/index.php file, it would go to the same place.

Now, inside the "shop" directory, you could have a "shop homepage". This would be your STS Template "index.php_0.html" page. This is optional of course. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

well almost ready to roll, got everything the way I want it, just in the test phase at the moment, so what I got from testing is, that when I click on a product and click on the "click to enlarge" it never opens up with the bigger image, the IE7 shows at the bottom left when I click it "error on page" I am using the full folder of STS and was wondering what is up with why it is not showing up...

Tom, you may have edited a file in your shop from another contribution dealing with products that is causing your problem. I do not see this as being STS related unless you are using the popup image template and may have added some php coding that is causing your problem.

To help rule out your template as being the problem, do you have the required STS code in your templates that pull in the JavaScript needed for the function of the popup image? Review the blank_sts_template file that came with the contribution to see if you have all of the required code.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Paula, yes this can be done and is quite normal. You would want to create your osCommerce files into a "shop" directory or "catalog" as it is known to be called. Create a link in your website as you would any other web link to that "shop" directory. You could either link to the directory or to the directory/index.php file, it would go to the same place.

Now, inside the "shop" directory, you could have a "shop homepage". This would be your STS Template "index.php_0.html" page. This is optional of course. :thumbsup:

Fantastic

Thanks!

Hi,

I am attempting to use css and have a few questions.....

What do i need to do to add to the code in sts_template.html to include my css sheet?

Thanks

Becki,

Do get STS to ouput error messages for other contributions is usually handled by making the fix below.

This STS fix should solve problems with any contribution that is supposed to display error messages during checkout (including Authroize.Net, Discount Coupons, Gift Vouchers,etc.):

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the information, the fix you had posted didn't seem to work for Protx and also didn't work for Discount Coupons? Seems strange if it does work with others?

I followed the link to the thread you'd put in, is it just a case of putting:

$sts->template['error'] = '<span class="headerError"><b>'. $HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'].'</span></b>';

into sts/general.php and then putting $error$content into my template?

Many Thanks again

becki

Hi I have following problems with the STS Template System:

I installed the latest OSC version and everything worked fine. Because I want a way to have an easy template system I found out that STS was probably one of the best and easiest.

So I installed it but now if I click on a category or article in the shop it just shows the main start page. If I click on an article like in the new products field, it tells me it can't find the product.

Any idea what I did wrong, or do I have to change something now?

Hi I have following problems with the STS Template System:

I installed the latest OSC version and everything worked fine. Because I want a way to have an easy template system I found out that STS was probably one of the best and easiest.

So I installed it but now if I click on a category or article in the shop it just shows the main start page. If I click on an article like in the new products field, it tells me it can't find the product.

Any idea what I did wrong, or do I have to change something now?

It sounds like you tried installing some other contributions that are causing the problem. If the contribution created a new infobox, then you will need to create a STS tag for it, otherwise STS should pick up any pages that were created in the proper osC manner, meaning the correct defines and functions were populated in the proper php files.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions