Latest News: (loading..)
rigadin2

[Contribution] STS v4

There's this guide to themes. It's a bit out of date, but still generally correct. If you want the latest version, read the manual in the Theme Switcher download below. You can also use Theme Switcher to change themes from your admin panel.

The documentation included with osCommerce is a bit out of date as well. The left and right column files are gone; you install the boxes in those columns under Modules in your admin. Header tags are also installed there, and there are more modules available in the Addons section.

osCommerce is moving towards a template/module system, it's just not quite there yet.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

@@TracyS

Why don't you start a new topic with a drawing/image/mock up of what you want to achieve and the question how to do it?

Would be a interesting topic I think and something like a design guide for all people with the same question

I have also a post with some tips and ideas on my blog

Regarding MTS - that can't be discussed here, so I can't answer to your comments - why don't you simply get in touch? :)

There is also a very good e-book available, forgot to mention this before. All in all, there are many solutions, guides, posts etc available. STS worked well in the past, I've been using it my self, but things are changing

Thank you everyone for your help. I will be reviewing your suggestions probably over the weekend and let you know what I come up with for a solution :-)

~Tracy

Ok - I bought the e-book and am doing what should be a simple change. But for some reason the body area of my page is not falling below the div's on the header area.  You can visibly see it here: tcdataweb.com/KKTestSite/

There is no change in catalog/includes/template_top.php

The catalog/includes/header.php file now looks like this:

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {
    echo '<div class="grid_24">' . $messageStack->output('header') . '</div>';
  }
?>
<div id="header" class="grid_24">
  <div class="grid_6 alpha"><div id="storeLogo"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></div></div>
  <div class="grid_12"><div id="slideshow"><?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'slideshow.php'); ?></div></div>
  <div class="grid_6 omega"><div id="headerShortcuts">
<?php
  echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS . ($cart->count_contents() > 0 ? ' (' . $cart->count_contents() . ')' : ''), 'cart', tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART)) .
       tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT, 'triangle-1-e', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL')) .
       tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT, 'person', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
    echo tep_draw_button(HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF, null, tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'));
  }
?>
  </div><script type="text/javascript">
  $("#headerShortcuts").buttonset();
</script></div>

<div class="grid_24 ui-widget infoBoxContainer">
  <div class="ui-widget-header infoBoxHeading"><?php echo '  ' . $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></div>
</div>
</div>

<?php
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
  <tr class="headerError">
    <td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(stripslashes(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']))); ?></td>
  </tr>
</table>
<?php
  }

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message'])) {
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
  <tr class="headerInfo">
    <td class="headerInfo"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(stripslashes(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']))); ?></td>
  </tr>
</table>
<?php
  }
?>

Am I missing something totally obvious here?  Or is 2.3.4 different enough from 2.3.3 that the eBook isn't quite up to date enough?  This appears to be simple enough instructions but apparently I've messed it up somehow - LOL

Any input is appreciated :-)

~Tracy

The header class is set to a height of 60 pixels in the stylesheet, so your logo and slider are both overflowing. Try using Firebug in Firefox, or the site inspector in Chrome, to find the styles that apply to a given element. It saves a lot of time.

Regards

Jim

Ahhh! Yes - Firebug, forgot about that - thank you! I knew it must be a style sheet setting somewhere!  Thank you very much!

~Tracy

Hi guys - not sure what thread to post this in, but since it's along the same lines as my other discussion here I figured I'd add it here as well.

I have got quite a bit accomplished on changing the look/feel of a stock osC site and adding modules and such, but I am not finding two bits of coding info that would really help me.

1. In header.php I have a slideshow that I only want to show on index.php - no other pages need to have this. How do I tell it to only show on index.php? Currently I borrowed this bit of code - but I have found the slideshow still shows up on product pages in product_info.php - anyone have the right code to only show if the current page is index.php?

<?php
  if ($category_depth != 'nested' && $category_depth != 'products') {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'slideshow.php');
 ?>

2. Underneath of the slideshow I have created links - 3 of these links go to products on product_info.php.  I have tried modifying code from product_listing.php

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">

To something like

<a href="<?php ' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ('cPath=26' . '&' . 'products_id=42') . ' ?>">

But I get the following error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'cPath' (T_STRING) in ....catalog/includes/header.php on line 80

I have tried putting a dollar sign in front of cPath and products_id and I get this error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$cPath' (T_VARIABLE) in .....catalog/includes/header.php on line 80

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here? I haven't had to create a link this way in over 4 years and then it was in STS which was different as well.

PS - I have also tried using <a href="<?php ' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '?>"> for a contact us link on the index page outside of the information box, and it doesn't load anything - the source code shows <a href=" ">  ?

If anybody has answers to either of these two issues it would be greatly appreciated :-)

Edited by TracyS

~Tracy

1. Try this:

<?php
  if ( $PHP_SELF == 'index.php' && $current_category_id == 0 ) {
  }
 ?>

2. And this:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'cPath=26&products_id=42'); ?>">

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

THANK YOU!!!

Beautiful!! :-)

~ Tracy

1. Try this:

<?php
  if ( $PHP_SELF == 'index.php' && $current_category_id == 0 ) {
  }
 ?>

2. And this:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'cPath=26&products_id=42'); ?>">

Regards

Jim

~Tracy