rigadin2

[Contribution] STS v4

Hi,

I have my web still on localhost. Everything seems to work fine in Firefox and IE6.

In Opera, pages load a lot faster than in Firefox (I can´t imagine why). But it looks like they load so fast that sometimes I can see the page before the sts template loads.

Usually the top of the page and the left column stay (or at least it seems that they don´t load again and again), but every 5 - 20 clicks the whole page gets refreshed and I see what I am not supposed to see. The page has white background, buttons or menu are just underlined hyperlinks. It is just for a little moment, then the template appears. But it does look really bad. :'(

Do you know why this could happen please? Or is it normal behavior of Opera? It doesn´t depend on what I click on, it is totally random. And sometimes it is three times in row, sometimes just once in a while.

And one more question: the product_info.php is refreshed every time from top to bottom in IE6. In Opera and Firefox the top of the page and the left column stay. Is it IE problem? Can I do something about it please?

Thank you very much for any tip.

I'm having a problem with the admin side that I can't figure out. I've narrowed it down to STS - meaning it works without STS and the only contribution I installed is STS and it has this problem.

My site worked fine on my local host - wamp server, Apache 2.2.11 (win32), php 5.2.11, and mysql 5.1.36.

My ISP is using Apache 1.3.41(Unix), PHP 5.2.6 and mysql 5.1.45.

Once I upload, the site admin/modules shows the modules I've installed but does not allow me to configure them. It has the install button and when pressed - looks like it is trying to process but nothing happens. The directory location for the module is shown in the center part of the screen.

I have started from a fress install twice now - works fine locally and when I move to the ISP - it dies. I have checked the permissions, directory structure, etc. several times and had my ISP check them. All seems ok. On the last fresh install it works with just OSc 2.2 and when I add in STS it has this problem.

My ISP is telling me that it is an issue with fastCGI. I'm not a php person so I would not know how to look at that. Has anyone else experienced this and have any idea how to solve it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm having a problem with the admin side that I can't figure out. I've narrowed it down to STS - meaning it works without STS and the only contribution I installed is STS and it has this problem.

My site worked fine on my local host - wamp server, Apache 2.2.11 (win32), php 5.2.11, and mysql 5.1.36.

My ISP is using Apache 1.3.41(Unix), PHP 5.2.6 and mysql 5.1.45.

Once I upload, the site admin/modules shows the modules I've installed but does not allow me to configure them. It has the install button and when pressed - looks like it is trying to process but nothing happens. The directory location for the module is shown in the center part of the screen.

I have started from a fress install twice now - works fine locally and when I move to the ISP - it dies. I have checked the permissions, directory structure, etc. several times and had my ISP check them. All seems ok. On the last fresh install it works with just OSc 2.2 and when I add in STS it has this problem.

My ISP is telling me that it is an issue with fastCGI. I'm not a php person so I would not know how to look at that. Has anyone else experienced this and have any idea how to solve it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Are you simply transferring the local site to the remote site? What version of osC are you using? Is it the same version on both sites?

This appears to be nothing more than a bad FTP transfer. Try uploading all of the files again or change FTP client software.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Are you simply transferring the local site to the remote site? What version of osC are you using? Is it the same version on both sites?

This appears to be nothing more than a bad FTP transfer. Try uploading all of the files again or change FTP client software.

Hello Bill,

This is a clean upload - meaning I'm startting from an empty directory. I delete everything out when I reload. Everything else works properly. I am not using the hosts version of osC. Normally I load osC from this site and install it - then load up the changed files. Everything appears to be in the correct place and when you view it from Filezilla or the host file manager they appear to have the correct code in them. If I load osC wihout any contributions- the module functions work correctly. When load the changes for STS - they stop working.

My particulars are -

FTP software - Filezilla 3.3.4.1.

osC is 2.2 RC2a

PHP is 5.2.14

MySQL is 5.1.45

I will try in the morning using the hosts File Manager FTP software. I have reloaded dozens of times now so I'm not sure if it is a bad file upload. I may have a bad file but which one? I get no errors in the server logs when this happens. Unfortunately- it prevents me from configuring shipping so I can't complete a checkout on the site.

Thanks again for your help.

Hello Bill,

This is a clean upload - meaning I'm startting from an empty directory. I delete everything out when I reload. Everything else works properly. I am not using the hosts version of osC. Normally I load osC from this site and install it - then load up the changed files. Everything appears to be in the correct place and when you view it from Filezilla or the host file manager they appear to have the correct code in them. If I load osC wihout any contributions- the module functions work correctly. When load the changes for STS - they stop working.

My particulars are -

FTP software - Filezilla 3.3.4.1.

osC is 2.2 RC2a

PHP is 5.2.14

MySQL is 5.1.45

I will try in the morning using the hosts File Manager FTP software. I have reloaded dozens of times now so I'm not sure if it is a bad file upload. I may have a bad file but which one? I get no errors in the server logs when this happens. Unfortunately- it prevents me from configuring shipping so I can't complete a checkout on the site.

Thanks again for your help.

Hello Bill,

I've tried using another FTP software and have done this 3 times this morning. I have the same issue. Any other ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Steve

hello,

back again hopefully this time after i post i'll figure it out again.

Having one issue with the year make model contribution working with sts, not sure which or who is at fault to be honest. Here is what is happening. When I only had a few year make models into the db everything was fine. Now it will not load the next drop down. My question is when I have the following code in my sts_user_code.php :

$sts->start_capture();

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'year_make_model.php');

$sts->stop_capture('ymm', 'box');

does it only run the script once then shut it off? do I need to add something so that it can reload the script when something is selected from the drop downs?

I am sorry if this is a silly question, I am very new to php any help would be appreciated.

I'm getting an error when I try to access orders.php on my admin page:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in []/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in []/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30

I've searched for the problem and I understand that what "should" be the error is that I've replaced my admin/includes/language/english/orders.php with the admin/orders.php file--but that's not true. None of my language files have any non-declarative code in them at all.

So, any other reason I'd be getting this error? Is there another way to track where the error is coming from (i.e. what's recalling compatibility.php)?

I'm getting an error when I try to access orders.php on my admin page:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare do_magic_quotes_gpc() (previously declared in []/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php:18) in []/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php on line 30

I've searched for the problem and I understand that what "should" be the error is that I've replaced my admin/includes/language/english/orders.php with the admin/orders.php file--but that's not true. None of my language files have any non-declarative code in them at all.

So, any other reason I'd be getting this error? Is there another way to track where the error is coming from (i.e. what's recalling compatibility.php)?

Solved my own problem. It wasn't the orders.php file but the admin/includes/classes/order.php that had been incorrectly copied. It was ruining my Purchase Without Account, too! Glad I found that.

Hello Bill,

can I add a different ID to body tags of different pages? Like this: <body id="home"> and <body id="contactus"> I need it for my menu to work properly.

I added the code to index.php and contact_us.php and it works if the template is turned off. How can I possibly make it work with the template turned on please?

Thank you very much

Just in case it hasnt been covered I posted a fix all for FWRS meta and conical tag contrib.

However, I cant seem to get the popup image to work correctly.

Thanks

Eric

Keep up on osCommerce changes and updates at

Github | Understand osCommerce a little further at OsCommerce Documentation | Copy and paste your error message in Google add "in osCommerce" at the end to get relevant answers to most issues.

I prefer horizontal menus - so $hlist works brilliantly for me.

What I'd like to do is to have an "$hlist2" which does the same for level 2 categories and is invoked by clicking (or mouseover) on items in $hlist.

Has anyone achieved this?

I have installed STS 4 and am using the $hlist tag for he horizontal menu but am now looking to display a subcategories drop down when the main category is clicked on. I thought I saw a snippet of code to edit the headcata.php file to do this. can anyone point me in the right direction? I have searched to no end and cannot for the life of me fine it again:(

thanks

Has anyone managed to get the Product Reviews to display underneath the Product Description when using the product_info.php.html template?

I can't figure it out.

Hello,

I have gone through the installation file for sts 4.6 thoroughly. I have uploaded all the sts files, and have made the necessary changes to all the php files as described by the installation file. Yet when I load my admin page the sts module does not appear in the modules box as shown by the installation file.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Note: I'm using osCommerce 2.2rc2a-6. And I downloaded the latest sts module, 4.6.

Thanks

Eamon

Problem Fixed -- sorry for wasting time, I missed changes to one file...obviously didn't go through it as thoroughly as I thought!

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has gotten 4.6 to work with article manager1.57 I added the sts_start capture and so on...

It almost works but not quite yet, still trying though

Thanks

Eric

Keep up on osCommerce changes and updates at

Github | Understand osCommerce a little further at OsCommerce Documentation | Copy and paste your error message in Google add "in osCommerce" at the end to get relevant answers to most issues.

Hi guys, I recently made a fresh install of OSC v2.2 RC2

Then I installed Slimbox /a lightbox visual clone - as included in Fancy Pics contribution/

Worked OK, but when I installed STS 4.6_1 - popups /click to enlarge/ are a little messed up.

Details: STS settings:

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Base folder

includes/sts_templates/

Template folder

freeosc_061

Default template file

sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes

true

Use template for index page

true

Files for index.php template

sts_user_code.php

Check parent templates

true

Popup image and Product info are OFF.

There are no other modifications/installs done.

Example here: http://aristo.bg/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1_8&products_id=25

The popup appears down left - not in the page center and is broken in two parts, also background doesnt fade.

Seems like Slimbox is working, but with some error, any advice please?

PS: When I turn off STS - Slimbox works again great as before I installed STS.

Edited by orlin55555

^ Any ideas about my issue? Bump :blink:

Bumping is against the forum rules, please don't do it. Most possible your posts will be ignored if you keep on doing this

However, the issue is that the path to the lightbox.css is wrong

<link rel="stylesheet" href="lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen">

Check where you have the file located and correct the line

I just installed a fresh copy rc2 and STSv4.6.

I am trying to use the shopping cart count that I had used in my previous install but I get a fatal error now and cannot figure it out.

the code to get the shopping cart count:

<?=$cart->count_contents()?>

the error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function count_contents() on a non-object in /home/content/t/e/c/techgeeks/html/catalog/includes/sts_templates/multiple/header.php.html on line 30

thanks