• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hey Bill & others,

Been using osC for a number of years. When I first installed it I waded my way through much of the main code and hacked my own site design. Anyone who has done this knows just how flippin much work that is! This being said I'm very comfortable around the code, editing commands, changing permissions, etc.

I just downloaded and installed a clean copy of osC 2.2ms2-060817 tonight. Once installed I figured I'd give your templete contrib a try instead of hacking the code all over. I downloaded and installed the current STS 4.2 contrib. No other code changes were made to the original code before installing STS.

My problem now is when I refreshed the mainpage of the site theres nothing, zip, nada. Looking at the loaded code from Mozilla all I see is the following html code:

<html><body></body></html>

From the admin panel I can disable "Use Templates", refresh and the site loads again. I DO see that HTC was installed and working fine. I've gone back twice now making sure all files were properly copied. Everything looks like it should but still not working.

Has your latest STS 4.2 been tested with the newly posted 2.2ms2-060817 code? Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks!

Ohh also I found a small spelling error in the Install_ReadMe_First.doc. On page 2 where you explain the permissions you mistyped the word languages.

? catalog/includes/lanquages/english/header_tags.php

should be

? catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

:-)

I fixed it!

It's always something simple, yet it is always so hard to find your own simple mistakes....it's a bit like proof reading for yourself, it just doesn't happen.

Thanks for everyone's replies. I'm sure I will be back with my next stupid question soon :rolleyes:

OK well thinking that I must have done something wrong I rm -rf 'ed the public_html directory, wiped the database and reinstalled both the osC 2.2ms2-060817 code and then STS 4.2. Still have the same issue. Just a blank page when its enabled.

Has anyone else done a fresh clean install and got it working?

At this point I'm stuck as I dont want to bother installing anything else until this is resolved.

OK well thinking that I must have done something wrong I rm -rf 'ed the public_html directory, wiped the database and reinstalled both the osC 2.2ms2-060817 code and then STS 4.2. Still have the same issue. Just a blank page when its enabled.

Has anyone else done a fresh clean install and got it working?

At this point I'm stuck as I dont want to bother installing anything else until this is resolved.

Isn't that an issue with gzip compression? If it's on (via php.ini) turn it off. If it's off, turn it on.

In htaccess

# Directive to ensure gzip works properly

# php_flag zlib.output_compression On

# Optionally compression level

# php_value zlib.output_compression_level 5

HTH,

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Yes! :thumbsup: Actually it wasn't in the .htaccess file though but under Admin > Configuration > GZip Compression. It was enabled there. Thank you!

So STS will not work with Compression enabled?

Also I was wondering if there were any repositories/collections of STS templetes around. Any pointers? Thanks again. :D

Yes! :thumbsup: Actually it wasn't in the .htaccess file though but under Admin > Configuration > GZip Compression. It was enabled there. Thank you!

So STS will not work with Compression enabled?

Also I was wondering if there were any repositories/collections of STS templetes around. Any pointers? Thanks again. :D

Yes, STS will work with GZIP but you will need to take it down a bit or tweak the code. I have a patch available (line of code) if you really need GZIP.

Also, I do not have them available yet, but I am working on some templates that I will post when completed.

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I fixed it!

It's always something simple, yet it is always so hard to find your own simple mistakes....it's a bit like proof reading for yourself, it just doesn't happen.

Thanks for everyone's replies. I'm sure I will be back with my next stupid question soon :rolleyes:

Amanda, what was causing your problem? And what did you do to fix it?

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Yes, STS will work with GZIP but you will need to take it down a bit or tweak the code. I have a patch available (line of code) if you really need GZIP.

Also, I do not have them available yet, but I am working on some templates that I will post when completed.

Bill Kellum

Ahh OK. I'll enable it tonight @ level 1 and go up from there and see what happens. I think it was set to 5 by default. Thanks!

Bill Kellum

Hi Bill,

I was able to get gzip functional by setting zlib.output_compression On in my php.ini

Previous versions of STS (2.0.1) didn't require that to set GZIP true in the osC admin.

Not sure what that indicates code wise but I hope it's a clue.

Iggy

Hi Bill,

I was able to get gzip functional by setting zlib.output_compression On in my php.ini

Previous versions of STS (2.0.1) didn't require that to set GZIP true in the osC admin.

Not sure what that indicates code wise but I hope it's a clue.

Iggy

Iggy, I like the solution you gave earlier:

zlib.output_compression = On

either in your php.ini or via a .htaccess file.

At the top level of your .htaccess file put the following:

php_flag zlib.output_compression On
php_value zlib.output_compression_level 5

This should give site wide compression.

Hope this helps, Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi again,

I was trying to put my adapted template into the index.php section and I have ended up getting an error across the top of the page.

If someone could take a look the site is www.hanaadult.com and I have three lines of text at the top :(

Sorry I should have put www.hanaadult.com/index.php

Thanks!

Amanda, looks like you missed some files in the upload process. You need catalog/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php.

Check all of your files and folders to make sure you did not miss anything else.

Hope you get it going,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I found out what the nature of my problem was, though not the exact cause. I was able to switch "Use templates" to "true" by telnet'ing into the DB and updating it by hand. I still don't know why the command doesn't work from admin/modules.php, but at least I have a workaround.

I'm getting the following warning (error?)when I set the default STS module to true or make any change in it...

"

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/monito/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 54

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/monito/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php:54) in /home/monito/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

"

Bottom line I'm stuck????

Any help appreciated...

Thanks,

Monito

Anouncing:

tableless_CSS version 2 is an entirely revised upgrade to the previous version of tablessless_CSS intended to work with any version of STS . It is a two column CSS layout which can be modified to three columns. Install instructions for STS V 4.1 and higher: takes 5 minutes.

see a demo at http://www.outprize.com/index.php?sts_template=tableless_CSS

Get it here tableless_CSS

enjoy

Edited by avail1now

I love this contribution, it makes designing so much easier, however, I am having a bit of an issue with the product template portion. I'm not even sure I need it, that's how confused I am.

What I am working on is located here Example

the area that contains the large box in the middle with the cd, is where I would like the products to be located, we only have 6 and I want them to be 3 to row in that center area with their pictures and such, but I'm unsure how to accomplish that with this system. I have a product template created but I don't know how to get my template page to read it instead of the new products for whatever month....

I hope this made sense....any help would be greatly appreciated...

Anouncing:

tableless_CSS version 2 is an entirely revised upgrade to the previous version of tablessless_CSS intended to work with any version of STS . It is a two column CSS layout which can be modified to three columns. Install instructions for STS V 4.1 and higher: takes 5 minutes.

Good Job Dino!!! I will include this as an option in STS v4.x.

Thanks for the effort, Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I'm getting the following warning (error?)when I set the default STS module to true or make any change in it...

"

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/monito/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php on line 54

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/monito/public_html/catalog/admin/modules.php:54) in /home/monito/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

"

Bottom line I'm stuck????

Any help appreciated...

Thanks,

Monito

Monito, you may have added the wrong file information in the "Files to Include" section in the Admin/Modules/STS/Default as well as in the Admin/Modules/Header Tags section.

-Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I hear that Credit Class & Gift voucher in both flavors install is a bear when u have STS. If you have integrated contribution CCGV contrib # 282 or CCGV(trad) contr # 4135 , plz chime in on how it went? any traps, mines, etc. to look for ?
any takers here ?

I hear that Credit Class & Gift voucher in both flavors install is a bear when u have STS. If you have integrated contribution CCGV contrib # 282 or CCGV(trad) contr # 4135 , plz chime in on how it went? any traps, mines, etc. to look for ?

any takers here ?

I'll pipe up. Here's a list of contribs I have installed:

Admin_Access_22a.zip

AuthorizeNet_AIM.zip

CCGV5.16.zip

CreditCardMask.txt

DropDownButtonInShoppingCart.zip

EmailConfirmationField.txt

FeaturedProducts_v1.5.5.zip

Fedex_Direct_2.05.zip

HeaderTags_v2.5.9.1.tar.gz

ImprovedInvoice2.2.zip

linkpoint_api_cvm.zip

MonthlySalesandTax_2.2.tar.gz

NewslettersSubscribers_0.53.zip

nuoveXT-1.6_GPL_Icons.zip

Optimize_tep_get_tax_ratev1.1_1.zip

OrderEditor_2.6.1.zip

PageEditorv1.5.zip

ProductDescriptions_v1.5.zip

ProductListingColumns_2.2a.zip

ProductTabPane102-WebFX.zip

QTPro.v4.25 Full.zip

QTPro4.2_AttributeManagerSort.zip

QueriesDebug-v1.7.zip

ReviewApprovalSystem_1.2.zip

ReviewsInProductDisplay_1.0.zip

robots1.1.zip

SEOAssistant1.3.3_full.zip

Show Price List 3.5.zip

spiders_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9_10_11_12_13_14_15_16_17_18_19_20_21_22_23_24_25.zip

SPPC_4.15.zip

SPPC_ShowPriceList_3.5.zip

STS_InfoboxTemplates_1.2.zip

STSv4_2.zip

TinyMCE_2.0.6.1.zip

UL_XC-Categories.zip

Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.2.2.tar.gz

UltraPics_v1.1.zip

UPSChoice1.8.zip

UPSXML_v1_2_3_1.zip

US_Default-Dropdown.zip

WhosOnlineEnhancement1.9b.zip

XSell_v2.3.zip

Not one has an issue with STS directly mostly because I'm foregoing fiddling with trying to define variables for product_info.php.

That's my experience so far.

HTH,

Iggy

Oh, and just to add, that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of traps and mines involved with most of these. Just that having STS installed didn't exacerbate any of the issues.

Good luck!

Iggy

That is an impressive list there Iggy. I see you chose CCGV instead of CCGV(trad). The latter reportedly to be a cleaner install particularly with STS. Do you recall how many hours it took to get CCGV working?

That is an impressive list there Iggy. I see you chose CCGV instead of CCGV(trad). The latter reportedly to be a cleaner install particularly with STS. Do you recall how many hours it took to get CCGV working?

From my notes it was a straight overwrite and early on

Base osC install - osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051113

Simple Template System 4.1 added

CCGV 5.16 - Credit Class & Gift Voucher added by overwrite. Moved redemption box above CC. Suppressed js error message on redemption

osC and STS have since been updated. CCGV 5.16 has, amazingly given it's history, caused me no headache at all.

Iggy

Edited by Iggy