• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

That is likely a z-index issue... adjust the z-index style of the submenu to be above the content.

I'll try that Bill, thanks. I have been trying to get it to work all day.

Much gratitude

Hi

I'm trying to create new layouts of shipping.php, contact_us.php and conditions.php.

In contact_us.php.html I just put a line of text and below that i put $content to get the original contact form.

When I put this file in ..catalog\includes\sts_templates\full\content my layout does not show up, just the original one.

If I put the file in ...catalog\includes\sts_templates\full\ my layout is displayed over the whole screen, not just in the middle of the shop as I would like.

I've been reading the manual and tried searching this forum and the Swedish forum without success.

Here is the code in my contact_us.php.html

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html $htmlparams>
<head>
<!--$headcontent-->
 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<p>Here I will put some contact information!!!!</p>
	<p> </p>
	<p>$content</p>
	</body>
</html>

Thanks in advance!

Stefan Johansson

I know you probably didn't mean it to come out this way but your comments suggest that my free template has a lot of bugs in it.

Oh noo! so sorry :wacko: I never meant that it is buggy, i just meant that i encountred some problems when i was trying to customize it, and that was of course because of my limited skills. Your template is really nice and simple, i can't deny that, that's why I am Using It! because I like it!

However, It is not working with Ajax Shopping Cart, and I feel very sad about it.

I am always waiting for you Bill to kindly help me.

Thanks in advance

Celina

Hi

I'm trying to create new layouts of shipping.php, contact_us.php and conditions.php.

In contact_us.php.html I just put a line of text and below that i put $content to get the original contact form.

When I put this file in ..catalog\includes\sts_templates\full\content my layout does not show up, just the original one.

If I put the file in ...catalog\includes\sts_templates\full\ my layout is displayed over the whole screen, not just in the middle of the shop as I would like.

I've been reading the manual and tried searching this forum and the Swedish forum without success.

Here is the code in my contact_us.php.html

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html $htmlparams>
<head>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

<p>Here I will put some contact information!!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>$content</p>
</body>
</html>

Thanks in advance!

Stefan Johansson

Are you using the latest version of STS (4.5.8)?

Are you using the default configuration in the STS modules or have you modified any of the settings besides the template folder?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Oh noo! so sorry :wacko: I never meant that it is buggy, i just meant that i encountred some problems when i was trying to customize it, and that was of course because of my limited skills. Your template is really nice and simple, i can't deny that, that's why I am Using It! because I like it!

However, It is not working with Ajax Shopping Cart, and I feel very sad about it.

I am always waiting for you Bill to kindly help me.

Thanks in advance

Celina

Celina,

One of these days I might get the time to install Ajax Shopping Cart but at the moment I do not have a need for it and I am extremely busy with other installations.

The only reason that an Ajax contribution will not work for STS is one of the following:

1. The contribution is not coded properly to osCommerce standards
  2. The user is not referencing the JavaScript correctly in the templates.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Okay, first off sorry, for asking theses questions again, but there seems to me a lack of STS Question based forum allowed. I read a couple, and they all said, that STS based questions should be asked here, and further more, after about 50 pages or so, you just get tired of reading stuff not related to you. so here goes.

1) is it possible to have an over header and footer? basically have a header.php and footer.php and then have my templates, just call it everytime. I dont want to have to edit each file every time I make a small change, see what what I am saying?

2) when you go to the categories page, the categories them self, done have a info box around them? How do I fix this? for some reason I cant get a box around them.

--> Really for this question, is there a list or somthing somewhere, cause the same applys for the login page, I can seem to get that to work either.

thats all for now...

I am trying to solves theses to things my self too, so if I find the answer or find the solution I will post back, but as off right now, after 3 days, I can figure it out.

Also if you have a booked maked link or know a post number or even just a page, then I can look it up from there, I dont mind doing some leg work, just can do anymore leg work without some help :D

Thanks in advance!

Okay, first off sorry, for asking theses questions again, but there seems to me a lack of STS Question based forum allowed. I read a couple, and they all said, that STS based questions should be asked here, and further more, after about 50 pages or so, you just get tired of reading stuff not related to you. so here goes.

Mike, Google can be your friend. Use the following search string in Google to search this thread:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums [Contribution] sts v4 footer template

The part in bold above would be what you are searching for. By the way, The STS User Manual does inform STS users to seek support in this thread so it should come as no surprise that this is the best place to seek STS support. THERE IS NO LACK OF STS QUESTION BASED FORUM ALLOWED. It is perfectly allowed here.

1) is it possible to have an over header and footer? basically have a header.php and footer.php and then have my templates, just call it everytime. I dont want to have to edit each file every time I make a small change, see what what I am saying?

Using the Google search that I helped you with above, you would have found a post regarding a simple step by step tutorial that I created to assist you with making a footer and header template to be used for all of your other template pages. If you looked, you would have noticed that this was mentioned just a few posts up as well.

Hint: Go to the STSv4 Add-on Site (link in my signature below as well as listed in the STS User Manual).

2) when you go to the categories page, the categories them self, done have a info box around them? How do I fix this? for some reason I cant get a box around them.

--> Really for this question, is there a list or somthing somewhere, cause the same applys for the login page, I can seem to get that to work either.

Sorry, you are not being real clear on what you are wanting to do here.

thats all for now...

I am trying to solves theses to things my self too, so if I find the answer or find the solution I will post back, but as off right now, after 3 days, I can figure it out.

Do a search first. We do not need to be reinventing the wheel if it is not needed.

Tip: If you decide to read every post in this thread, it would be better to start from the last post and go up from there. The reason being is that the posts in the rear usually focus on the most current release.

Also if you have a booked maked link or know a post number or even just a page, then I can look it up from there, I dont mind doing some leg work, just can do anymore leg work without some help :D

Thanks in advance!

Well, I hope I have helped you out,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

One of these days I might get the time to install Ajax Shopping Cart but at the moment I do not have a need for it and I am extremely busy with other installations.

Bill thank you for your kindness, i will be waiting for you impatiently :wub:

ps: the install is very fast (1 minute) but there is no instruction to add JavaScript correctly in the templates :blink:

Thank you again :)

Are you using the latest version of STS (4.5.8)?

Are you using the default configuration in the STS modules or have you modified any of the settings besides the template folder?

Yes I use 4.5.8.

Here are the settings:

Use Templates?

true

Code for debug output

debug

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Base folder

includes/sts_templates/

Template folder

full

Default template file

sts_template.html

Use template for infoboxes

false

Use template for index page

true

Files for index.php template

sts_user_code.php

Check parent templates

true

Use template for product info page

true

Enable STS3 compatibility mode

false

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php

Files for content template

sts_user_code.php;product_info.php

I have tried all kinds of combinations of these true/false conditions.

When I turn On "Use template for product info page" That works just fine for the product info page.

A line of text that I put in ..full/content/product_info.php_26.html shows up just as I want.

But that product template looks alot different than my contact_us.php.html-file.

It seems like any file in content/ called for example contact_us.php.html or privacy.php.html wont show up at all even if it is a renamed "product_info.php_26.html"

Is the code in my contact_us.php.html correct?

Is it the correct way to create a template for these four files in the informationbox?

Thanks again.

Stefan

Yes, it is and it is a very common and very easy thing to do using STS.

Some use my step by step tutorial available in the STS Add-on Site (STSv4 Power Pack, link in my signature below) or they simply create new page templates for the specific page or category/product and insert the custom header directly into that template.

I strongly suggest using my step by step as it creates a header template with a PHP Include link in the page template.

If you decide to create the custom template directly into the template itself, you only need to save the template using the correct naming syntax. For example: home page (index.php_0.html), category ID1 (index.php_1.html), Product ID1 (product_info.php_1.html), etc.

I have included the header as a default as I dont need ones for seperate pages, well not just yet anyway. created the header.php file and placed the code in it.

Struggling with parts of the design of the header, like getting images to replicate as background images so theres no white spaces involved.

Also struggling with incorporating various things into the headers like drop down categories list in java dynamic menu and trying to find the right support is hard. and dynamic java menus with categry drop downs etc.

what a steep learning curve I am on, thing is copying and placing code is one thing understanding what your doing is another.

Thanks for your help

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Hi!

I wonder if there is some contribution that can refresh the content on the page without having to refresh the whole page. For example if I click on a new category in the categorybox it will only refresh the the part of the page that contains the productlist and not other parts of the page. I have searched but have not found that.

Hi,

I have created a $content template (sts_templates/test/content/product_info.php.html).

However every time i try and add an image to the html code it never displays on the webpage.

Is there a way to get these images to show up?

Many thanks.

Hi,

I have created a $content template (sts_templates/test/content/product_info.php.html).

However every time i try and add an image to the html code it never displays on the webpage.

Also i am trying to increase the size of the image displayed on the product info page only. More details are at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1357388

This works when "Use template for product info page" in the admin is set to false, however it does not work when trying to use my template. Is there a way to get this to work?

Many thanks.

This is not correct. You should save your custom contact_us.php.html template in the root directory of your template folder: catalog\includes\sts_templates\full\

Only "content" templates are saved in the catalog\includes\sts_templates\full\content folder.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi,

You should upload your image to your template folder (for example: catalog\includes\sts_templates\full\images) and then link to them using the $templatedir tag as so:

$templatedir/images/myimage.gif

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi!

I wonder if there is some contribution that can refresh the content on the page without having to refresh the whole page. For example if I click on a new category in the categorybox it will only refresh the the part of the page that contains the productlist and not other parts of the page. I have searched but have not found that.

Do a Google search:

site:http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions ajax

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I have included the header as a default as I dont need ones for seperate pages, well not just yet anyway. created the header.php file and placed the code in it.

Struggling with parts of the design of the header, like getting images to replicate as background images so theres no white spaces involved.

Also struggling with incorporating various things into the headers like drop down categories list in java dynamic menu and trying to find the right support is hard. and dynamic java menus with categry drop downs etc.

what a steep learning curve I am on, thing is copying and placing code is one thing understanding what your doing is another.

Thanks for your help

Johnny

Johnny,

Either you have a typo in the above or you misunderstood what I meant about having a header template.

header.php is a stock osCommerce file. header.php.html is a STS template. Two totally different beasts. With STS, you do not need to touch the stock osC header.php file. Leave it alone. All you need to do is create a header.php.html template and save it in your template folder (for example: catalog\includes\sts_templates\full\header.php.html). Add whatever you want to be displayed in your header into this header.php.html template.

Once you have created the header.php.html template, you can insert a single line of code into your page template in order to "include" this header.php.html template. If you need help with this, just follow my step by step tutorial that is available in the STS Add-on Site (Link in my signature below).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hi Guys,

I have managed to install STS V4.5.8 and have not come across any errors. Well any visible errors. Seems to be sitting nicely.

The problem i face is that i cannot get it to work. I dont seem to be getting any visible errors as mentioned...However when i try to enable from the backend it does not seem to work.

Any advise as what i could try.

Thanks in advance.

Amit

You should upload your image to your template folder (for example: catalog\includes\sts_templates\full\images) and then link to them using the $templatedir tag as so:

$templatedir/images/myimage.gif

Hi, thanks for the reply.

My content template is located in sts_templates/test/content/product_info.php.html, iv tried using $templatedir/images/image.jpg with the image located in both sts_templates/test/images/image.jpg and sts_templates/test/content/images/image.jpg but the image dosent show up with either.

Is there somethibng else i can do?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Guys,

I have managed to install STS V4.5.8 and have not come across any errors. Well any visible errors. Seems to be sitting nicely.

The problem i face is that i cannot get it to work. I dont seem to be getting any visible errors as mentioned...However when i try to enable from the backend it does not seem to work.

Any advise as what i could try.

Thanks in advance.

Amit

Amit,

Are you using an older version of osCommerce such as the 060817 release (August 2007)? This release had a module refresh bug that prevented any of the modules to be installed from the admin. See the following post for my solution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1117449

Otherwise, use a file comparison tool to compare your files with the files from the contribution to make sure you did not miss anything. Remember, you need the new files as well as make the modifications to some of your existing files according to the installation instructions.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Johnny,

Either you have a typo in the above or you misunderstood what I meant about having a header template.

header.php is a stock osCommerce file. header.php.html is a STS template. Two totally different beasts. With STS, you do not need to touch the stock osC header.php file. Leave it alone. All you need to do is create a header.php.html template and save it in your template folder (for example: catalog\includes\sts_templates\full\header.php.html). Add whatever you want to be displayed in your header into this header.php.html template.

Once you have created the header.php.html template, you can insert a single line of code into your page template in order to "include" this header.php.html template. If you need help with this, just follow my step by step tutorial that is available in the STS Add-on Site (Link in my signature below).

Hi Bill, sorry I meant I placed the information in header.php.html and that I have not created _1 or _2 or whatever it is to have a different header for a product or category.

Just having trouble getting bits of code inside the header functioning, such as a list of categories, from the menu. I am guessing this code I need from elsewhere and just have to work out what it is I actually need to get it to work.

Also wondered how I would get the $content part of the shopping cart infobox showing up in my header file.

as I can put the $carbox up there but cant split it and use the content part.

Thanks for your help,

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Hi Bill,

I have an interesting question for you ;)

I want to try A/B Split Testing. I have Google Analytics Module setup and I need to figure out how, using STS, to create two different versions of the home page and then somehow rotate them so a visitor to our site will see one or the other.

I'm almost thinking I need to have two separate template folders for the entire site because I would need to use separate profiles on Google to track each one individually and see which has a better conversion rate. (which would mean separate tracking numbers for each version of the site).

I'm a little bit lost as to how to use STS in this fashion. I know how to create a new template folder and a new site template using a new stylesheet, etc... But I'm not sure how to then rotate which one is loaded (especially since that is typically set in the Admin->Modules->STS area). :blush:

Do you have any ideas? :huh:

Oh - just an update on setting up the Google Analytics Module Contribution with the latest STS versions: I use a footer template, the actual includes/footer.php file doesn't seem to get pulled into the page on our site. So, I had footer.php.html and I created footer-tracker.php.html (following the instructions for includes/footer.php). Then, I created a separate template for the checkout_success.php page (checkout_success.php.html) so I could force that one page to call the footer-tracker.php.html (rather than footer.php.html). Other than that, I followed the directions in the contribution. Google is verifying that I have it setup correctly.

~Tracy

Hi,

I upload a version in spanish of STS 4.5.8:

"STSv4.5.8 for all osC 2.2 versions - Info espanol -" (nicko107,15 Jan 2009)

include all the files (except the english documentation) of the last complete package:

"STSv4.5.8 for all osC 2.2 versions" by bkellum, date 23 Jan 2008.

The instructions, guide of modules and STS User Manual are translated to spanish in the doc_espanol folder.

- "instalacion.html"

- "modulos...html"

- "Manual de Usuario STS.doc"

I hope this help to anyone that need the instructions in spanish to install this very usefull addon

regards

nicko107

Edited by nicko107

This is not correct. You should save your custom contact_us.php.html template in the root directory of your template folder: catalog\includes\sts_templates\full\

Only "content" templates are saved in the catalog\includes\sts_templates\full\content folder.

Ok, I put it there. But then the contact_us.php.html covers the whole screen. It does not show up in the middle of the shop.

Can you give me a short example of how a contact_us.php.html should be done?

What I would like to do is adding the company adress for visitors, telephone number and maybe a link to a map. And below that, the standard contact form.

Regards

Stefan