• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Lori, take a look at the following link regarding your post:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=233781

Hope that helps you out,

Thank you Bill. Actually now I found out that I need to remove the price and the Buy Now. This would be on the page that lists the products for that particular category. The price is okay for the actual page that has the single product on it (the full page for the specific product).

Also, I just realized that there is an option to sort the product names but it does not work? It just goes to an error page from the web host. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do about the sorting? Should I remove? I will need to do some further research on this as to where the code is.

Thanks!!

One other issue I am having is that when viewing my site in Internet Explorer I keep getting an Error at the bottom left corner of the browser. It says 'Menu' is undefined. It does give the line of code but I have no idea what is wrong. I have never had this happen with regular sites. So, I am not sure if this is an issue that I need to fix because of using STS and osCommerce?

Anyone else out there have this issue? I am using custom graphics (with rollovers) for the navigation. Other than that everything is really starting to come together and I am so happy :D

Thank you!!

Ugh - there is a wonderful little bit of code called "asort" that is controlling the order stuff shows up in for this table >_<

I can comment out the asort line and all seems to work well, except then my quantity and price columns get reversed to price, quantity. Went back through again, trying to make sure all pages involved have quantity, then price - but to no avail :(

So, if anybody out there has implemented the sts_inc/product_info.php with Master Products and SPPC and Xsell and Customer Testimonials (I have boxes from xsell and customer testimonials that I show on my product_info.php page) and would be willing to share their code it would be greatly appreciated!! :blush:

Otherwise I'm gonna have to shelf this for now as I've got bigger fish to fry - and then come back to it later on :thumbsup:

Tracy,

Have you looked at the first product download in the STSv4 Power Pack site? The first power pack included mods for Master Products that may help you out.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thank you Bill. Actually now I found out that I need to remove the price and the Buy Now. This would be on the page that lists the products for that particular category. The price is okay for the actual page that has the single product on it (the full page for the specific product).

Also, I just realized that there is an option to sort the product names but it does not work? It just goes to an error page from the web host. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do about the sorting? Should I remove? I will need to do some further research on this as to where the code is.

Thanks!!

Lori,

This is not STS related but I think the sort function is located in the functions/general.php file (near the bottom). Try comparing your general.php file with one from a stock osC to help find the problem with your sorting.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

One other issue I am having is that when viewing my site in Internet Explorer I keep getting an Error at the bottom left corner of the browser. It says 'Menu' is undefined. It does give the line of code but I have no idea what is wrong. I have never had this happen with regular sites. So, I am not sure if this is an issue that I need to fix because of using STS and osCommerce?

Anyone else out there have this issue? I am using custom graphics (with rollovers) for the navigation. Other than that everything is really starting to come together and I am so happy :D

Thank you!!

Lori, what is the complete error including the line number and file? This may be related to a JavaScript error.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Lori, what is the complete error including the line number and file? This may be related to a JavaScript error.

Hi

I think I just figured out this mystery. I swear I really do try to figure these things out before posting. :o

My mm_menu.js file needed to be updated to reflect the directory it is in.

My original line of code said: <script language="JavaScript" src="mm_menu.js"></script>

I changed to:

<script language="JavaScript" src="/catalog/includes/sts_templates/test/mm_menu.js"></script>

Hi

I think I just figured out this mystery. I swear I really do try to figure these things out before posting. :o

My mm_menu.js file needed to be updated to reflect the directory it is in.

My original line of code said: <script language="JavaScript" src="mm_menu.js"></script>

I changed to:

<script language="JavaScript" src="/catalog/includes/sts_templates/test/mm_menu.js"></script>

Try using
<script language="JavaScript" src="$templatedir/mm_menu.js"></script>

and see if that works. Using the $templatedir tag will make your template more mobile and the code more dynamic. The $templatedir is what ever template folder you set in the STS Default Module in the admin.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Try using
<script language="JavaScript" src="$templatedir/mm_menu.js"></script>

and see if that works. Using the $templatedir tag will make your template more mobile and the code more dynamic. The $templatedir is what ever template folder you set in the STS Default Module in the admin.

Okay, thanks!!

>_< DOH!!

I have this downloaded, and wouldn't ya know I hadn't even thought of it!! Why do I always try and do things the hard way!! :unsure:

LOL - Thank you sooo much Bill :blush: - as always you are a walking encyclopedia on osC design elements - whether in or out of STS :thumbsup:

Tracy,

Have you looked at the first product download in the STSv4 Power Pack site? The first power pack included mods for Master Products that may help you out.

~Tracy

And it gets even more fun :lol: I do have all of the changes made to the sts_inc/product_info.php file - however, what I am trying to modify is this:

$slaveproducts

The table that this tag will output has it's columns sorted via "asort" rather than just sorted by the order they are listed in for the array. When I comment out the "asort" I get closer to having them organized the way I want- I just can't seem to find what file is changing the order of the Qty and Price columns.

I don't need to change the way the product_info.php looks as far as the $content is concerned - I just wanted to re-arrange the columns in that one table :blush:

I'll mess with it later on and if I come up with a way to that works I'll be sure to post it here for others to find :thumbsup:

Thanks Again!!

Tracy,

~Tracy

I cannot get STS working. We'll i say that, but really what I can't get working is the cat specific templates. Here's an example:

index.php.html --> serves up main page, includes links to the cats as well as to the shopping cart etc...

I have categories 21, 22, 23

When you click to goto index.php?cPath=21

It's under my impression that inside the /includes/sts_templates/full/

their should be a file named index.php_21.html that is served up in place of the main index.php template when a specific cPath is called(if it's there of course)

Instead I get the main template for index.php...

I also noticed in the STS folder their was a file called STS_default_category -- which seems to be what I'm trying to do... however, in the directions it states:

OPEN /includes/sts_display_output.php

their is no file called this in my includes ... their is one in /includes/sts_templates/sts_inc but it doesn't have the information in it (it's only like 50 or so lines of code in it)

Can anyone help at all?

I need some opinions. Here is my dilemma... :wacko:

I have several CD products that I need to display. However, most of the CDs are sets or compilations so there are multiple CDs and tracks per product. I would like to be able to display each CD image and each track listing for each CD. Bleh!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to neatly display these? Meaning, I am wondering if I can put the CD images in the HTML and then pull from the web host server for those images since I am limited to uploading one image for each product. Then, there are the multiple track listings. The page is going to be really long on some of these since some of the CD sets have 5 CDs in then and then 2-4 track listings for each CD. I was thinking of doing a tab type thing for the track listings but I cannot get it to work.

I looked at CD Universe - looks like they use osCommerce. However, they just simply list the track listings in a smaller font. I did not see anything dynamic.

Just throwing it out there in case anyone has any input or wants to also learn how to do this.

Thanks!!

I cannot get STS working. We'll i say that, but really what I can't get working is the cat specific templates. Here's an example:

index.php.html --> serves up main page, includes links to the cats as well as to the shopping cart etc...

I have categories 21, 22, 23

When you click to goto index.php?cPath=21

It's under my impression that inside the /includes/sts_templates/full/

their should be a file named index.php_21.html that is served up in place of the main index.php template when a specific cPath is called(if it's there of course)

Instead I get the main template for index.php...

I also noticed in the STS folder their was a file called STS_default_category -- which seems to be what I'm trying to do... however, in the directions it states:

OPEN /includes/sts_display_output.php

their is no file called this in my includes ... their is one in /includes/sts_templates/sts_inc but it doesn't have the information in it (it's only like 50 or so lines of code in it)

Can anyone help at all?

Michael, I'm not sure where you got the instructions to OPEN /includes/sts_display_output.php so I can't help you there. Also, there shouldn't be a folder path such as /includes/sts_templates/sts_inc/sts_display_output.php. It appears you really messed up the folder structure during the installation process.

I suggest that you compare your shops files & folders with the files & folders in the STSv4.5.8 contribution package.

Once you get it installed correctly, you should use index.php_0.php as your home page and then index.php_21.php for your category template specific to ID 21. Remember, you will also need to enable the STS Index Module in the admin in order for this feature to function correctly.

Hope this helped you out,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

This depends on whether or not the multiple CDs and tracks are actually individual products - or options of a product.

In your product description field you are allowed to use HTML - so you can simply include your images and tracks in the product description. You can also have links in the descriptions if you install "Embed Links w/SID in Description" - Contribution # 2905.

If there are multiple CD's available for individual purchase, you could install the "Master Products" Contribution #1681. Setup your main CD product as the master (does not have to be purchaseable, can be more like a product description) and then setup each separate CD as a Slave Product (with an image for each). The tracks could be options (if you get to choose what tracks you want on the CD you are purchasing) or listed in the description field for the appropriate product.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

I need some opinions. Here is my dilemma... :wacko:

I have several CD products that I need to display. However, most of the CDs are sets or compilations so there are multiple CDs and tracks per product. I would like to be able to display each CD image and each track listing for each CD. Bleh!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to neatly display these? Meaning, I am wondering if I can put the CD images in the HTML and then pull from the web host server for those images since I am limited to uploading one image for each product. Then, there are the multiple track listings. The page is going to be really long on some of these since some of the CD sets have 5 CDs in then and then 2-4 track listings for each CD. I was thinking of doing a tab type thing for the track listings but I cannot get it to work.

I looked at CD Universe - looks like they use osCommerce. However, they just simply list the track listings in a smaller font. I did not see anything dynamic.

Just throwing it out there in case anyone has any input or wants to also learn how to do this.

Thanks!!

~Tracy

This depends on whether or not the multiple CDs and tracks are actually individual products - or options of a product.

In your product description field you are allowed to use HTML - so you can simply include your images and tracks in the product description. You can also have links in the descriptions if you install "Embed Links w/SID in Description" - Contribution # 2905.

If there are multiple CD's available for individual purchase, you could install the "Master Products" Contribution #1681. Setup your main CD product as the master (does not have to be purchaseable, can be more like a product description) and then setup each separate CD as a Slave Product (with an image for each). The tracks could be options (if you get to choose what tracks you want on the CD you are purchasing) or listed in the description field for the appropriate product.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Thank you Tracy! This is great information. My post may have seemed confusing - I was super tired when I wrote it :wacko: . So to clarify...

There will be no shopping cart on this site. My client is using it strictly for the catalog and also the ease up updating the catalog as they need to.

Let's say I have a "Box Set" and the Box Set is Songs from the 70's. Within that box set there are 5 CD cases with 2 discs in each case. I want to show each CD cover image and also the track listings for for the two discs in each case. The main image of the box set will be on the main category page. Then, when you click on it, it goes to the specific information about that product with all of the details. This is where I want to display the individual CD cover images for that box set along with the track listings. I was trying to come up with a way to have two tabs for each CD. Then as you click on each tab you can toggle back and forth between the track listings.

However, I don't think this is possible because it involves javascript.

So, I am thinking that this is what I need to do. In the Product Description...

1. I can place the image for each CD using an absolute image path URL (the images will be on the web server) because I am not sure of any other way to put those other images in.

2. Then, I will just make the font a little smaller for the track listings and maybe since there are 2 track listings per CD within the box set I will just put those track listings within two tables side by side.

My main concern was that some of the pages might be really long but as I have looked at other osCommerce sites that sell CDs, and they have done it the same way and some pages will just need to be longer than others.

Thanks again!!

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I have read so many posts trying to get this to work and I am at my wits end. I have STS and osCommerce installed.

Does anyone know how to delete the default image on the Product Listings page called: table_background_default.gif? It has a man sitting at a desk. The actual image shows up as a broken image on my page. I have tried using a transparent image, I have tried messing with the code, etc.

I just cannot seem to get that little bugger off of the page. :huh:

Thanks!!

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I have read so many posts trying to get this to work and I am at my wits end. I have STS and osCommerce installed.

Does anyone know how to delete the default image on the Product Listings page called: table_background_default.gif? It has a man sitting at a desk. The actual image shows up as a broken image on my page. I have tried using a transparent image, I have tried messing with the code, etc.

I just cannot seem to get that little bugger off of the page. :huh:

Thanks!!

Lori,

You should be able to upload a transparent image of the same name into the same folder and that would do it. Try right-clicking on the image to find the image path.

BTW, I am interested in your non-ecommerce version of osC. Care to share? :-

Thanks,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Lori,

You should be able to upload a transparent image of the same name into the same folder and that would do it. Try right-clicking on the image to find the image path.

BTW, I am interested in your non-ecommerce version of osC. Care to share? :-

Thanks,

Hi Bill,

The path it is showing under Properties is: /catalog/includes/sts_templates/test/images/

However, there are no images there. I uploaded a transparent gif but I still see the broken image with the red X. I am perplexed. I have also tried uploading a transparent gif under catalog/images. Argh! Also, it does not list the file name. I went to the osCommerce demo to find it.

I will definitely share the site with you once it goes live next week. I signed a pretty strict NDA with the client so I cannot say anything specific right now. You have been so helpful!! I have learned so much.

Edited by dcwebpixie

Hi Bill,

The path it is showing under Properties is: /catalog/includes/sts_templates/test/images/

However, there are no images there. I uploaded a transparent gif but I still see the broken image with the red X. I am perplexed. I have also tried uploading a transparent gif under catalog/images. Argh! Also, it does not list the file name. I went to the osCommerce demo to find it.

I will definitely share the site with you once it goes live next week. I signed a pretty strict NDA with the client so I cannot say anything specific right now. You have been so helpful!! I have learned so much.

Lori, make sure you get the image name exactly as it is shown in the path. Name your transparent image the same and then upload to your catalog/includes/sts_templates/test/images folder.

There are other options as to removing that image but the above is by far the easiest method.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Lori, make sure you get the image name exactly as it is shown in the path. Name your transparent image the same and then upload to your catalog/includes/sts_templates/test/images folder.

There are other options as to removing that image but the above is by far the easiest method.

Unfortunately, it does not show the image file name. When I right click in IE or Firefox it just lists that one path without an image name. It will not let me do Save As. So I had gone to the osCommerce Demo Catalog to try and find it. It looked like it was table_background_default.gif.

The image is to the right where it says: Let's See What We Have Here.

I was trying to see if I should do something on the english/index.php page since this is where I was able to change the header title "Lets See What We Have Here."

Where it says define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', ''); should there be an image name in there? I do not know PHP so I have no clue.

When I right click and do a Save Image As in Firefox it says "The link could not be saved. The web page might have been removed or had its name changed."

IE does not even give me an option to save image.

I reverted back to the original english/index.php file but everything remains the same with the broken image. :unsure:

Edited by dcwebpixie

I have been looking for the STS4 forum thread and first off would like to know if this is it as I cannot see any other sts headings in the normal oscommerce forum threads!!

If I am at the right place then I have a few questions!

In designing my site using sts I deleted the normal css file which got rid of all the boxes around the categories and each item etc. Now when I enter '$categorybox' the list appears with no box around it, but, I would now like to make a box around it but not use the standard box so how do I do that? Do I need to re-install the old css file to make the boxes come back and then change them that way or is there an easier way?

I would also like to get rid of each of the box headings because when I have the new box designed the name will be in there so I do not want it to appear twice?

I have also seen other oscommerce sites displaying little images before each category but I am not sure how to do that if anyone can enlighten me? I have had a look in the contributions area but cant seem to find anything?

Cheers.

I have been looking for the STS4 forum thread and first off would like to know if this is it as I cannot see any other sts headings in the normal oscommerce forum threads!!

If I am at the right place then I have a few questions!

In designing my site using sts I deleted the normal css file which got rid of all the boxes around the categories and each item etc. Now when I enter '$categorybox' the list appears with no box around it, but, I would now like to make a box around it but not use the standard box so how do I do that? Do I need to re-install the old css file to make the boxes come back and then change them that way or is there an easier way?

I would also like to get rid of each of the box headings because when I have the new box designed the name will be in there so I do not want it to appear twice?

I have also seen other oscommerce sites displaying little images before each category but I am not sure how to do that if anyone can enlighten me? I have had a look in the contributions area but cant seem to find anything?

Cheers.

Hello Gareth and welcome to the STSv4 support thread. Notice the heading that states [Contribution] STS v4.

You can make individual infobox templates using the built in infobox template feature in STSv4. You can also split the heading and the content into two separate templates to assist in styling.

TIP:By createing a blank header template, the infobox heading will not appear. Refer to the STS User Manual regarding infobox templates.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

I was trying to see if I should do something on the english/index.php page since this is where I was able to change the header title "Lets See What We Have Here."

Where it says define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', ''); should there be an image name in there? I do not know PHP so I have no clue.

When I right click and do a Save Image As in Firefox it says "The link could not be saved. The web page might have been removed or had its name changed."

IE does not even give me an option to save image.

I reverted back to the original english/index.php file but everything remains the same with the broken image. :unsure:

Well I FINALLY found such a simple solution to my problem. I just went into the Admin panel - images, then I set the header height and width to 0. It took care of everything. Here is the Contribution link http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3862

I am not sure why the transparent image was not working for me because I had it filed in the correct directory according to the image path. I also tried experimenting with the code and lastly I reverted back the the original file. However, none of these things worked for me unfortunately.

I feel like I am in the home stretch now... yay!!

So these are the latest issues I am working on. I am just listing them in case anyone has any insight OR hopefully this will help someone else learn too.

1. Where should I file my home page since this is different from the main template for the product pages. Everything is actually the same EXCEPT that the table background is black where the content goes for the home page. Bill (if you are reading this) you mentioned to me in an earlier post to name my index page index.php_0.html. Where should I file it? Should I have all of my non-product pages within the catalog directory OR at the root level? I will utlimately need to change a few of the directory names before this goes live. And by that I mean change sts_templates and test. I am reading up on that in the manual now. If everything is in the /catalog directory, then I suppose I need to go into the Web Host CPanel and configure it so that once the site goes live it will look in the /catalog directory for the index file.

2. Next I have a few other general (non-product) pages such as Contact, FAQs, etc. All of these have a white background as the product pages. Can I use the same template for these pages as I used for the product pages? If so, how do I incorporate the content then? How do I name them? contact.php.html? Where should I file them?

3. On the Product Listing page, is it possible to have a different title depending on which category you are looking at. For example, right now it says "Let's See What We Have Here." Is there a way to have that change to Country if the user is looking on that page, OR Rock if they are on that page, etc.?

4. Lastly, I am still working on the sorting issue on the product listings page. This is for sorting the product names and the price. It just does not work. It goes to a 404 Error Page. Still researching this issue.

Thanks