• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

when you click the cartcontents it gives you the shopping cart with https but the update buttons post method is calling it with http, this generates a security popup. I changed the shopping_cart php file to update with ssl.

Draiesme has gone the other way and edited general.php in sts to generate cartcontents with http instead of https, i actually like this solution better.

Julian

Julian, I still do not see this as a STS problem. STS is only pulling what is in the shopping_cart.php file.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Julian, I still do not see this as a STS problem. STS is only pulling what is in the shopping_cart.php file.

Hello bill,

Im a complete newb at oscommerce, php and sts (as you can see from my post above). I see your point that sts is using what is in shopping cart however, if you turn sts off in admin, the unmodified cart doesnt show the problem behavior. I have no idea why not.

Hello bill,

Im a complete newb at oscommerce, php and sts (as you can see from my post above). I see your point that sts is using what is in shopping cart however, if you turn sts off in admin, the unmodified cart doesnt show the problem behavior. I have no idea why not.

To assist in narrowing this down....Is your shop a stock osC shop (meaning you do not have any other contributions added except for STS)? If not, what other contributions do you have installed?

My line of thinking here is that some of the stock osC code was modified to make a certain contribution work, however, it is not to osC standards and therefore STS has trouble with it. This would explain why your shop "appears" to be OK with STS turned off.

Also, if your shop is a stock osC shop, you may have some settings that STS is not agreeing with. Is your shop configured the same as it was at the time of the osC installation? Do you have "Search Engine Friendly URLS" set to "False" (it should always be set to False btw)?

I'll wait for your response.

Thanks Julian. :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

this is probably very simple and has been answered in this thread somewhere (cant find it). ive read the docs and i must be very obtuse so here goes. How exactly do you use sts to replace something like TEXT_INFORMATION in

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Put here your Shipping & Returns information.');

This is a line from my shipping.php, surely i dont actually have to type what i want in my shipping and returns info into this one statement. I know i can replace the whole page with shipping.php.html but i only want to change what is in 'TEXT_INFORMATION' , replacing the whole page seems like using a sledge hammer to crack a nut.

Julian :blush:

The best way to do this is to change that line so that it echos nothing.

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Put here your Shipping & Returns information.');

Change it to:

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', '');

Now, you can create a shipping.php.html template with any text you want in the same manner you would when creating any other type of web page.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hey Bill

The error is caused when you try to remove an item from your shopping cart while the shopping cart url is secure.

so you need to have something in the cart, and be at https://www.website.shopping_cart.php. Then click the remove box and select update.

On some browsers, the error has been turned off, like in IE it gives you the choice.

But the error is about sending data over an unsecure connection.

Because the "remove from cart" information is sent from https//:(secure) directly to a http://(unsecure) in the update button, because when the page is refreshed after updating it becomes regular unsecure.

To assist in narrowing this down....Is your shop a stock osC shop (meaning you do not have any other contributions added except for STS)? If not, what other contributions do you have installed?

My line of thinking here is that some of the stock osC code was modified to make a certain contribution work, however, it is not to osC standards and therefore STS has trouble with it. This would explain why your shop "appears" to be OK with STS turned off.

Also, if your shop is a stock osC shop, you may have some settings that STS is not agreeing with. Is your shop configured the same as it was at the time of the osC installation? Do you have "Search Engine Friendly URLS" set to "False" (it should always be set to False btw)?

I'll wait for your response.

Thanks Julian. :thumbsup:

Hello bill,

i have a auspost, lightbox and otf_auto_thumb installed. My osC install is stock standard except for the changes required for the contribs, the search engine setting is false.

Now, you can create a shipping.php.html template with any text you want in the same manner you would when creating any other type of web page.

bill, if i create a shipping.php.html file with my shipping info text and put it my sts template directory (test btw). when i click on the shipping link i just get the shipping info. with nothing else. Am i meant to create the whole page with info boxes and menus?

John,

That should already be the case unless I am misunderstanding your question.

On my site I have a STS category....

You can click on STSv4.5.8 and be taken to the product_info page for this product....

The only other text is the "Customers who bought this product also..."

Are you not gettting the same results?

Bill,

You understood me correct!

No I am not getting that result. When taken to the product_info page I get the index.php_XX.html text listed under my product as well.

(The only contribution installed is STS btw.)

I see now when i hover my product links they are named: http://xxx.product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=79

Not: http://product_info.php?products_id=79

That should be the error.. Now I just wonder why that happened and how to fix it...

Thanks!

Edited by Amrahp

Hey Bill

The error is caused when you try to remove an item from your shopping cart while the shopping cart url is secure.

so you need to have something in the cart, and be at https://www.website.shopping_cart.php. Then click the remove box and select update.

On some browsers, the error has been turned off, like in IE it gives you the choice.

But the error is about sending data over an unsecure connection.

Because the "remove from cart" information is sent from https//:(secure) directly to a http://(unsecure) in the update button, because when the page is refreshed after updating it becomes regular unsecure.

Most likely you have an image in your template that is http://yoursite.com/images/imagename.jpg instead of images/imagename.jpg. If you never get the errors when STS is off it is definitely your template.

I have several sites running STS with various other contributions and never had a problem except when I have to change my config files or includes/application_top.php to match my sever configuration

Powered By osC 2.2RC2a STS 4.5.8 - HTC 2.6.3 - FP 1.5.9 - BCH 1.0.0

Bill,

You understood me correct!

No I am not getting that result. When taken to the product_info page I get the index.php_XX.html text listed under my product as well.

(The only contribution installed is STS btw.)

I see now when i hover my product links they are named: http://xxx.product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=79

Not: http://product_info.php?products_id=79

That should be the error.. Now I just wonder why that happened and how to fix it...

Thanks!

Sorry... Some new info to clarify...

I have only one product listed like: http://xxx.product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=79 so that shouldn´t be the problem I guess.

The rest are named like this: http://xxx.product_info.php?products_id=79.

But in all the cases when the product is clicked the category info gets listed as well (index.php_xx.html)

This is driving me nuts! :'( :'(

Any help highly appreciated!

Sorry... Some new info to clarify...

I have only one product listed like: http://xxx.product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=79 so that shouldn´t be the problem I guess.

The rest are named like this: http://xxx.product_info.php?products_id=79.

But in all the cases when the product is clicked the category info gets listed as well (index.php_xx.html)

This is driving me nuts! :'( :'(

Any help highly appreciated!

John, that doesn't look correct.

This looks like you do not have your cert configured correctly. By the way...did you happen to set the "Use Search Engine Friendly URLS" to true in your admin? This should never be enabled.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

John, that doesn't look correct.

This looks like you do not have your cert configured correctly. By the way...did you happen to set the "Use Search Engine Friendly URLS" to true in your admin? This should never be enabled.

Hi again.

"cert"??

No SEF has always been set to "false"

Hi again.

"cert"??

No SEF has always been set to "false"

Sorry John...I got your post mixed up with another post. :blush:

I know you have made some changes in the PHP code regarding your products so I would start with comparing your changes with a stock osCommerce file and "reverse engineer" to help find where the problem lies. Keep a backup of course so that way if you don't find the answer you could at least get back to where you are now.

The only reason I suggested the SEF setting is because changing that to true would make your shop very erratic and do strange things like yours is doing.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Sorry John...I got your post mixed up with another post. :blush:

I know you have made some changes in the PHP code regarding your products so I would start with comparing your changes with a stock osCommerce file and "reverse engineer" to help find where the problem lies. Keep a backup of course so that way if you don't find the answer you could at least get back to where you are now.

The only reason I suggested the SEF setting is because changing that to true would make your shop very erratic and do strange things like yours is doing.

Ok... :thumbsup:

Thanks for your time and effort Bill! I have already started my "reverse quest" and will see where it takes me! ;)

A small update regarding my problem...

As a test; I did create some sub categories and copied my products into them in the admin panel. The categoy text is NOT listed! A small step forward or not.. I´m not sure yet. >_<

Hey Bill,

I have a question that you might be able to help with, I have installed osC-PrintOrder with Store Logo and have been able to get everything to work except the pop-up invoice on the customer side, instead of showing the invoice it shows my template.

There was a fix for the earlier versions of STS, found here, but that does not work with the current versions.

Would you have any idea how to work around this?