• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] STS v4

Hey there....3rd time was the charm! I am thinking the client's hosting sucks?

Anyway, thanks for your speedy help...love the contribution and its essential for the ecommerce web work that i get....this is the best one to date (credits to the designer) www.capostore.com/catalog ...its not officially running yet as we hammer out the details but the design is there....

thanks!

Niki, I know it sounds strange but it was most likely your FTP client software that you are using. Could be a setting here or there that is causing it to not complete the upload. It has happened to a lot of users.

Nice site by the way! :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

All,

I just upgraded my site to a new version of STS 4.5 since the older version was limiting me to what I could install ?

What are the best SEO tools compatible to work with STS 4.5. Please do let me know.

Thanks

Amit

All,

I just upgraded my site to a new version of STS 4.5 since the older version was limiting me to what I could install ?

What are the best SEO tools compatible to work with STS 4.5. Please do let me know.

Thanks

Amit

Header Tags Controller. You can use my step by step installation guide (link in my signature below). :thumbsup:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hi,

I have installed osCommerce and STS. I am making my way through everything slowly. :huh: However, I have a question in regards to navigation. On the left side of my website I have some custom graphic navigation buttons for each category. So let's say for example I have Books, DVDs, Music, etc. I have a button for each one of these. How do I get these to link to the individual category pages?

Also should I have a separate template for each category? I will have the home page which will have just content - no product images. Then, I will have Contact, About, etc. Then of course I will have the Product/Category Pages.

Thanks so much for any guidance!!

Change the STSv3 compatibility to FALSE.

Did you take a look at the HTML file in the doc folder that I suggested earlier? It explains it really well on how STS will look for your specific product template.

Thanks for the tip

turns out it was simply the STSv3 compatability being set to True that caused all my hair pulling grief

Hello,

I just installed STS and osCommerce. First, thank you so much for STS. It is making my life easier :thumbsup:

I have a question relating to the Search Box. I have spent all night looking for a solution but perhaps I overlooked it?

I want to just use the search box (rectangle) and have a graphic to the right of it that says "Go." The user will type in what they are searching for and then click on GO. I did add the STS tag for Search but it is I guess a default search box and not what I need. Also, will the Search pull from all Product content such as the Product Name and Item Number?

Thank you so much!

Hello,

I just installed STS and osCommerce. First, thank you so much for STS. It is making my life easier :thumbsup:

I have a question relating to the Search Box. I have spent all night looking for a solution but perhaps I overlooked it?

I want to just use the search box (rectangle) and have a graphic to the right of it that says "Go." The user will type in what they are searching for and then click on GO. I did add the STS tag for Search but it is I guess a default search box and not what I need. Also, will the Search pull from all Product content such as the Product Name and Item Number?

Thank you so much!

Use this contribution.

Search Box Anywhere

I've used it on the site I'm building and this will do what you want. You can see it on my site. You should be able to change the text on the button from "Search" to "Go" by editing the code in the search box tag. I think the installation instructions show you how to do it.

Use this contribution.

Search Box Anywhere

I've used it on the site I'm building and this will do what you want. You can see it on my site. You should be able to change the text on the button from "Search" to "Go" by editing the code in the search box tag. I think the installation instructions show you how to do it.

Thanks so much Sit and Spin!! I really appreciate it!! :D

Thanks so much Sit and Spin!! I really appreciate it!! :D
:thumbsup: If you look back just a few posts you will see a direct solution for your STS Search/without the box.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1195537

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

:thumbsup: If you look back just a few posts you will see a direct solution for your STS Search/without the box.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1195537

Thank you Bill. I will take a look. I do need the actual box though and then I have a graphic next to it that says "GO."

Also, would anyone be able to point me in the direction as to finding out how to link from my custom graphic navigation buttons to the category pages? I am reading through everything that I possibly can. :sweating: I am also trying to figure out if I should create a template for all pages such as Home, About, Contact (these will all have different content of course but the layout will be the same). I am also not sure if I should be creating templates for each category page. FYI - this site will not have any actual commerce. I am using it mainly for its great organization of product categories and so that the client can update products themself through the Admin area.

I appreciate everyone's help on this board!!!! :) This has been a great learning experience and will continue to be.

Thanks!!!

Thank you Bill. I will take a look. I do need the actual box though and then I have a graphic next to it that says "GO."

Also, would anyone be able to point me in the direction as to finding out how to link from my custom graphic navigation buttons to the category pages? I am reading through everything that I possibly can. :sweating: I am also trying to figure out if I should create a template for all pages such as Home, About, Contact (these will all have different content of course but the layout will be the same). I am also not sure if I should be creating templates for each category page. FYI - this site will not have any actual commerce. I am using it mainly for its great organization of product categories and so that the client can update products themself through the Admin area.

I appreciate everyone's help on this board!!!! :) This has been a great learning experience and will continue to be.

Thanks!!!

Lori, yes, the code mentioned in the link above will get you the search component that you need.

Tip:

STS Link to a category:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('index.php', 'cPath=21&', 'NONSSL'); ?>">Category 21 Name Here</a>

STS Link to a product:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=53&', 'NONSSL'); ?>">Product 53 Name Here</a>

Individual Page links that keep the session ID in tact:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('conditions.php', 'NONSSL'); ?>"

Link to the catalog/conditions.php page.

<a href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, '', 'NONSSL') . ' class="headerNavigation">' . 'contact' . '</a>';

Link to the catalog/contact_us.php page.

The links above work great if you are looking for static links for a few categories and products. If you are wanting images to go with dynamic links to categories and products you would have to edit the actual category page itself. You could always throw the $categoriesbox tag into a div unordered list statement in your template and then attempt to sytle the list the way you need it.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Lori, yes, the code mentioned in the link above will get you the search component that you need.

Tip:

STS Link to a category:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('index.php', 'cPath=21&', 'NONSSL'); ?>">Category 21 Name Here</a>

STS Link to a product:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('product_info.php', 'products_id=53&', 'NONSSL'); ?>">Product 53 Name Here</a>

Individual Page links that keep the session ID in tact:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('conditions.php', 'NONSSL'); ?>"

Link to the catalog/conditions.php page.

<a href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, '', 'NONSSL') . ' class="headerNavigation">' . 'contact' . '</a>';

Link to the catalog/contact_us.php page.

The links above work great if you are looking for static links for a few categories and products. If you are wanting images to go with dynamic links to categories and products you would have to edit the actual category page itself. You could always throw the $categoriesbox tag into a div unordered list statement in your template and then attempt to sytle the list the way you need it.

Thank you so much Bill. I will work on this. An example of the navigation structure will be similar to this:

Music (this will not link to anything)

- Rock (this will link to the category page with all rock music products)

- Country (this will link to the category page with all country music products)

- Blues (this will link to the category page with all blues music products)

- etc.

DVDs (this will not link to anything)

- Family (this will link to the category page with all family dvd products)

- Learning (this will link to the category page with all learning dvd products)

- etc.

Thanks Again!!! :thumbsup:

That is very strange!!! It was the STS title last night I believe? :huh:

Looks like someone is playing games with the title of this thread.

This is the STSv4 Support Thread.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Looks like someone is playing games with the title of this thread.

This is the STSv4 Support Thread.

Can anyone change the title? I started worrying because I mentioned in my one reply about linking from the graphic buttons to the category pages but I have no idea how you even change a thread title. I just hit the reply button. I did email one of the Team Members to see if they can change it back? Someone may have already contacted them?

Can anyone change the title? I started worrying because I mentioned in my one reply about linking from the graphic buttons to the category pages but I have no idea how you even change a thread title. I just hit the reply button. I did email one of the Team Members to see if they can change it back? Someone may have already contacted them?
Lori, I just replied to your pm you sent me. I listed some options for you regarding your category image navigation.

BTW...I reported the thread title so hopefully the original title will appear again soon. :- :lol: Someone's have some fun anyway.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Shopping cart link in breadcrumbs is secure. While update button links to unsecure cart. It gives a scary warning to customers when they try to remove item, saying connection is not secure.

How to duplicate error:

1. Add item to cart.

2. Click the shopping cart breadcrumb link.

3. Now that cart is reloaded try to remove the item.

It sends you from the secure to unsecure, while sending data. In firefox a warning is generated. Saying sending from secure to unsecure.

To fix.

In

catalog\includes\modules\sts_inc\general.php

Change Every instance of

(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'SSL')

to

(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART)

It should be there three times.

This should not be a security threat. On the shopping cart page no sensitive information is being sent. On Oscommerce without the STS contribub shopping cart link is always unsecure.

------------------

Someone check me on this, in terms of security being affected.

Edited by Draeisme

Hi,

Really weird that this thread title hasn't been fixed?

Thanks for putting up with my questions Bill. You truly have been a big help! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A quickie:

If I have a category page, lets say index.php_25.html with some category text and some products listed. When I then click a product I don´t want the category text to show under the product content. Just the product information.

Is that possible?

Thanks again!

Hi,

Really weird that this thread title hasn't been fixed?

Thanks for putting up with my questions Bill. You truly have been a big help! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A quickie:

If I have a category page, lets say index.php_25.html with some category text and some products listed. When I then click a product I don´t want the category text to show under the product content. Just the product information.

Is that possible?

Thanks again!

John,

That should already be the case unless I am misunderstanding your question.

On my site I have a STS category....

You can click on STSv4.5.8 and be taken to the product_info page for this product....

The only other text is the "Customers who bought this product also..."

Are you not gettting the same results?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Shopping cart link in breadcrumbs is secure. While update button links to unsecure cart. It gives a scary warning to customers when they try to remove item, saying connection is not secure.

How to duplicate error:

1. Add item to cart.

2. Click the shopping cart breadcrumb link.

3. Now that cart is reloaded try to remove the item.

It sends you from the secure to unsecure, while sending data. In firefox a warning is generated. Saying sending from secure to unsecure.

To fix.

In

catalog\includes\modules\sts_inc\general.php

Change Every instance of

(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'SSL')

to

(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART)

It should be there three times.

This should not be a security threat. On the shopping cart page no sensitive information is being sent. On Oscommerce without the STS contribub shopping cart link is always unsecure.

------------------

Someone check me on this, in terms of security being affected.

If you are getting security errors, you should confirm that you have your configure.php files set correctly and any other paths set by your security certificate.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

If you are getting security errors, you should confirm that you have your configure.php files set correctly and any other paths set by your security certificate.

I dont think this is caused by a problem with configuration. The problem appears to be related to STS. I had the same problem but my solution was to edit shopping_cart.php

Julian

I dont think this is caused by a problem with configuration. The problem appears to be related to STS. I had the same problem but my solution was to edit shopping_cart.php

Julian

What was causing the problem in your shopping_cart.php file?

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

What was causing the problem in your shopping_cart.php file?

when you click the cartcontents it gives you the shopping cart with https but the update buttons post method is calling it with http, this generates a security popup. I changed the shopping_cart php file to update with ssl.

Draiesme has gone the other way and edited general.php in sts to generate cartcontents with http instead of https, i actually like this solution better.

Julian

this is probably very simple and has been answered in this thread somewhere (cant find it). ive read the docs and i must be very obtuse so here goes. How exactly do you use sts to replace something like TEXT_INFORMATION in

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Put here your Shipping & Returns information.');

This is a line from my shipping.php, surely i dont actually have to type what i want in my shipping and returns info into this one statement. I know i can replace the whole page with shipping.php.html but i only want to change what is in 'TEXT_INFORMATION' , replacing the whole page seems like using a sledge hammer to crack a nut.

Julian :blush: